RB's Wade & Moss are "tight"

LB48

Running back Christian Wade thinks his knowledge and skill set in football are far better this season than last. Wade is in his second season with the Bills as part of the International Player Pathway program. Prior to joining the NFL, the England native spent several years as a professional rugby player.

The running back said rookie Zack Moss has helped Wade's knowledge grow.

"Me and Zack are actually pretty tight," Wade explained. "Obviously I'm still classed as a rookie so we would do virtual meetings throughout the spring together. So we've already kind of built up a rapport and a relationship. He's really been helping me with my game and stuff, and I've been really impressed with the way that he's come in and obviously taken a handle on the playbook. And he's already out there, making some good runs, making people miss, and just really looking forward to when the games actually start."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Any thoughts of your own, or are you just cutting and pasting text that someone else recorded/wrote?  We used to have a guy around here that served that function ?

How about you? You gave zero thoughts on the post and just went after him instead. As for the OP, I would love to see Wade make this roster. I honestly think he could be a solid returner at least if not a decent 3rd rb.

7 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

Man, tough crowd ^ Thanks for sharing! Will be interesting to see what Wade can do with the limited preseason this year. Long shot to make the roster, but it will be nice to see how far he has come since last year. 

I don't believe there is any preseason this year anymore. They canceled the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gambit said:

How about you? You gave zero thoughts on the post and just went after him instead. As for the OP, I would love to see Wade make this roster. I honestly think he could be a solid returner at least if not a decent 3rd rb.

?

You provided some obligatory substance, so I will oblige.

Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, Taiwan Jones (who is making the roster as a ST star), and then Wade.  He’s a good story and a decent emergency RB, but let’s not get crazy.

• Like (+1) 2

I understand there is a soft spot for Wade with the international program, and glad Moss has been trying to help him.  He has an uphill battle to make the team. We have a couple of FB competing to make the roster, and it’s almost assured Singletary, Moss, FB (DiMarco or Gilliam) and I think Yeldon makes the roster.  The reasoning on Yeldon is he’s a good pass catching RB, and has experience.  I’m betting Gilliam gets the nod as he is faster, younger, cheaper, and overall probably an upgrade.  Wade if he makes it probably is back on the PS.  He doesn’t count on the active roster, from a PR standpoint for the Pegulas he is a feel good story, is an extra PS person given the program, and with COVID, it’s a good call to keep him.  The good news is he could easily get called up and see some real time this year.  To think we are not going to have a revolving door from the PS squad with positive tests is rosed colored glasses.  I’d love to see the guy get called up like they do with baseball players from the minors.  It’s a lot to ask to think of the little things a RB knows who’s been playing since 8 years old, and a guy who is just beginning to understand how to run behind his blockers, etc. He has lots of natural talent and Id love it if he made it.

As far as the OP, bud just a friendly thought, consider giving an opinion as we want to know what you think.  It’s kind of customary on the board. I’m not piling on and thanks for sharing the quote.  It was appreciated.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Anyone who doesn’t think Taiwan Jones is making the 53 is bananas.  He’s one of the best gunners in the league.

still one of the fastest guys on the roster.  Won't see offensive reps unless there's an injury but is a versatile backup

• Like (+1) 1

Cheers OP.  As a UK resident I take great interest in Wade and his development, so happy for any snippets.

One thing I do take from the article (and I'm maybe way off on this) ... is that Moss has potentially gained a better understanding of the playbook than Singletary had by this time last year... or why would Singletary not have been able to help bring along Wade's development to the same degree in the rookie room last year?  Or maybe Moss is just a better communicator or closer to Wade than Motor was.

Or maybe the season should just start now so we can stop over analysing everything!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

?

Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, Taiwan Jones (who is making the roster as a ST star), and then Wade.  He’s a good story and a decent emergency RB, but let’s not get crazy.

Now that's fair. I don't expect anything honestly but I think it would be cool if  he made it. As for Taiwan Jones, he was on our team a couple years ago and yet we let him go. Anything is possible.

1 hour ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Cheers OP.  As a UK resident I take great interest in Wade and his development, so happy for any snippets.

One thing I do take from the article (and I'm maybe way off on this) ... is that Moss has potentially gained a better understanding of the playbook than Singletary had by this time last year... or why would Singletary not have been able to help bring along Wade's development to the same degree in the rookie room last year?  Or maybe Moss is just a better communicator or closer to Wade than Motor was.

Or maybe the season should just start now so we can stop over analysing everything!!

Singletary put himself in Gore's footsteps last year, trying to learn from him. Probably took priority over trying to help someone else.

Moss is also the same age as Singletary, yet finished his senior year. It's surprising what difference a year of extra maturity can make.

It's also true that different people get on with each other differently. Maybe Moss understands irony. ;)

Your last line might also be truth. ;)

Edited by Buddo
Clarity

4 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

UK is an awesome place - need to get back there again! Wade definitely made the most of his opportunities last year, if he can chip block (or catch) on passing plays - even better chance of making the roster.

Not to get off subject - were you a Bills fan before Wade?  - Where do you watch the games and are there other Bills fans around you?

I still can’t see a path for Wade to the 53 this season.  I think they’ll keep him on the PS again.  Love the story and hate that we can’t see him in preseason, but let’s face it, he’s obviously not doing anything in practice to suggest he could take snaps from Motor or Moss, and Taiwan Jones isn’t going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

?

5 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Good analysis from across the pond!?

90DE7398-79B5-4EEA-8675-D8F5E51DF3CA.jpeg

The worst part of this board is the people that see it as a place to just to insult other posters. The OP shared valuable information I had not read. If your toy smartphone makes reading text too difficult, maybe it is time to buy a real computer to use on the board. Thank you for sharing OP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2