Limited tailgating vote tonight

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Got a credible citation that its not true?

That's not how it works and you know it.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Yep!  And pulling on that thread a little further, you can tailgate outdoors with distancing and masks pretty easily.  So there ya go.

Yes, a very good point. And one I'm not against, if you can ensure people will be wearing their masks properly and consistently. Are you confident that is what will happen at a Bills tailgate in OP?

Remind me, does NY/Erie County/Buffalo/OP have a mask mandate when in public? If so, that's an easy answer. Have the Sheriffs hand out fines for not wearing a mask.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's not how it works and you know it.

To say that even a majority of protestors wore masks at those protests flies in the face of reality. 

Im exaggerating a bit - I think its safe to say, however, a substantial percentage did not wear masks.

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

To say that even a majority of protestors wore masks at those protests flies in the face of reality. 

Around here at least, anecdotally, most of the daytime protestors at the pre-organized events were masked.

The nighttime "protestors," erm, not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Just now, LB3 said:

Don't believe your eyes.

01UNREST-GLOBAL-REACT1-mobileMasterAt3x.

gettyimages-1220013438_wide-d5c386dcc407

We can all post pics all day. JAHBH made the assertion. Back it up.

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes, a very good point. And one I'm not against, if you can ensure people will be wearing their masks properly and consistently. Are you confident that is what will happen at a Bills tailgate in OP?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

If you're afraid to go to a tailgate, stay home. Who are you to stop people from living life? 

3 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Don't believe your eyes.

01UNREST-GLOBAL-REACT1-mobileMasterAt3x.

If you count the people in this picture wearing masks vs. those who aren't you may find a majority are wearing masks.  Most of the ones not wearing masks have them pulled down around their chins. 

Another version.

Demonstrators marched in Berlin on Sunday to protest the death of George Floyd at the hands of police in Minneapolis.

Believe your eyes but check your math.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

? That we could. My favorite was the video of the protest in Chicago a month or so ago that turned into a dance off. Some good twerking!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

First, this isnt a court of law. There are no burdens.

Second, even a single picture demonstrating masks were not worn establishes the point - at least some (half was an unprovable assertion on my part, hence my edit) did not wear masks. There are thousands of pics on the internet right now conclusively showing tens of thousands of protestors did not wear masks at those rallies.

10 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Around here at least, anecdotally, most of the daytime protestors at the pre-organized events were masked.

The nighttime "protestors," erm, not so much.

I believe that

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If you count the people in this picture wearing masks vs. those who aren't you may find a majority are wearing masks.  Most of the ones not wearing masks have them pulled down around their chins. 

Another version.

Demonstrators marched in Berlin on Sunday to protest the death of George Floyd at the hands of police in Minneapolis.

Believe your eyes but check your math.

I count 14-15 in masks. Some aren't clear on my phone.

2 have masks on but their noses out.

9 without masks on.

I wouldn't count that as "most" wear masks. I also don't see social distancing.

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

First, this isnt a court of law. There are no burdens.

Second, even a single picture demonstrating masks were not worn establishes the point - at least some (half was an unprovable assertion on my part, hence my edit) did not wear masks. There are thousands of pics on the internet right now conclusively showing tens of thousands of protestors did not wear masks at those rallies.

So we went from all, to most, to half, to some, but then back to tens of thousands??   

Just now, LB3 said:

9 without masks on.

yep they’re packed in like sardines... at your traditional outdoor tailgate people don’t stand that close together by a long shot (unless it’s close to the Pinto Ron van for the ketchup and mustard ceremony or something).

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

So we went from all, to most, to half, to some, but then back to tens of thousands??   

I never said all. It didnt even occur to me that anyone would challenge that so many protestors were not wearing masks, so I didnt think precise language was needed. Frankly, the claim buggers belief. 

Was it tens of thousands? Obviously. Was it “most” or “half?” Well, now that we are splitting hairs over inconsequential details, I have to acknowledge I have no way of knowing the percentage. Thus, I backed away from those claims. Again, the exact percentage is inconsequential when its so obvious that a substantial number of people werent wearing masks.

Just now, LB3 said:

9 without masks on.

You wouldn't count a majority as most?  

4 of the 9 are wearing masks, but have them around their necks and chins.  Count that however you'd like.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/world/asia/george-floyd-protest-global.html