RB's Wade & Moss are "tight"

LB48

6 minutes ago, simpleman said:

The worst part of this board is the people that see it as a place to just to insult other posters. The OP shared valuable information I had not read. If your toy smartphone makes reading text too difficult, maybe it is time to buy a real computer to use on the board. Thank you for sharing OP.

This post deserves insult. That’s NOT how you copy/paste articles & quotes. With very little effort, even toy-playing simple men can do it correctly.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, simpleman said:

The worst part of this board is the people that see it as a place to just to insult other posters. The OP shared valuable information I had not read. If your toy smartphone makes reading text too difficult, maybe it is time to buy a real computer to use on the board. Thank you for sharing OP.

Food for thought.... Perhaps some of the board members read posts on their phone in the break room at work, and don’t have the luxury of sitting on their couch with a laptop all day. 

Regardless, casually pointing out formatting when there are format option when one “pastes” is hardly a personal attack. 

1 hour ago, Beef on Weck said:

UK is an awesome place - need to get back there again! Wade definitely made the most of his opportunities last year, if he can chip block (or catch) on passing plays - even better chance of making the roster.

Not to get off subject - were you a Bills fan before Wade?  - Where do you watch the games and are there other Bills fans around you?

Thanks Beef  ...  I was indeed a Bills fan before Wade arrived... have been since I was about 11 (1990 or so) ...so went through the ecstasy and agony of the 4 superbowls, which nearly destroyed me as a youth. I had no fellow bills fans to turn to either as most of my mates thought I was mad watching NFL over the English football league (soccer).  Which is why I love this board!

Edited by NI Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't see him making the final roster, special teamers are at a premium for many of the 2nd/3rd string spots on the team and there are guys that can perform that role better than he's able to that are competing with him.  With that said, if you get a RB down or two he could be called up from the practice squad.

Wow.  Wade is like the guy who, after a good friend of yours brought him to your party as a guest, is still in your kitchen the next morning...just hanging out.

And he continues to get Mike Jasper-type love here.  If not for his international status, he would be back in short shorts in the UK 

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

What happened to him?

He's sleeping with the fishes . . . actually, he was a strange fella that took umbrage one day at the lack of appreciation for Josh Rosen or the bot checks ran out or something equally obscure and just stopped posting. For a while he was hanging out on a Sabres' site, but no one cared about Josh Rosen over there, either.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He's sleeping with the fishes . . . actually, he was a strange fella that took umbrage one day at the lack of appreciation for Josh Rosen or the bot checks ran out or something equally obscure and just stopped posting. For a while he was hanging out on a Sabres' site, but no one cared about Josh Rosen over there, either.

Poor guy

I think this year with expanded PS rules he will be put on regular PS not International PS exception.

New rules allow players to be brought up and then put back on PS

There is a chance he will be taken by another team off PS and Bills will wish him good luck when he is not playing the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gambit said:

Now that's fair. I don't expect anything honestly but I think it would be cool if  he made it. As for Taiwan Jones, he was on our team a couple years ago and yet we let him go. Anything is possible.

Yeah.  Jones was named a team captain in 2018 for his special teams play.  He was not retained by Buffalo after the 2018 season due to a serious neck injury which landed him on IR, but he was signed in the spring of 2019 and played a season in Houston.  

There’s a reason Taiwan was re-signed by Buffalo this year.  He’s a special teams monster (as I mentioned one of the best gunners in the NFL), can return punts/kickoffs as needed, and is more than a capable backup RB.  And he’s healthy.

Look, we all like Wade.  It’s a good story and he looks like he has some solid potential.  Tremendous athlete.  He’ll have his spot on the practice squad and continue to develop.  Perhaps he’ll make a roster one day, but the reality is that it’s a long shot.  Not trying to be a jerk....just being realistic.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DocLawless said:

Man, tough crowd ^ Thanks for sharing! Will be interesting to see what Wade can do with the limited preseason this year. Long shot to make the roster, but it will be nice to see how far he has come since last year. 

Ya.  I'm thinking it's going to be Yeldon over Wade but I believe he'll be on PS and available if needed

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Cheers OP.  As a UK resident I take great interest in Wade and his development, so happy for any snippets.

One thing I do take from the article (and I'm maybe way off on this) ... is that Moss has potentially gained a better understanding of the playbook than Singletary had by this time last year... or why would Singletary not have been able to help bring along Wade's development to the same degree in the rookie room last year?  Or maybe Moss is just a better communicator or closer to Wade than Motor was.

Or maybe the season should just start now so we can stop over analysing everything!!

Oh yeah what part of the UK? Is it Cacapoopoopeepeeshire?

?

3 hours ago, simpleman said:

There were no personal insults.  There is a certain amount of board etiquette that we all try to adhere to.  One simple “rule” is that if you’re starting a thread with a quote from another source, at the bare minimum, the OP should provide a link to the article/tweet referenced.  

In this case there was only a quote/excerpt that was sloppily cut and pasted...with no link...no personal opinion or narrative by the OP.

Think of the “critical” replies in this thread as a teaching moment for the OP ?

Go Bills

10 hours ago, Georgie said:

still one of the fastest guys on the roster.  Won't see offensive reps unless there's an injury but is a versatile backup

He hurt the Bills w a big catch for Houston in the playoff last year.  He isn't just a warm body....

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I think this year with expanded PS rules he will be put on regular PS not International PS exception.

New rules allow players to be brought up and then put back on PS

There is a chance he will be taken by another team off PS and Bills will wish him good luck when he is not playing the Bills.

I do too.

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This post deserves insult. That’s NOT how you copy/paste articles & quotes. With very little effort, even toy-playing simple men can do it correctly.

Last time I thought the post deserved insults you banned me for a week ! 
I’ll be watching from the sideline on this one !

Taiwan Jones is not the lock some are making him out to be.  Does he have a legit shot at the roster, absolutely.  But some of you are over exaggerating the certainty he will be on the week 1 roster.  He's had injury issues and they still really like Yeldon too and have kept him around despite fans always writing him off.  And with no preseason and limited camp, Jones will have less time to learn the complicated offense Daboll runs too, which gives Yeldon and edge there.  For me, this is a close battle and I think the experience and knowledge of Daboll's complicated offense will tend to give those guys a slight edge this year in camp battles.  

That being said, Wade is a real long shot to make the roster, and its probably not realistic this year without a full camp and preseason for him to really show he's ready to be on an active NFL roster.  He has a world of potential, but we have a 2nd year RB and a rookie RB as our top 2 guys this year.  For them to keep a raw 3rd RB on top of that is just not likely.  They will want some veteran presence in that room, not 3 guys with 1 year of NFL regular season experience among them.  

For me, with Wade, the real question is are they going to see enough to put him on the regular PS instead of using the exemption.  If they use the exemption PS spot for him, he can not be activated at any point this year again as its a bonus spot.  But, if they feel he could be someone they could tap in the event of an injury, then they may choose to put him on the normal PS instead so he could be potentially activated if an injury or COVID situation hits the active RB's.  

My suspicion is that Wade will be on the regular PS as someone they could move to the active roster.  With COVID being such a wildcard, I think having him potentially available will be something they will value as long as he's shown he's picked the game up enough this camp.  

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Taiwan Jones is not the lock some are making him out to be.  Does he have a legit shot at the roster, absolutely.  But some of you are over exaggerating the certainty he will be on the week 1 roster.  He's had injury issues and they still really like Yeldon too and have kept him around despite fans always writing him off.  And with no preseason and limited camp, Jones will have less time to learn the complicated offense Daboll runs too, which gives Yeldon and edge there.  For me, this is a close battle and I think the experience and knowledge of Daboll's complicated offense will tend to give those guys a slight edge this year in camp battles.  

That being said, Wade is a real long shot to make the roster, and its probably not realistic this year without a full camp and preseason for him to really show he's ready to be on an active NFL roster.  He has a world of potential, but we have a 2nd year RB and a rookie RB as our top 2 guys this year.  For them to keep a raw 3rd RB on top of that is just not likely.  They will want some veteran presence in that room, not 3 guys with 1 year of NFL regular season experience among them.  

For me, with Wade, the real question is are they going to see enough to put him on the regular PS instead of using the exemption.  If they use the exemption PS spot for him, he can not be activated at any point this year again as its a bonus spot.  But, if they feel he could be someone they could tap in the event of an injury, then they may choose to put him on the normal PS instead so he could be potentially activated if an injury or COVID situation hits the active RB's.  

My suspicion is that Wade will be on the regular PS as someone they could move to the active roster.  With COVID being such a wildcard, I think having him potentially available will be something they will value as long as he's shown he's picked the game up enough this camp.  

No guarantees for sure, but who has more to offer other than carries?  I give the nod to Jones, and I think he likely would have never been let go if not for the season ending neck injury in 2018.  These guys who are 3rd/4th on the depth chart have to contribute on special teams, and that’s something that Jones happens to excel at.  Plus, by all accounts he’s healthy.  He was all last season for Houston, IIRC.