Training Camp 8/20 - live hitting in Bills Stadium

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Per some of the media who watched it, Winters got stepped on or tripped by the RT

Oh that might explain it.  On the close-up, shows might have been stepped on for just  a second - that's all it would take I guess.  Still a great aggresive rush

Edited by stevewin

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

That’s flat out Embarrassing for Winters???

I thought so too, and said so earlier, but he may not have been thinking the rookie was going all out, it’s likely not to happen again, at least for Winters sake I hope not...?

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Remember all the reports of Mahomes INT's in his first training camp as the starter just before he won MVP.  LOL.  

Never understood the over reaction, good and bad, to just some drills and camp work.  There has never been a QB who started a full season thats thrown 0 interceptions.  But with Josh, every time he throws one in practice or a game its made into this huge deal by certain people on this board or the media as if its happening at a league leading rate, which its no where close to that.  

That Mahomes int thread was the greatest in the history of this board.  Some many ? takes from the “experts” here. 

and while I have my doubts on Allen, I could care less about practice.  It almost would be better if nothing got reported like the old days.  Freaking out about practice is a giant waste of time.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I thought so too, and said so earlier, but he may not have been thinking the rookie was going all out, it’s likely not to happen again, at least for Winters sake I hope not...?

Yolo said his Winter’s foot got stepped on. He doesn’t move them and just stands straight up. Stuff happens but at first glance it was a WOW moment.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Winters stood straight up.... a no no.

Yeah, but watch why winters stood up. AJ swats his initial punch away with his right hand and is into Winters body with his own hands fast as hell. That's an impressive combo of natural length and good technique hand fighting. Winters should be taking about a six inch step into AJ, but he can't because AJ is into him too fast. His torso can't go forward, so it goes up and he stands up.

Yeah, I see the tackle's foot in there, but I think the damage was already done. All Winters could have done would be plant his right foot and try to drive AJ wide, but from a Guard beat to the inside? good luck.

Edited by ocemur

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yolo said his Winter’s foot got stepped on. He doesn’t move them and just stands straight up. Stuff happens but at first glance it was a WOW moment.

I hear ya,  ?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal Cappacio believes this is Tyler Bass's job to lose.  I believe that as well.

Hauschka leg isn't strong anymore.  He was missing short today a few times.  

I think so all he needs to be is consistent enough at the mid-range and it's his. Love Hauschka but if we don't lose too much from that sub 50 range I bet they go with the guy that gives them a decent shot 50+

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think so all he needs to be is consistent enough at the mid-range and it's his. Love Hauschka but if we don't lose too much from that sub 50 range I bet they go with the guy that gives them a decent shot 50+

It just really seems like that cheap shot that he took at the end of 2018, he hasn't recovered.  He used to be automatic from 50+ now he can't even get it there.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal Cappacio believes this is Tyler Bass's job to lose.  I believe that as well.

Hauschka leg isn't strong anymore.  He was missing short today a few times.  

You don't draft a kicker if you aren't wanting him to win the job.  You would just sign a FA or wait to see who is a UFA.  We cannot be at that much of a disadvantage like we were last year when we had to constantly go for it on 4th down instead of attempting 50 yard FG's...I mean that is a normal FG in the NFL now, not some crazy long one...even 55 is fairly normal.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

You don't draft a kicker if you aren't wanting him to win the job.  You would just sign a FA or wait to see who is a UFA.  We cannot be at that much of a disadvantage like we were last year when we had to constantly go for it on 4th down instead of attempting 50 yard FG's...I mean that is a normal FG in the NFL now, not some crazy long one...even 55 is fairly normal.

I'm pretty sure we were going for it on 4th and short because JA is a beast. I'm pretty sure I read on here that he only missed one 4th down conversion last year. I wouldn't call that a disadvantage, but more of an advantage. And I'm 100% sure that the Bills going for it on 4th down have nothing to do with Hauschka.

5 minutes ago, costrovs said:

I'm pretty sure we were going for it on 4th and short because JA is a beast. I'm pretty sure I read on here that he only missed one 4th down conversion last year. I wouldn't call that a disadvantage, but more of an advantage. And I'm 100% sure that the Bills going for it on 4th down have nothing to do with Hauschka.

The Bills went for it the most of any team from "long FG distance", defined as anything from the 30-40 yd line, last year...and many of these situations were NOT 4th and short, they were like 4th and 4 or 5 or 7...definitely not a distance you would typically go for it unless your faith in your kickers ability to hit from 50 yards was non-existent