Ron Rivera Cancer

? prayers for you RR, 

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This story scares me.....

I have to wait 3 weeks to get the lump I found on my chest looked at. Reading this makes it SO much more difficult to handle. 

Anyone else have this happen, finding something like that?

Just want to say, I’m sending you prayers and positive vibes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

According to the article, he has an early stage of a very treatable and curable cancer.  I don't know what the prescribed treatment will be, but there is a good chance it will not include chemotherapy.  Surgery and radiation are both possible in early stage cancer.  If it does not, he probably will feel fine through the course of the season, and faces an excellent prognosis.  My wife and I have both been through cancer.   I have reason to  hate cancer as much as anybody, but I also believe that as long as it can be justified we should confront cancer with positivity.  A positive approach is clearly warranted in Ron Rivera's cancer, and Rivera himself is being positive about it.  Should we do less?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I have to wait 3 weeks to get the lump I found on my chest looked at. Reading this makes it SO much more difficult to handle. 

In my case, several CT scans over time revealed a growing spot on my lung.  To determine what it was, I opted for a surgical biopsy as opposed to a needle biopsy.  A needle biopsy was less invasive but would have left that spot in my lung.  I figured if it was in my lung and growing, it had to come out eventually whatever it was.  They did the biopsy with a general anesthetic and checked it for cancer while I was still out.  When it tested positive, they made a 5 inch incision in my back and removed the entire lower lobe of my right lung.  In case you're wondering, I am a life long passionate non-smoker.

Every cancer is unique.  The best advice I can give is take one step at a time.  I know it's really hard, but try not to entertain "what if" thoughts about things you don't yet know.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Actually yes. I noticed a lump on my chest just below my sternum about two years back. I had lost a few pounds but it It kind of came out of nowhere. Went to the doctor and it just ended up being my Xiphoid process which is like a piece of cartilage down at the base of your sternum. Was definitely a little worried about it those couple weeks between really noticing it and getting it looked at. Hoping you’ll have a similar result! 

10 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

One of my employees found a lump in a place you're not supposed to have one (his "happy place") just a few days ago. Went and got it checked out and they had ruled out everything except cancer, but they wanted him to get an ultrasound. Went to get the ultrasound and they found that thankfully it's NOT cancer. He'll have to have surgery to correct the issue but he was definitely on edge for a few days, and I can't blame him.

So it doesn't always turn out bad. Although in his particular case, surgery on that part of the body doesn't sound like a picnic either.?‍♂️

Hoping for the best for you, my friend.

Edited by CLTbills