Training Camp 8/20 - live hitting in Bills Stadium

YoloinOhio

Gabe Davis vs Duke Williams vs Isaiah Hodgins vs Robert Foster vs Isaiah McKenzie

I think there’s been recent years where this could’ve been our competition for the 1, 2 and 3 WR spots. 

Semi-joking aside... Gabe Davis straight up looks the part. 

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Gabe Davis vs Duke Williams vs Isaiah Hodgins vs Robert Foster vs Isaiah McKenzie

I think there’s been recent years where this could’ve been our competition for the 1, 2 and 3 WR spots. 

Semi-joking aside... Gabe Davis straight up looks the part. 

I mean, two years ago we went into the season with Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, and Jeremy Kearly who got cut by week 3.....

Now the top of our WR chart is one of the best in the league and we have some real potential in the bottom of it. 

Beane is a mastermind. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, eball said:

If the decision comes down to Duke or Hodgins the smart thing is to keep Hodgins on the 53 and put Duke on the PS. Far more likely a team would poach Hodgins than Duke. 

I would think Duke is more likely to be signed cause he has NFL game tape.  There is some weakness in it but he has flashed before so I think he would be snatched up quicker than Hodgins who won’t have even preseason tape to evaluate. Lots of teams got to look at Hodgins in the late rounds and didn’t take a shot.  So why would they sign him now when they probably didn’t think he would make their rosters in April. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, eball said:

If the decision comes down to Duke or Hodgins the smart thing is to keep Hodgins on the 53 and put Duke on the PS. Far more likely a team would poach Hodgins than Duke. 

I gotta think the Bills will utilize at least one of the four new “protected” PS spots on a WR, given the young prospective talent they’ve now accrued at the position.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

7 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I would think Duke is more likely to be signed cause he has NFL game tape.  There is some weakness in it but he has flashed before so I think he would be snatched up quicker than Hodgins who won’t have even preseason tape to evaluate. Lots of teams got to look at Hodgins in the late rounds and didn’t take a shot.  So why would they sign him now when they probably didn’t think he would make their rosters in April. 

You make some valid points.

The counter to that is that this WR class was incredibly deep, and Beane himself thought that there were late round guys who had the talent to replace established pros.

It only takes an injury or two to WRs elsewhere, and all of a sudden the PS around the league will be being looked at hard.

All in all though, it's great that there is serious competition at the back end of the WR group. For too long we have had to hope someone will 'come through', now it looks that whoever wins the battles, will be good to go. ;)

11 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Regardless of whether Duke Williams makes the cut or not, there is no questioning his effort. Playoff drop aside, he routinely makes tough catches.  Super stoked for the rookies though, they look good.  May the best WR5 or WR6 win!  Nice to be talking about depth vs whether or not he have a legit #1.  Diggs 1.  Brown 1a. Beasley 3.  The rest is just icing on the cake.