Limited tailgating vote tonight

BillsMafi$

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county/orchard-park/orchard-park-town-board-to-vote-on-scheduling-public-hearing-on-tailgating-issue/

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB)–UPDATE: Per the Orchard Park Town Board, there will be no tailgating allowed this Bills season, including in private lots.

Shocker ?

Edited by RiotAct
... “as long as there are no fans allowed inside the stadium”

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county/orchard-park/orchard-park-town-board-to-vote-on-scheduling-public-hearing-on-tailgating-issue/

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB)–UPDATE: Per the Orchard Park Town Board, there will be no tailgating allowed this Bills season, including in private lots.

Shocker ?

Some people need to be protected from themselves. I love the games, and I LOVE the tailgates, but I would not attend until some things change. There is no hurry for me and I hope to attend often when things are looking better. 

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Shocker ?

My money is on the Pegulas and NFL intervening to add private lots to this because they won't get a cut. Guaranteed. And if I were the private lot owners, I would immediately file suit challenging the right of the Town to tell private land owners that they can't do this due to a pandemic when social distancing regulations allow people to visit parks and recreational amenities, bars and restaurants, etc. Seems like an arbitrary and capricious local law unfairly impacting select business (let's be clear, these are businesses).  

Again, this has the Pegula and NFL's fingerprints all over it. They can't have their cake in county owned lots due to their fear of liability, so they've most certainly stepped in so that others can't as well.

So... who's throwing the first major off site tailgate in WNY and where????

23 minutes ago, zonabb said:

My money is on the Pegulas and NFL intervening to add private lots to this because they won't get a cut. Guaranteed. And if I were the private lot owners, I would immediately file suit challenging the right of the Town to tell private land owners that they can't do this due to a pandemic when social distancing regulations allow people to visit parks and recreational amenities, bars and restaurants, etc. Seems like an arbitrary and capricious local law unfairly impacting select business (let's be clear, these are businesses).  

Again, this has the Pegula and NFL's fingerprints all over it. They can't have their cake in county owned lots due to their fear of liability, so they've most certainly stepped in so that others can't as well.

They are ABSOLUTELY businesses. No doubt about that whatsoever.

However, it takes no money out of the Pegulas pockets, and it is such ridiculously small potatoes that I doubt it’s even crossed their minds. It’s money they will never get. They may even hope the Bills fan community could collect to help them in some way. It’s not an us vs them kind of thing in my mind. It’s an us AND them thing.

If it costs them nothing, why would they resent it? I’d like to think they would just support the smart move protecting our fans and community.  If they can legally tell privately owned bars to close, I’m betting they can shut this down too with no problems. Don’t get me wrong, I do HATE it, but it’s probably the smart thing to do. 

Edited by Augie

12 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Seems to me that if this werent true, you would have seen a massive resurgence after the BLM rallies. But we didn’t. 

They weren't drunk, they wore masks, and they social distanced (or at least many of them tried to). 

Edited by thurst44

8 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Got a credible citation that its not true?

That's not how that works. You can't prove a negative. 

But, in any case, a perfuctory google search shows many, many, many articles from independent sources have roughly the same line "most/everyone there are wearing masks"

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03FyXEYFg4TXBW12o-WP_22Ja94cg%3A1597887786860&source=hp&ei=KtU9X-jDMZWqytMP7-W86A8&q=what+was+the+percentage+of+mask+wearing+at+blm+rallies&oq=what+was+the+percentage+of+mask+wearing+at+blm+rallies

I'm pent up and missing football also and could use letting loose and cheering on the Bills, but this virus is brutal and very infectious -- I've already lost multiple friends and it sucks. I get the argument for individual rights, but when there are consequences that could lead to a cruel death... well, we owe it all to each other to make sacrifices. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

But, in any case, a perfuctory google search shows many, many, many articles from independent sources have roughly the same line "most/everyone there are wearing masks"

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03FyXEYFg4TXBW12o-WP_22Ja94cg%3A1597887786860&source=hp&ei=KtU9X-

2 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03FyXEYFg4TXBW12o-WP_22Ja94cg%3A1597887786860&source=hp&ei=KtU9X-jDMZWqytMP7-W86A8&q=what+was+the+percentage+of+mask+wearing+at+blm+rallies&oq=what+was+the+percentage+of+mask+wearing+at+blm+rallies

I'm pent up and missing football also and could use letting loose and cheering on the Bills, but this virus is brutal and very infectious -- I've already lost multiple friends and it sucks. I get the argument for individual rights, but when there are consequences that could lead to a cruel death... well, we owe it all to each other to make sacrifices. 

-W86A8&q=what+was+the+percentage+of+mask+wearing+at+blm+rallies&oq=what+was+the+percentage+of+mask+wearing+at+blm+rallies

You should read the articles...the virus didnt spread because it doesnt spread outside, not because of mask wearing. Most people agree a substantial percentage of protestors didnt wear masks, though, as you can see from prior pages of the thread, you must be especially precise when discussing what percentage of protestors didnt wear masks.

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yeah? All of them?

More of them than at certain other protests and/or rallies where they were aggressively not wearing them and in people died. One person wears a mask, it reduces another person's transmission roughly 70% and their chances are down 30%; both and it's almost 100%. It's a group that tends to have more people who believe masks work and let's leave it at that, Mr. Big Hands.

This thread is about to be closed down soon, isn't it? 

4 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

More of them than at certain other protests and/or rallies where they were aggressively not wearing them and in people died. One person wears a mask, it reduces another person's transmission roughly 70% and their chances are down 30%; both and it's almost 100%. It's a group that tends to have more people who believe masks work and let's leave it at that, Mr. Big Hands.

This thread is about to be closed down soon, isn't it? 

I replied, but there is no need to keep this up, so I deleted it.

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You should read the articles...the virus didnt spread because it doesnt spread outside, not because of mask wearing. Most people agree a substantial percentage of protestors didnt wear masks, though, as you can see from prior pages of the thread, you must be especially precise when discussing what percentage of protestors didnt wear masks.

I read articles. Your assertation that it doesn't spread outside is ridiculous and contradicts most of the science (which is admittedly still not completely known to begin with which makes your definitive stance all the more ludicrous. The virus spreads less outdoors than it does outside, but it still spreads, and it's more likely to spread when people are closer together and talking loudly. What does that last part sound like? There are multiple cases of outbreaks at large outdoor parties. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I replied, but there is no need to keep this up, so I deleted it.

OK, there's something we agree on.

51 minutes ago, zonabb said:

A semi-educated guess on what happened:  the young buck councilman got out over his skis supporting tailgating, Polo got wind of what was going to happen through the Channel 2 report, and ECDOH stepped in and put the kibosh on the whole deal.  I highly doubt the Pegulas had anything to do with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, zonabb said:

And if I were the private lot owners, I would immediately file suit challenging the right of the Town to tell private land owners that they can't do this due to a pandemic when social distancing regulations allow people to visit parks and recreational amenities, bars and restaurants, etc. Seems like an arbitrary and capricious local law unfairly impacting select business (let's be clear, these are businesses).  

Private lots still had to get permits from the town to allow parking. So they may not do anything, since that could cause the town/county to deny them any permit in the future. 

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

I think the protests were a worthy cause and in no way am I criticizing them, but people are very disingenuous about explaining them away in regards to COVID.... Atlanta literally had a massive Travis Scott concert labeled as a “protest”.   A lot of people only seeing what they want to see when invoking the protests (and that’s true for both sides of the aisle)

Agreed on all counts.  I’m not a fan of the “concert protests” from any side.  Pretty crappy thing to take part in IMO. 

Edited by BarleyNY