Scared how the season plays out

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

If that were to happen, I suppose the team with the best record would be the "SB champ".

Totally- how would all that work. I'd say with the way college football will be this year you almost can't even have a real draft. 

Even worse, they end up playing teams that wracked by Covid every week and keep winning juts by virtue of staying relatively healthy. Then we end up playing them for the division title the week Allen, Diggs, Singelterry and half the O-line gets ill and is out.

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I love your optimism, man.

?

well, last I heard, WNY has been great avoiding massive spread. This really is a community ‘thing’. I respect Cuomo and think he’s doing a fine job keeping NYers informed. But we all know Buffalo is a far cry from the Big Apple.

Yes, I’m hopeful. McBeane has delivered us from the evil we endured for a generation. We owe it to ourselves to be there for another memorable season!

1 minute ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Totally- how would all that work. I'd say with the way college football will be this year you almost can't even have a real draft. 

Even worse, they end up playing teams that wracked by Covid every week and keep winning juts by virtue of staying relatively healthy. Then we end up playing them for the division title the week Allen, Diggs, Singelterry and half the O-line gets ill and is out.

Agreed.  It's going to be such an odd year with so many variable.  I'm basically at the point where I'll take anything I can get...I wish desperately for a full season and playoffs, etc...but I'm going to try to just enjoy every minute of football (even if it's only camp) that I can.

Also, Is that a Maiden reference in your sig?  If so, noishe!

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

?

well, last I heard, WNY has been great avoiding massive spread. This really is a community ‘thing’. I respect Cuomo and think he’s doing a fine job keeping NYers informed. But we all know Buffalo is a far cry from the Big Apple.

Yes, I’m hopeful. McBeane has delivered us from the evil we endured for a generation. We owe it to ourselves to be there for another memorable season!

the numbers in western NY have been so good, too, that we “should” be able to have football games at some reduced attendance capacity with the proper precautions.  

But I’m thinking the powers-that-be at the local and state level are going to throw their hands up and say “ehh, too tough to figure out, let’s just default to no fans allowed”.

Also there’s the whole question of, do you allow fans to attend that are coming from areas where the numbers are still relatively high?

1 minute ago, DefenseWins said:

FEAR is what keeps you alive! It's why you look both ways before crossing the street. It's why you stay out of shark infested waters. 

No, that's called caution. Fear makes people do stupid things, or nothing at all.

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Agreed.  It's going to be such an odd year with so many variable.  I'm basically at the point where I'll take anything I can get...I wish desperately for a full season and playoffs, etc...but I'm going to try to just enjoy every minute of football (even if it's only camp) that I can.

Also, Is that a Maiden reference in your sig?  If so, noishe!

It is indeed- on of my favorite tunes by them. Good catch. 

Just now, SF Bills Fan said:

It is indeed- on of my favorite tunes by them. Good catch. 

Love Maiden.  My older brothers were very into them in the 80s and they got me into them in junior high and it stuck with me ever since.  One of the only metal bands where you can learn about history as well as rock out lol.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

the numbers in western NY have been so good, too, that we “should” be able to have football games at some reduced attendance capacity with the proper precautions.  

But I’m thinking the powers-that-be at the local and state level are going to throw their hands up and say “ehh, too tough to figure out, let’s just default to no fans allowed”.

Also there’s the whole question of, do you allow fans to attend that are coming from areas where the numbers are still relatively high?

Local STH’s ONLY. As it is, most wont be able to attend, but they (STHs) deserve 1st shot.

Is there any doubt that COVID will somehow fly the earth right into the sun just as the Bills are about to win the Super Bowl?

I mean, the Bills might actually be good again and a rando global pandemic shows up!?  TOO convenient.  I'm guessing The Cigarette Man had something to do with this one... :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Is there any doubt that COVID will somehow fly the earth right into the sun just as the Bills are about to win the Super Bowl?

I mean, the Bills might actually be good again and a rando global pandemic shows up!?  TOO convenient.  I'm guessing The Cigarette Man had something to do with this one... :beer:

If the earth is shot into the sun AS the Bills are winning the Super Bowl...and we all get to see them win it....I would take that deal.

• Awesome! (+1) 2