Earl Thomas On His Way Out Of Baltimore (Edit: now cut)

H2o

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And the hits just keep coming for the Ravens. 

ESPN.com: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson dealing with groin injury, sources say.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29726871/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-dealing-groin-injury-sources-say

Not good. That’s the kind of thing that can stick and keep your speed and agility down which is 98% of Lamar’s game.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29726871/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-dealing-groin-injury-sources-say

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Not good. That’s the kind of thing that can stick and keep your speed and agility down which is 98% of Lamar’s game.

I’m gonna go ahead and assume he’s on madden cover this year? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, the top team discussed is Dallas, but they have only $12.6 mil. space which ranks them 19th.  The top teams are the Browns, Broncos, Pats, and the Jets.  I know the Pats lost Chung this year, so they might have an interest.  I’m not letting my own feelings about my vitriol for the Pats and Jets Get involved, just thinking who needs safety help, and who has $.  The other factor is who is willing to take in a malcontent who thinks they can control him.  We don’t need him, but even more so, McD doesn’t want that kind of guy.

I know I don’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, my buddy drafted him in our keeper round (10th round, goes in reverse order from the previous season's finish - get to keep the player for the next season), and i just sent him that and went oh mannnn gonna linger all year bruhhh

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well, the top team discussed is Dallas, but they have only $12.6 mil. space which ranks them 19th.  The top teams are the Browns, Broncos, Pats, and the Jets.  I know the Pats lost Chung this year, so they might have an interest.  I’m not letting my own feelings about my vitriol for the Pats and Jets Get involved, just thinking who needs safety help, and who has $.  The other factor is who is willing to take in a malcontent who thinks they can control him.  We don’t need him, but even more so, McD doesn’t want that kind of guy.

I know I don’t. 

He's a free safety though.  Dallas makes sense - since clinton-dix would likely be playing SS.

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m gonna go ahead and assume he’s on madden cover this year? 

Good guess

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It’d be such a shame to see that. Ahem. 

Getting back to the OP, this article explains it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/inside-the-earl-thomas-ravens-divorce-and-what-e2-80-99s-next-for-both-sides/ar-BB18jSlF

Apparently it wasn't the typical training camp scuffle, but a prolonged thing stemming from Thomas getting called out for a busted coverage, which was one of many assignment errors.

A few things to know about the Thomas release:

• He was not well-liked by his teammates. He had a pattern of being late, and in a recent practice, he made multiple assignment errors, causing defensive teammates to confront him about his preparedness. He missed at least one walk-through with no valid excuse. When the incident at Friday’s practice happened, very few if any teammates came to his defense. Teammates backed Clark, the significantly lesser name.

• The money will hurt Baltimore—a $15-million cap charge this year and $10 million next year for Thomas to not play for them, unless they win a grievance to get some of the money back.

• The grievance process will be fascinating. The union represents Thomas, but also Chuck Clark—and also the rest of the Ravens who are not on Thomas’ side. What if more comes out about this dispute that shows Clark to clearly be the aggrieved victim, for instance? Can the NFLPA stand up for both Thomas and his apparent sworn enemy? This will be a fascinating case to follow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Earl Thomas On His Way Out Of Baltimore (Edit: now cut)
22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He is a QB.  He can stand in pocket and throw, right?  :devil:

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

• The grievance process will be fascinating. The union represents Thomas, but also Chuck Clark—and also the rest of the Ravens who are not on Thomas’ side. What if more comes out about this dispute that shows Clark to clearly be the aggrieved victim, for instance? Can the NFLPA stand up for both Thomas and his apparent sworn enemy? This will be a fascinating case to follow.

As long as each player keeps his money that is all really what union cares about.

They have defended multiple players taking cheap shots at other players multiple times.  

On 8/24/2020 at 7:49 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Getting back to the OP, this article explains it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/inside-the-earl-thomas-ravens-divorce-and-what-e2-80-99s-next-for-both-sides/ar-BB18jSlF

Apparently it wasn't the typical training camp scuffle, but a prolonged thing stemming from Thomas getting called out for a busted coverage, which was one of many assignment errors.

A few things to know about the Thomas release:

• He was not well-liked by his teammates. He had a pattern of being late, and in a recent practice, he made multiple assignment errors, causing defensive teammates to confront him about his preparedness. He missed at least one walk-through with no valid excuse. When the incident at Friday’s practice happened, very few if any teammates came to his defense. Teammates backed Clark, the significantly lesser name.

• The money will hurt Baltimore—a $15-million cap charge this year and $10 million next year for Thomas to not play for them, unless they win a grievance to get some of the money back.

I had made mention before that the guy seemed like an ***hole and that was the reason I didn't like him. I believe it was in a thread someone created about the players they disliked the most. Thomas was on my list. This just kind of validates my point and tells me my intuition was right. 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 2:40 AM, Limeaid said:

As long as each player keeps his money that is all really what union cares about.

They have defended multiple players taking cheap shots at other players multiple times.  

And it is pretty normal for unions to end up representing two sides of the same employment dispute. Happens all the time. They will have different NFLPA reps but it is perfectly possible for a union to represent both parties.