Go BOLD - 2020 NFL Bold Predictions

GunnerBill

NFL Wide:

-Houston and SF and Tampa miss playoffs

-Ravens make it only as a wild-card

-No "worst-to-first" division winners this year (first time in a while)

-No mid-season hiatus (which another poster says will happen).  Because all Qbs on playoff-caliber teams will go the extra mile to stay virus-free

Bills:

-Edmunds gets more DPOY votes that Tre.  (league tired of talking Tre up)

-"State Farm" will start at least 1 game

-Zack Moss will get more snaps than Singletary in the 2nd half (whatever that may be) of the season.

Edited by maddenboy
new evidence: Your honor, as the following video proves beyond doubt, Tre White IS the best CB in the league. So I withdraw my motion to have Edmunds get more DPOY votes than Tre. https://gamepass.nfl.com/category/nfl-game-pass-film-session

Here’s mine:

NFL:

1.       Saints will not make playoffs.

2.       One last placed team from NFC will win division, either Lions or Cardinals.

3.       Each team in AFC North will have at least 6 wins.

Bills:

1.       Will lose to Jets in opener but end up 12-4 or better, beating KC week 6 on the way and Pats twice.

2.       Ed Oliver will have 13+ sacks.

3.       Bills will have 5 players with 800+ scrimmage yards including Knox and offense will average 26+ points/game.

I don’t know if this belongs here or not. I’m WAY higher on Singletary than most of this board and WAY lower on Moss than most of this board. I don’t think the split ever falls below 70/30. Moss may get the red zone carries (although Motor scored 66 rushing TDs in 3 years at FAU). I say Singletary has north of 1,200 yards and Moss has about 1/2 of that.

NFL wide

• Tom Brady leads the Buccaneers to the playoffs and they have a top 5 offense
  • New England Patriots make the playoffs with a wild card berth
  • The New York Jets end up with no more than 5 wins
  • The Arizona Cardinals make it to the NFC championship game

Bills specific

• Josh Allen ends up with top 10 Passer Rating and Top 7 Overall yards gained
  • Bills defense ends up top 3 in turnovers forced and top 3 in yards allowed
  • Dawson Knox ends up with over 50 receptions and 700 yards receiving
  • Bills end up with 12-4 record, win the AFC East and makes it to the AFC championship game

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t know if this belongs here or not. I’m WAY higher on Singletary than most of this board and WAY lower on Moss than most of this board. I don’t think the split ever falls below 70/30. Moss may get the red zone carries (although Motor scored 66 rushing TDs in 3 years at FAU). I say Singletary has north of 1,200 yards and Moss has about 1/2 of that.

I am in complete agreement here. This board has a tendency to pump up certain rookies before they take a single NFL snap, and Moss is getting compared to Barry Sanders. I had reservations on his running style and questioned his transition to the NFL shortly after he was drafted, and was flamed. 

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2

NFL Wide:

1. Cam Newton will get injured early on - but the Patriots* will be more competitive than many fans think - because Jarret Stidham will turn out to be a competent rookie QB, however the Pats* will not qualify for the playoffs - just missing out on a wildcard spot - losing a tie breaker.

2. The Jets finish last in the AFC East - winning only 4 or 5 games - they will be able to keep games close, but "find a way to lose" most weeks.

3. The Bengals will be the most improved team in the AFC - finishing at 8 & 8.  

4. Robert Kraft will be found to have been on the flight logs to Epstein's "Pedophile Island" more times than Bill Clinton, but will not suffer any consequences by the league or legal authorities.

Bills Related:

1. The Bills will keep Tyler Bass over Stephen Hauska - but will wind up regretting it, due to inconsistent performance & we will be back in the market for a place kicker next year.

2. Josh Allen shows progressive improvement this year and earns his next contract with the Bills.   

3. The Bills O-line have trouble getting push in the run game - hampering our rushing performance. However, the continuity of the group helps to enormously improve our pass protection - leading to big years by Allen, Diggs, Brown, etc. through the air.  

4. Andre Roberts will return both a kick off & a punt back for touchdowns this season.

5. Trent Murphy will stay healthy & be our best pass rusher this year.

Edited by Bulldog

This has been fun to read and all very interesting.  A lot of what is wished to happen vs. what probably will happen.

So I’ll play along:

Bills

Moss, Singletary, Allen, and Yeldon Go for well over 2,000 yards, we’ll over.

Allen throws for 3500 yards.

Poyer and Tre tie for 6 picks each.

Epenesa late in the year has 5 sacks.

NFL

The Bucs, Saints, and Seahawks, 49ers, Vikings, Cowboys, and Cardinals all Make the playoffs in the NFC.

The Bills, Colts, KC, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, and Dolphins make the playoffs.

Lamar steps back in some part to McD figuring out how to defense against him.

Cam is benched by the end of the year.

Rivers has a reclamation year and leads the Colts to the South with the best O Line he’s ever had since entering the league.

This one is a wish.  BB is so humiliated with a 5-11 season, he gives it one more year, makes 7-9 and walks away after 2021.  Maybe a GM, but hands over the coaching to his OC so he has someone else to blame the creep.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeh been saying since draft day same, I’m with you on Moss. I think a lot of people here are going to be disappointed.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh been saying since draft day same, I’m with you on Moss. I think a lot of people here are going to be disappointed.

He just feels limited to me. I hope that I’m wrong. He’s a bruiser but doesn’t feel dynamic enough. He will be an upgrade to Gore but I don’t see how he takes touches from Motor. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He just feels limited to me. I hope that I’m wrong. He’s a bruiser but doesn’t feel dynamic enough. He will be an upgrade to Gore but I don’t see how he takes touches from Motor. 

Yeh I've never seen an RB get touted for his power and yet doesn't hit the hole on balance. 

Running over college DBS is one thing but vast majority of pro backs have to make hay between the tackles one way or another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh I've never seen an RB get touted for his power and yet doesn't hit the hole on balance. 

Running over college DBS is one thing but vast majority of pro backs have to make hay between the tackles one way or another.

Sammy Watkins used to bowl over people in college, also. It rarely translates to the NFL.

23 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Sammy Watkins used to bowl over people in college, also. It rarely translates to the NFL.

That was only because they were running away from the Advanced Reptilian and his flat earth beliefs.  They heard Sammy's church was 'badder' than the JWs, Joel Osteen, and Scientology all put together.  But I got news for them...

NFL

Aaron Rodgers has a great MVP type season and leads Packers to the NFC Championship game.

Colts win AFC South easily, as the Titans regress.

Falcons finally put it together and win the NFC South.

49'ers & Seahawks take a step back, Cardinals improve, but the Rams come out on top in the NFC West.

Broncos have another sub-par season, and Pat Bowlen fires John Elway.

Bills

Win the AFC East and make it to the AFC Championship game.