Bills working out punters - update - Edwards signed, Vedvik cut

YoloinOhio

I don't know much about punters, but Matt Bosher was ranked 3rd best IN THE LEAGUE by this website in 2019:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2512605-br-nfl-1000-top-32-punters

And it looks like Lachlan Edwards had significantly better stats than Bojo last year:

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-stats/punting

I'm all for replacing Bojo. He was extremely inconsistent and killed us sometimes. Punting is one of those things that you just expect to be good and is an easy fix. Bosher FTW?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

They have a "good enough" punter now imo in Kaare Vedvik PLUS he can do long kickoffs easily for touchbacks and could be an emergency long field goal kicker when Hauschka is out of range.

Vedvik has never punted in an actual NFL game.   Bojorquez is the incumbent and was one the three worst punters in the league last year.    If the Bills sign Edwards (Bosher is washed up) I would be surprised if doesnt end up the punter this year.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Vedvik has never punted in an actual NFL game.   Bojorquez is the incumbent and was one the three worst punters in the league last year.    If the Bills sign Edwards (Bosher is washed up) I would be surprised if doesnt end up the punter this year.

I know he has never punted in a "real" NFL game but he punted well in pre-season with the Ravens, better than Bojorquez.

With the strange COVID season if players have to sit out for a while Vedvik can punt or emergency kick.  You also have a consistent but weak legged veteran and a totally unproven rookie place kicker.  I love the versatility of Vedvik AND is we ride with Hauschka Vedvik can easily do the kickoffs for him and long field goal attempts.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I know he has never punted in a "real" NFL game but he punted well in pre-season with the Ravens, better than Bojorquez.

With the strange COVID season if players have to sit out for a while Vedvik can punt or emergency kick.  You also have a consistent but weak legged veteran and a totally unproven rookie place kicker.  I love the versatility of Vedvik AND is we ride with Hauschka Vedvik can easily do the kickoffs for him and long field goal attempts.

I see your point, just dont want to see the Bills keeping a punter thats only played in the preseason to supplement their aging kicker.  If Hauschka cant do his job he should lose it, bottom line.   

• Like (+1) 2