NBC shoot going on at Hammer's Lot

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If they had they would of invited the team as well.

The Commander of the Evil Empire would not miss a detail like that! He just might hack McD’s email and tell the team they have an unscheduled walk thru if this thing gets big enough.....More his style.  Possibly collaborating with the Russians. Or maybe Ernie Adams can get it done on his own. 

:)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

My office is open. In downtown Rochester, things are mostly back to normal, except everyone is wearing a mask. 

I still cant help but be taken aback every time I read a comment like this, in New York of all places, where the pandemic is all but over.

Not over, just contained...thanks to citizens being careful

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, boater said:

NYS casualty rate is well less than 1%, hardly a pandemic.

Don't drink the kool-aide.

I've been arguing against the fear mongering all along, but we ARE in a pandemic and social distancing is the one thing that indisputably works. Gathering for no reason is dumb.

1% death rate is not what determines a disease to be a pandemic.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, boater said:

You forgot that the majority happen in the city and thanks to good work by the peeps was contained pretty well in many areas.

Don't be so cocky like you know something. Wear your mask, wash your hands etc. Stay safe, help others.

• Like (+1) 2

I would say do NOT go.  Be afraid.  It'll keep you safe.

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

My office is open. In downtown Rochester, things are mostly back to normal, except everyone is wearing a mask. 

I still cant help but be taken aback every time I read a comment like this, in New York of all places, where the pandemic is all but over.

Define "over"?  I work in consulting and our office is remaining closed for at least 2 more months and many of my manufacturing clients are still at extremely reduced capacities (many laid off).  I would say we aren't even close to out of the woods yet.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Define "over"?  I work in consulting and our office is remaining closed for at least 2 more months and many of my manufacturing clients are still at extremely reduced capacities (many laid off).  I would say we aren't even close to out of the woods yet.

My wife works for a global company with over 50k employees and they have about 92% working remotely. They don’t expect much change any time in the next few months. Start putting huge groups like that back together and you are asking for trouble. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

My wife works for a global company with over 50k employees and they have about 92% working remotely. They don’t expect much change any time in the next few months. Start putting huge groups like that back together and you are asking for trouble. 

Agreed.  My office is local in Rochester but my company is global as well.  They had had a phased plan for re-opening planned for after July 4th...which became after Labor Day...which became late September...which now is "working from home indefinitely".  Crazy times, super inconvenient, but hopefully slows the spread.

32 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I imagine alot of that has to do with the ability to work remotely. Cumo’s EO technically states that if you are able to work remotely, you must do so. That is being sporadically complied with in the white color world, at least from what Ive seen in Rochester. As to the layoffs, every situation is different, but many of those are not necessarily a product of the dangers posed by the pandemic but rather the employment capacity of businesses. 

But as it pertains to the ability to go to work (for those offices that are open) go shopping, or go out to eat/go to the bar, things are ostensibly the same. With the glaring exception that you have to wear masks. 

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m in Atlanta and everything is basically open except movie theaters.  I live in a downtown area with a brewery and multiple bars...it’s packed every weekend.  

Georgia is top 5 in total cases and top 4 in new daily cases. Makes sense. Also top 10 in deaths, top 4 in new deaths.

1 hour ago, boater said:

The WHO (can't wait to hear how non-credible the WHO is) defines a pandemic as:

"A pandemic is defined as “an epidemic occurring worldwide, or over a very wide area, crossing international boundaries and usually affecting a large number of people”.

You saying it's not a pandemic because the NYS casualty rate (which is not really a thing..."casualty rate") is like saying it's not a pandemic because nobody in your household contracted the virus.

I would suggest you drink DIFFERENT kool-aide.

From Hammer himself: This is going to be a staged tailgate in the age of Covid. (distanced partying, etc.) Limited to 50 participants. It's going to be used by NBC to a do a comparison to old-style Hammer tailgates.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I've been working through this whole thing, also in Rochester. I understand people's fear, but at the same time I feel like, how long does everyone plan on doing this? I understand the masks, but for people's sanity, open everythjng back up