Limited tailgating vote tonight

BillsMafi$

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

You just watch in the parking lot. At LSU about half of the people at the tailgate never enter the game. You have 100,000 people watching from their tailgate setup.

Just talking about the Bills tailgating...why not just host a party in your backyard, if not going into the game?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

I see few issues with outdoor tailgating if only 20k are going to the game,..  you pretty much need to blow a lung at someone in a phone booth for a week to spread this thing through the air.. can't really spread in an windy outdoor environment

You seriously have to be kidding right?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just talking about the Bills tailgating...why not just host a party in your backyard, if not going into the game?

different energy level being in a sea of people — though I personally agree with you, especially now 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Seems to me that if this werent true, you would have seen a massive resurgence after the BLM rallies. But we didn’t. 

Well a fair number of those folks had masks on.....def no social distancing that's for sure especially for the non mask wearers but more than a large percentage had masks.....

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Same reason, just to be in that environment. 

FWIW, I’m not planning to go sit in a parking lot in OP. I just suspect that some people will and that’s the reasoning.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kwai San said:

Well a fair number of those folks had masks on.....def no social distancing that's for sure especially for the non mask wearers but more than a large percentage had masks.....

and I know it’s not popular but I’d also guess more cases than given credit for actually traced back to these events 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I’m not planning to go sit in a parking lot in OP. I just suspect that some people will and that’s the reasoning.

If hammer set up a huge screen, for instance, he would certainly be a draw still even for people not attending the game.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

All these schools that are bringing kids back are getting hit really bad. Everything is pointing to online learning. The Bills think they can bring back tailgating and allow 20k into the stadium without any issues? Good luck with that. The NFL will be extremely lucky just to get a half assed season off and now they are pushing the envelope with bringing  fans back. The second wave of this tidal wave will be hitting right as the NFL season starts, it should be interesting.

I'm terrified for my kids to go back to school next week. And it's a nice district that is 2 days in the building, limited attendance, and 3 days at home.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I hear you. Feels like a lot of places that pushed forward took big steps back shortly after. Tailgating seems an obvious red flag event. Not to say impossible but definitely would have worries about quickly losing tailgating and then some (like fans at games when contact tracing comes back to Sunday)

Based on what I’ve seen in places around the village, tailgating is a bad plan.  Compliance around here is bad enough without alcohol.  Adding booze to the mix is not going to be a good thing, particularly when we’re likely to have people from outside of at least OP and potentially outside of the area come here to engage in these practices.  

I also get that on some level we have to manage risk and trust adults to be adults.  But I live here, and as much as I really like the people who own some of these places (Byrd House and Fattey Beer Co., in particular), I just don’t think it’s a good plan. 

15 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm terrified for my kids to go back to school next week. And it's a nice district that is 2 days in the building, limited attendance, and 3 days at home.

I bet you don’t live in OP.  Try listening to those meetings.  Our “expert” pediatrician believes that the virus cannot be spread through surface contact (which begs the question why the district is adding a third shift of cleaners this year), and that the district “cannot” engage in temperature checks of incoming students.  With advice like that, it’s hard to have confidence in any element of the plan. 

Along those lines, is your district herding all attendees back to school at the same time?  Talk about another bad plan.  There’s no reason that every kid designated to attend school on the same day has to start school on the same day.  Never before have I seen a safety protocol and procedure tested in this way.  It’s nuts.  Kids (and teachers) are the subjects of a large-scale epidemiological study, and nobody seems to care. 

45 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They will.  And they won’t wear masks.  Just walk by any one of those places that wants to set up a tent on a weekend night.  They aren’t wearing masks now, that’s for sure.  I actually get flipped off for running with a mask on in OP.  It’s nuts. 

I’m for it, and I’d go.  

Im a religious mask wearer, who believes in social distancing when possible, but we also need to get back to somewhat of a normal.  

Cases are going to happen regardless of what we do.  Until there’s a vaccine, we have to learn to live with this.  

Look at Florida, Texas, Georgia and South Carolina.. These states are as open as can be right now, and certainly have their fair share of cases, but with a death rate of around 43 per 100k, this is not what we thought it was when the NE was getting hit initially.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m for it, and I’d go.  

Im a religious mask wearer, who believes in social distancing when possible, but we also need to get back to somewhat of a normal.  

Cases are going to happen regardless of what we do.  Until there’s a vaccine, we have to learn to live with this.  

Look at Florida, Texas, Georgia and South Carolina.. These states are as open as can be right now, and certainly have their fair share of cases, but with a death rate of around 43 per 100k, this is not what we thought it was when the NE was getting hit initially.  

I agree with you to a point.  We do have to return to normalcy.  But we can’t threaten stability.  And Bills Mafia tailgating all over town is precisely the type of event where social distancing and mask-wearing protocols are likely to be disregarded by order of Captain Morgan, Johnnie Walker, etc.  

The other thing that I’m worried about is the myopia regarding mortality rate.  Yes, the death rate is going down.  But there’s so much we don’t know about long-term effects (e.g., lung scarring) that I’m just reluctant to take the risk that tailgating entails. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Seems to me that if this werent true, you would have seen a massive resurgence after the BLM rallies. But we didn’t. 

I don’t think that there were 20k people at BLM rallies sharing a hundred or so port-a-potties.  Nor were most of them hammered - a time when the very best decision making usually happens.  

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out with students going back to school at all levels (elementary school to college). I hope it can work out for all involved. On a much less important note I wonder if there will be a Halloween this year. I can't see parents wanting to have their kids going around town ringing doorbells and getting candy from strangers this year.

42 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I bet you don’t live in OP.  Try listening to those meetings.  Our “expert” pediatrician believes that the virus cannot be spread through surface contact (which begs the question why the district is adding a third shift of cleaners this year), and that the district “cannot” engage in temperature checks of incoming students.  With advice like that, it’s hard to have confidence in any element of the plan. 

Along those lines, is your district herding all attendees back to school at the same time?  Talk about another bad plan.  There’s no reason that every kid designated to attend school on the same day has to start school on the same day.  Never before have I seen a safety protocol and procedure tested in this way.  It’s nuts.  Kids (and teachers) are the subjects of a large-scale epidemiological study, and nobody seems to care. 

I used to live in OP, live in Cincinnati since 1995. 

Kids are in a district that voted twice on what to do. The parents overwhelmingly voted no to either a 5-day schedule in school, or 100% online. So they have to figure out a second option, and here we are. 2 in, 3 out. It's the best in a bad situation, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out with students going back to school at all levels (elementary school to college). I hope it can work out for all involved. On a much less important note I wonder if there will be a Halloween this year. I can't see parents wanting to have their kids going around town ringing doorbells and getting candy from strangers this year.

AIN'T NO WAY I'm sending out my 10 year old for Halloween. I'll buy him all the candy he wants, but no way is he going out. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I used to live in OP, live in Cincinnati since 1995. 

Kids are in a district that voted twice on what to do. The parents overwhelmingly voted no to either a 5-day schedule in school, or 100% online. So they have to figure out a second option, and here we are. 2 in, 3 out. It's the best in a bad situation, in my opinion.

AIN'T NO WAY I'm sending out my 10 year old for Halloween. I'll buy him all the candy he wants, but no way is he going out. 

Exactly. I think many parents will do the same. Halloween won't be normal this year for sure. It's a shame because the kids especially the younger ones enjoy that day.

26 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t think that there were 20k people at BLM rallies sharing a hundred or so port-a-potties.  Nor were most of them hammered - a time when the very best decision making usually happens.  

I think the protests were a worthy cause and in no way am I criticizing them, but people are very disingenuous about explaining them away in regards to COVID.... Atlanta literally had a massive Travis Scott concert labeled as a “protest”.   A lot of people only seeing what they want to see when invoking the protests (and that’s true for both sides of the aisle)

Edited by SCBills

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I see few issues with outdoor tailgating if only 20k are going to the game,..  you pretty much need to blow a lung at someone in a phone booth for a week to spread this thing through the air.. can't really spread in an windy outdoor environment

literally not true at all, but thanks for playing. 

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think the protests were a worthy cause and in no way am I criticizing them, but people are very disingenuous about explaining them away in regards to COVID.... Atlanta literally had a massive Travis Scott concert labeled as a “protest”.   A lot of people only seeing what they want to see when invoking the protests (and that’s true for both sides of the aisle)

You got a link to that bold?