Kevin Johnson hospitalized with lacerated liver suffered at Browns camp

YoloinOhio

This poor guys can’t catch a break.  I didn’t even know he’s had 7 injuries in the pros since his rookie year.  3 concussions, 2 foot injuries. a sprained MCL, and a wrist fracture.  Now make that 8 with a liver laceration.  If not too severe, he’ll be fine as you can actually donate small part of you’re liver to a family member of a match, but you don’t live without a liver.  There’s no extra kidney. 

I really hope he’s ok as I liked him as others pointed out, and he played well for us.  You can’t predict a lacerated liver.  If ok, I would be more concerned for three concussions in around a year.  Not good.  If slightly perforated, he’ll be ok in time, but he’s out for the rest of camp and most likely the first couple of games.

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Isn't that exactly what happened to Poyer when he was with the Browns? 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had a lacerated kidney 

Gee, join the Browns and your internal organs get smashed.

Best wishes to Kevin Johnson.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That sounds really freaking painful.  Poor guy.

Judging by how in some MMA fights I've seen where a guy gets punched/kicked in the liver and how it can literally end a fight...can't even imagine how painful a lacerated liver is.

I was playing soccer back in my younger days, when a 30-something man on our team had the ball kicked directly into his abdomen, which ordinarily is fine since the ball drops to your feet and you're in control.  This time, it ruptured his spleen.  This was a very fit man in good shape.  Odd things happen.  Someone falls on KJ (like that never happens in football) and it ruptures his liver.  

Some guys are just unlucky, and it's a shame.  KJ was a good player for the Bills and I wish him well.

• Like (+1) 1

That hurts just thinking about it, get well KJ.

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Isn't that exactly what happened to Poyer when he was with the Browns? 

Cleveland Browns safety Jordan Poyer was removed from a Week 6 game against the Tennessee Titans and taken to the hospital to be evaluated for a concussion and a lacerated kidney after taking a hit from Titans running back Antonio Andrews while he was covering a punt in the second quarter. Oct 17, 2016

Hope he fully recovers and is another player we pick up from Browns next year.