Training Camp 8/23 - Allen, 5 others miss practice due to False positive Covid tests

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What does the NFL do if something like this happens right before a game? Do they delay the game for a day? Or do they force us to start Matt Barkley because of a lab issue?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I think Hauschka's on his way out.  Coming up short on several 50 yard attempts inside the stadium in perfect weather does not bode well, particularly when Bass is booming them and every reporter has noted how the ball "explodes" off his foot.

He's basically Scott Norwood at this point and we have our Steve Christie on the roster so please learn from history. 

Hausch needs to find a new haume.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if this will impact the Bills practice today . The browns are one of the teams that use this lab so based on proximity it is likely the Bills do as well 

Well, that must be a first.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just No.  No.

Can a mod give a mod 1 demerit? LOL.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This is potentially one of the most important pickups this year.
    If we field a top 1-5 D, which I expect we will, having a kid who can come in and manage a few games is huge. I have little faith in Barkley.

He is a rookie with no preseason...lets not kid ourselves if he has to play this year it will be a disaster.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

So I had to take a test before going back to school and it was 15 minutes and done on the spot- no lab.

I take it they’re using something more intensive than that?

Was that the prick blood test I have seen on FB. Gives the positive/negative along with T cells?

38 minutes ago, arcane said:

America is doing fine. Properly normalizing testing and taking into account the vast geographic scope and varying cold/flu hope-simpson seasonality for different regions, only NY/NJ/Mass. were negative outliers, compared to other western nations with potentially comparable coronavirus exposures (comparing to Pacific rim countries is not fair) and even those regions didn't see the doom that Italy saw

The NFL should not be anywhere near as quick-twitch panicky as it's likely going to be

America is doing terrible. Stop with the pie in the sky stuff...it never should have gotten this bad after lockdown got the numbers down. Irresponsible reopening has caused this.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

No delay.

Put your backups in and go play the game.

The show must go on

Agree. I think the flexibility to bring up PS players was built for this. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sweeney injured again? What now?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

America is doing terrible. Stop with the pie in the sky stuff...it never should have gotten this bad after lockdown got the numbers down. Irresponsible reopening has caused this.

the protests are the cause of the summer outbreak. States were open and doing just fine pre protest. They started end of may and mid June you see the big spike.  To be very clear I support what they protested for but sadly there have been some very bad consequences.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Gave Davis has apparently been the rookie MVP so far. It would be nice for the Bills to finally hit on a WR draft pick.

I'm worried about the kicking. Hauschka sounds like he's done and I don't want to rely on a scattershot rookie kicker in big moments.

• Like (+1) 3