54 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is ......

• 1. Mark Gaughan
    • 2. Allen Wilson
    • 3. Leo Roth
    • 4. Sal Maiorana
    • 5. Chris Brown (Bills Digest)
    • 6. None of the above

It might be hard to top Gaughan's daily garbage when it comes to the Bills beat.

310563[/snapback]

the poll is forgetting john wawrow, the ap guy who covers the bills. he's the reason the boston globe often has better coverage of the bills than the WNY papers. mind you, he shouldn't be included in this poll - he's a good reporter.

the poll is forgetting john wawrow, the ap guy who covers the bills. he's the reason the boston globe often has better coverage of the bills than the WNY papers. mind you, he shouldn't be included in this poll - he's a good reporter.

310673[/snapback]

I put in a write in for pretty boy Mike Doser :D There's a Doser fan club around here somewhere that I haven't seen in awhile.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Bflo fans have a choice. here in Cincy, we (deservedly, I suppose) have only one - Mark Curnutte. :D

He's ok - relates the facts and keeps the editorialization to a minimum. He's an astute reporter, to his credit.

There is no sports Sunday paper "letters to the editors feature" like in the Bflo News.

It might be hard to top Gaughan's daily garbage when it comes to the Bills beat.

310563[/snapback]

Gaughan's 5 sentence article two weeks ago in the Sunday News about how JP Losman is young and mobile..........that set a new standard for excellence. The surprising thing to me though, is how influential the Buffalo News writers still are on the fan base when there are so many more ways to get info. When Gaughan wrote that little blurb the week of the Bengals game in 2002 about Takeo Spikes being a free agent-to-be, 10,000 ticket bearing Bills fans who didn't know Takeo from Tokyo immediately became Spike's biggest fans.

I read news not the mindless comments of a few very opinionated so-called Beat Reporters who seem to think they know all the goings on at One-Bills Drive. These idiots take the little snippets they hear while they are snooping around the complex. There thoughts and twists on the truth only develop into rumor and conjecture...nothing more than B.S.

the real shame is that some fans take there words like they were spoken directly from Ralph himself.

Gaughan was born with a silver spoon. I used to work for his father. He owned the big liquor store at the corner of Main and Transit out by Eastern Hills Mall. We used to have to dress up for the holidays in wacky costumes. Gaughan senior was richer than the Pope. He was a Washington lawyer and he kept the liquor store as a hobby. I learned a whole lot about very expensive wines while I worked the evening shift there. The night manager was a great guy named Ugene Uminski. So the kid got to pick his dream career as a sports writer and his father pulled the strings to get him a lifetime job at the news.

And that my dear friends .. is the way the world works.

Gaughan was born with a silver spoon.  I used to work for his father.  He owned the big liquor store at the corner of Main and Transit out by Eastern Hills Mall.  We used to have to dress up for the holidays in wacky costumes.  Gaughan senior was richer than the Pope.  He was a Washington lawyer and he kept the liquor store as a hobby.  I learned a whole lot about very expensive wines while I worked the evening shift there.  The night manager was a great guy named Ugene Uminski.  So the kid got to pick his dream career as a sports writer and his father pulled the strings to get him a lifetime job at the news. 

And that my dear friends .. is the way the world works.

311964[/snapback]

Hmm, I'd have thought Gaughan would have gone to a different school than Buffalo State if his dad was so well off. I'm not disrespecting Buff State, in fact I went there, but usually people with money send their kids to more "big name" universities.