Is there any real training camp news?

CEN-CAL17

So the Bills have been together for roughly 2 weeks now.... I take it reporters are not allowed at the facilities? Is Chris Brown not even allowed to report?

We get interviews.... but what about oline rotations, how Oliver looks, how is Harrison looking. Does Josh Norman look good. How’s AJ Epenesa look.... I can go on and on.

I guess what I’m saying is there’s been no write ups, no video, no mention of anything and I need it lol.

Anyone else getting this feeling?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So the Bills have been together for roughly 2 weeks now.... I take it reporters are not allowed at the facilities? Is Chris Brown not even allowed to report?

We get interviews.... but what about oline rotations, how Oliver looks, how is Harrison looking. Does Josh Norman look good. How’s AJ Epenesa look.... I can go on and on.

I guess what I’m saying is there’s been no write ups, no video, no mention of anything and I need it lol.

Anyone else getting this feeling?

there's supposed to be some more stuff this week I guess.

I’ve been thinking the same thing, but contact drills don’t start until next week. With preseason games shut down, the entire process has slowed down. 

Even still, media coverage is limited, so I expect reporting to be weak 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I literally forgot it’s training camp.  Everything is so weird.  

I was someone who hated how much some fans overrated the meaning of camp.  Now, I miss it.  You never know what you have until it’s gone. 

Honestly, as much as I love when pre season football starts, I don't miss the total over reactions of fans when the bills arnt good in pre season. Camp always gets me excited for the season , but I really haven't missed it yet. Looking forward to the real season though very much 

• Like (+1) 1

So far it's been contact free walk throughs and conditioning work.  About the only impressions that can be gathered under those conditions are how mentally prepared players are, and it's only coaches who will know that.  Contact work in pads starting tomorrow will help, but the risk of injury rises correspondingly.  I don't think fans or media are going to be able to get much of an idea about how any of the position battles are going, and we can only hope that when the home opener arrives the team will be as well prepared as we're expecting.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I literally forgot it’s training camp.  Everything is so weird.  

I was someone who hated how much some fans overrated the meaning of camp.  Now, I miss it.  You never know what you have until it’s gone. 

Same here. With everything going on, I lose track of time and I often forget training camp has started. I think the first preseason games would have been this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe the rules on media reporting are different this year. I don't think they can report on formations or chart completion percentage or anything like that, and they can't report overheard conversations on the field. So it won't be the same reporting as previous years.

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Everyone always dogs the preseason but I really miss it. I want the most football possible. This sucks

Preseason always feels like such a tease compared to the real season but I agree.  Some preseason is better than no preseason. 

As people have already pointed out, pads come on tomorrow and the media is allowed in.

Based on the daily reports from other teams who have already entered this phase, there will be at least a few daily morsels of information.

I've been following the "Training camp updates" thread on Jet Nation forums. Gotta look in on the opposition. Spoiler alert: everyone on their team has soft tissue injuries, their WR corps is decimated, and they're all saying "calm down, it's only training camp". Fun times in Jersey.

I’ll be interested to see if Epenesa and Bam Johnson show enough to allow them to cut Murphy.

I wouldn’t advocate for cutting Murphy if it were not for next year’s bizarre cap situation. Between that and the need to sign White, Milano, and (soon enough, hopefully) Josh Allen, they could really use the money they’d be saving by cutting him. Strong play be Epenesa could allow it, in the same way that strong play by Singletary allowed them to cut Shady.

• Like (+1) 1