NBC shoot going on at Hammer's Lot

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

From Hammer himself: This is going to be a staged tailgate in the age of Covid. (distanced partying, etc.) Limited to 50 participants. It's going to be used by NBC to a do a comparison to old-style Hammer tailgates.

I spoke with him at length and he told me the same thing. Said the guy who tweeted it was wrong to say the more the merrier. The first 50 will take part, not a person more.

He said it will air the Saturday before the first game.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Georgia is top 5 in total cases and top 4 in new daily cases. Makes sense. Also top 10 in deaths, top 4 in new deaths.

So.........do you think this might possibly be related? 

There is a little pub nearby that has a nice outdoor covered patio and decent food. I thought it would be a nice open environment for lunch, only to get there and find they changed the policy (for some crazy reason) that you had to order inside at the bar. WHY? I go in to find a couple dozen middle age guys pounding beers and getting loud. It took me about 10-15 minutes to get my order in and get my drink. A runner brought the food out, so why couldn’t he just take my order outside the way he used to? 

I haven’t been back since. Common sense is not all that common.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife works for a global company with over 50k employees and they have about 92% working remotely. They don’t expect much change any time in the next few months. Start putting huge groups like that back together and you are asking for trouble. 

My company is also 50K+ nationwide and they decided they aren’t bringing people back to the office until January at the earliest, and that will be mostly managers with the rest in March. There are some essential employees going in now but it’s a small percentage. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

My company is also 50K+ nationwide and they decided they aren’t bringing people back to the office until January at the earliest, and that will be mostly managers with the rest in March. There are some essential employees going in now but it’s a small percentage. 

Yeah, when the first shut down came (March?), they said don’t even expect a word about this until September. She tells me now that has become January at the earliest. The good news is she’s not traveling constantly and living in NYC hotels and elsewhere several weeks per month. The better news is the world has realized all this travel (and related expense) really isn’t necessary. 

The bad news? Well, we won’t have frequent flyer miles galore, so we may have to pay to fly again when that becomes prudent again. 

The few people who do go in now have staggered shifts and generally only go in a couple days a week for essential activities. 

Crazy times!  Our son got married last Saturday. It was a mad scramble to do a “small church event” with the “big one” moved to 2021. They are not alone. They are late 20’s and have 6-7 wedding invitations on the refrigerator. ALL those people are being affected in the same way.  It will be a tale to tell the kids one day. It really couldn’t have turned out better if we had tried to plan it that way from scratch. 

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

it's not tailgating.....it's peaceful protesting

Protesting the opponent? I think you are OK with that. 

37 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, when the first shut down came (March?), they said don’t even expect a word about this until September. She tells me now that has become January at the earliest. The good news is she’s not traveling constantly and living in NYC hotels and elsewhere several weeks per month. The better news is the world has realized all this travel (and related expense) really isn’t necessary. 

The bad news? Well, we won’t have frequent flyer miles galore, so we may have to pay to fly again when that becomes prudent again. 

The few people who do go in now have staggered shifts and generally only go in a couple days a week for essential activities. 

Crazy times!  Our son got married last Saturday. It was a mad scramble to do a “small church event” with the “big one” moved to 2021. They are not alone. They are late 20’s and have 6-7 wedding invitations on the refrigerator. ALL those people are being affected in the same way.  It will be a tale to tell the kids one day. It really couldn’t have turned out better if we had tried to plan it that way from scratch. 

Protesting the opponent? I think you are OK with that. 

Awesome! Congrats

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The WHO (can't wait to hear how non-credible the WHO is) defines a pandemic as:

"A pandemic is defined as “an epidemic occurring worldwide, or over a very wide area, crossing international boundaries and usually affecting a large number of people”.

You saying it's not a pandemic because the NYS casualty rate (which is not really a thing..."casualty rate") is like saying it's not a pandemic because nobody in your household contracted the virus.

I would suggest you drink DIFFERENT kool-aide.

Although I agree Covid is a pandemic, the definition above would mean the common cold is a pandemic.  Something is obviously missing.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

From Hammer himself: This is going to be a staged tailgate in the age of Covid. (distanced partying, etc.) Limited to 50 participants. It's going to be used by NBC to a do a comparison to old-style Hammer tailgates.

Sounds depressing

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Although I agree Covid is a pandemic, the definition above would mean the common cold is a pandemic.  Something is obviously missing.

Agreed the common cold and COVID-19 are analogous.  As are headaches and COVID-19.  And upset tummies and COVID-19.  As are "bad days" and COVID-19.  Not sure what all the fuss is about.  We should all ignore it and live our lives as normal.

11 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

My office is open. In downtown Rochester, things are mostly back to normal, except everyone is wearing a mask. 

I still cant help but be taken aback every time I read a comment like this, in New York of all places, where the pandemic is all but over.

All but over?  New York State is still averaging more new Covid cases daily than the entire country of Canada, and we're not exactly encouraging large gatherings on the news over here on the polite side of the border.

I admit to loving the national attention an excellent team provides, but this has disaster written all over it. Especially so, when trying to convince the Gov’na to allow fans in the stands.

This is not likely the kind of attention I prefer, but I guess it’s gonna come with the territory.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Who is Ranting Ron?  His name has been coming up a lot online in Bills Twitter

Part of Trainwreck Sports. I just stopped paying attention to him when he started saying some questionable stuff about science or whatever. Seems like a knob. 

7 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Free Hydroxichloroquine to the first 100?

And when they run out of that, they’ll break out the oleandrin!  Everybody gets cured, and you’ll also receive a free pillow just for showing up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2