Dez Bryant to work out for the Ravens

Greg S

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I don't pay a lot of attention about other teams' moves, but if Bryant can play, he's perfect for Jackson. 

How so?  Not asking to be a jerk; I'm just interested in why you think this.

19 minutes ago, Plano said:

Ravens won't make the playoffs this year, you heard it here first!

I think they'll make the playoffs, but I think the division is going to be a dog fight this year with Pittsburgh. Ben has some nice weapons on that offense. A quality RB group lead by Conner, a good group of WR's (watch out for Claypool to make an impact year one), and they picked up Ebron to play TE who is just a year removed from a 66 rec for 750 yds with 13 TD campaign. Their defense was already stout and with Ben under Center the offense looks to have a bounce-back year as well. 

19 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think they'll make the playoffs, but I think the division is going to be a dog fight this year with Pittsburgh. Ben has some nice weapons on that offense. A quality RB group lead by Conner, a good group of WR's (watch out for Claypool to make an impact year one), and they picked up Ebron to play TE who is just a year removed from a 66 rec for 750 yds with 13 TD campaign. Their defense was already stout and with Ben under Center the offense looks to have a bounce-back year as well. 

Assuming Ben can stay healthy? He has had his fair share of injuries and getting older now. If he does stay healthy then I could another divisional battle between the Steelers and Ravens.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

How so?  Not asking to be a jerk; I'm just interested in why you think this.

Not speaking for Shaw, but I'd guess it's because he's a bigger WR (which Ravens don't currently have) who can make contested catches.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Not speaking for Shaw, but I'd guess it's because he's a bigger WR (which Ravens don't currently have) who can make contested catches.

Not speaking for Gungy, but that would be true regardless of the QB. Why specifically would that be a good fit for Lamar in particular? 

8 minutes ago, eball said:

1 minute ago, Westside Madness said:

Not speaking for Gungy, but that would be true regardless of the QB. Why specifically would that be a good fit for Lamar in particular? 

Westside Madness is correct.  Lamar Jackson doesn't generally throw to WRs.  Putting a high profile WR like Bryant or Brown on a team QBd by Lamar Jackson is just begging for drama/trouble.  Or lots of interceptions.  Pick your poison.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Westside Madness is correct.  Lamar Jackson doesn't generally throw to WRs.  Putting a high profile WR like Bryant or Brown on a team QBd by Lamar Jackson is just begging for drama/trouble.  Or lots of interceptions.  Pick your poison.

In fairness, who would he be throwing to?  Their TEs were used as WRs for the most part.  I’m not a Jackson fan (at all), but what he did last year leads me to conclude betting against him using a weapon isn’t real bright.

20 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

In fairness, who would he be throwing to?  Their TEs were used as WRs for the most part.  I’m not a Jackson fan (at all), but what he did last year leads me to conclude betting against him using a weapon isn’t real bright.

The vast majority of his targets were short passes over the middle.  He can't work the sidelines.  Don't get me wrong .. the kid had a PHENOMENAL year.  I just don't think it's sustainable and I don't think he's good enough to make a diva WR happy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The vast majority of his targets were short passes over the middle.  He can't work the sidelines.  Don't get me wrong .. the kid had a PHENOMENAL year.  I just don't think it's sustainable and I don't think he's good enough to make a diva WR happy.

He had worse receivers than Allen.  Besides Brown, who got hurt, they were a bottom 5 group.  

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He had worse receivers than Allen.  Besides Brown, who got hurt, they were a bottom 5 group.  

Looking at the stats last year, the Ravens were 30th in the league in dropped passes at 13 and Buffalo was number #2 at 26.   No one knows how good his wideouts were or werent because he only targeted them on 42% of his passes.   He did the same thing in college.  He likes to throw the seams because he isn't an anticipation thrower.   He had a great year, but defenses will adjust to him.