Drinkers, need your input

The Poojer

On 8/15/2020 at 10:00 PM, The Poojer said:

we're all 40's to 50's.  My question probably boils down to my concern that i am nor reacting like everyone else around me.  I tend to always have been like that.  Maybe i just subconsciously am able to control it.  It just has really started to hit me as odd.

and no, i don't think i am becoming cranky...i think i am still pretty accepting of the young sh*ts that walk among me

You just have to get used to the fact that this is the way you are. I am the same way, so I am more discerning with who I drink with.

32 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I enjoy how everyone here is the good drinker among the group of sloppy folks around them. 

either a fantastic self selection of participants or maybe less than perfect self awareness 

Ghjkmas youuus! I’s jus fiiines. 

If we subtracted from my post count those without a single beverage in me.......I’d drop a few digits, and probably a few pounds. 

What I will NOT do is have more than a couple drinks and drive, even over several hours. I would always Uber to dinner if that was going to be the case, but these days we very rarely even go out. 

On 8/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Alchemist beers are for tourists.  We put that brewery there, kinda like a bug zapper, to attract flat landers and keep them away from our better breweries ?

I hit them and Lawson's when I was in Vermont in July.  I had a couple other places I wanted to try but we didn't have time. Any suggestions for a flat lander who won't be back any time soon?

FWIW, I'm hoping my son's hockey schedule takes us close enough that I can get to Tree House and Trillium this year but I don't think Vermont is going to be in the cards until next summer.

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I hit them and Lawson's when I was in Vermont in July.  I had a couple other places I wanted to try but we didn't have time. Any suggestions for a flat lander who won't be back any time soon?

FWIW, I'm hoping my son's hockey schedule takes us close enough that I can get to Tree House and Trillium this year but I don't think Vermont is going to be in the cards until next summer.

Hill Farmstead definitely.  Fiddlehead in Shelburne.  14th Star in St Albans.  Foley Brothers in Brandon.  

Hill Farmstead, Edward, is my favorite beer.  They have a lot of other great offerings.  Really, there are so many good ones.  Zero Gravity in Burlington, Drop-In in Middlebury, Von Trapp in Stowe.  I recently heard that Frost Beer Works in Hinesburg is a good one. Haven’t tried their beer yet.

18 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hill Farmstead definitely.  Fiddlehead in Shelburne.  14th Star in St Albans.  Foley Brothers in Brandon.  

Hill Farmstead, Edward, is my favorite beer.  They have a lot of other great offerings.  Really, there are so many good ones.  Zero Gravity in Burlington, Drop-In in Middlebury, Von Trapp in Stowe.  I recently heard that Frost Beer Works in Hinesburg is a good one. Haven’t tried their beer yet.

Had some Foley and some Von Trapp

On 9/2/2020 at 9:39 PM, NoSaint said:

I enjoy how everyone here is the good drinker among the group of sloppy folks around them. 

either a fantastic self selection of participants or maybe less than perfect self awareness 

If you're drinking in public and are getting "sloppy", and are over the age of like 22, you should do some soul searching.