Training Camp 8/21

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Interesting that Levi Wallace and John Brown are back there with Andre Roberts.

Agreed. No way they let either return punts in a game unless Roberts is injured. May indicate who else on the current roster won't be once the cut to 53 becomes necessary.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Interesting that Levi Wallace and John Brown are back there with Andre Roberts.

Been saying it for months now..... Roberts could be a surprise cut.  But everyone thinks hes still the Roberts of 2016.

His longest punt return last year was 22 yards.  8 yard avg. What 32 years old?

Do you keep him and put Hodgins on the PS to possibly be scooped up? Then have to drop Roberts to place Hodgins on the 53, or who do you drop? Can McKenzie return punts?  McKenzie is solid on the fly sweeps and made some big plays periodically last year on the field.....

I still say:

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Davis

McKenzie

Hodgins

But but Roberts is respected in the ST room.  8 yard avg last year, was 14 the year before.... IMO NFL teams are not scared of Roberts in 2020.

I think they are looking and building returners for a possible replacement.  90% of the time its a fair catch anyway.....

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, scribo said:

Agreed. No way they let either return punts in a game unless Roberts is injured. May indicate who else on the current roster won't be once the cut to 53 becomes necessary.

McKenzie?  It's just one clip but not seeing McKenzie or Micah back there I thought interesting.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Been saying it for months now..... Roberts could be a surprise cut.  But everyone thinks hes still the Roberts of 2016.

Do you keep him and put Hodgins on the PS to possibly be scooped up? Then have to drop Roberts to place Hodgins on the 53, or who do you drop? Can McKenzie return punts?  McKenzie is solid on the fly sweeps and made some big plays periodically last year on the field.....

I still say:

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Davis

McKenzie

Hodgins

But but Roberts is respected in the ST room.  8 yard avg last year, was 14 the year before.... IMO NFL teams are not scared of Roberts in 2020.

I think they are looking and building returners for a possible replacement.  90% of the time its a fair catch anyway.....

Yes. Good insight... agree with everything.

9 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I still say:

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Davis

McKenzie

Hodgins

You just did a nice job of laying out a case to keep Andre Roberts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, scribo said:

You just did a nice job of laying out a case to keep Andre Roberts.

How so?  Cause its hard to find someone to fair catch or get 8 yards on avg?

The "Roberts is respected in the ST room" is a fan response, sarcasm. 

Roberts was legit in 2016.

But his numbers last year were middle of the road.  Fans act like hes Devin Hester that avg'd 15,16,17 yds a return, 3-4 TDs a year.....

All things equal.  How would fans feel if Roberts wanst on this team last year.  And the Bills put Hodgins on the practice squad for a punt returner whos longest return was 22 yards and 8 yd avg.  I just think folks love Roberts because of his past and he's a name.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He just had a pro bowl season as a kick returner.   I think its easy money he will make the team.

he was 6th in Avg in the AFC last year, like 9th overall.  22 yards was his longest.  That screams alternate and voted in off name.

And how important are Kickoff returns?  Youre right, he probably will make the cut.  I just have a differnt opinion.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

9 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

How so?  Cause its hard to find someone to fair catch or get 8 yards on avg?

The "Roberts is respected in the ST room" is a fan response, sarcasm. 

He was the 4th ranked kick returner and 7th ranked punt returner in the NFL last season. He made the Pro Bowl.

You keep saying he’s washed up as a returner, but the stats simply don’t back that up.

Its fine that you don’t value special teams, but the coaches do. I bet Roberts makes the team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t get the McKenzie love. He’s ok. I think Bills will keep 7 WR. 
1.Diggs

2.Brown 

3. Beasley 

4. Davis

5. Duke ( having great camp)

6. Hodgins 

7. Roberts 

what does McKenzie give you but the jet sweep. Foster could replace Duke or Hodgins if he can run jet sweep. Excellent ST player and had great second half of season as a rookie. Good chemistry with Josh in 2018.