Pete Carroll vs Greggo

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

It truly mystifies me how this talking fart balloon keeps getting job opportunities in the league

His defenses have been pretty good.  Otherwise he would have to be assistant linebacker coach like Rob Ryan.

It truly mystifies me how this talking fart balloon keeps getting job opportunities in the league

Edited by Billy Claude

He has cross hired so many people to intimidate GMs and HCs with his own version of 'Bountygate' that some team will always have room for him.  ?

55 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

His defenses have been pretty good

His defenses have been overrated for many years now. His claim to fame is the Titans defense of the late 90s and Bountygate. He’s on the back nine of his career and more douchey than ever. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t remember him being so easily hatable when he was in Buffalo...  his unintelligible diatribe on his masterful defensive scheme and complexity is ironic. 

That’s not how I remember it. As soon as he came in and dismantled the D because the prior year it was “only” number 2 ( his Titans D was 1 of course), then he started with his air horn routine, I was convinced he was a jerk.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

greggo has a point. he has made a name for himself as the ‘multiple’ defense guru while seattle plays the plain vanilla, albeit cover 3 defense. if adams can’t play at an elite level as a single safety like earl thomas did for them, it is going to be a long frustrating season for him.

the saving grace is that initial sound vibes outa seattle indicate they intend to also deploy adams near the los where he really shines

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Imagine trying to be optimistic about your football team when the owner is Woody Johnson, the offense is run by Adam Gase, and the defense is run by Gregg Williams.

Yuck.

Couldn't be me.

But it’s great having that shirt show as a competitor in the AFCE.

New England will move back this year, no one can recover from those problems at least this year, and I said before Miami in 1-3 years will be back to our big rival.  Good coaching, good infusion of talent this year, and if Tua is healthy will develop into a fantastic QB.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2020 at 1:06 PM, mushypeaches said:

Yep totally agree. I got into a debate recently with a couple of my friends who are diehard Jets fans. And I brought up Gase & how I wouldn't be surprised if Gregg becomes their HC at some point. And then i brought up Bountygate & they said how no team would make Gregg their HC after that scandal. Normally I would agree with that, but this is the Jets & that scandal happened when Gregg was a DC, and he's still getting jobs at that same job. He's still in front of the cameras talking to the media & acting like a face of the franchise.

If you do a crime at a certain position & then get hired multiple times after for the same position, how much of an issue can it really be, if he's still getting opportunities?

I personally would think no team would ever make Gregg their HC, but i would think that'd go the same for DC too & it hasn't.

Curious if any of you have any thoughts on the matter

19 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

greggo has a point. he has made a name for himself as the ‘multiple’ defense guru while seattle plays the plain vanilla, albeit cover 3 defense. if adams can’t play at an elite level as a single safety like earl thomas did for them, it is going to be a long frustrating season for him.

the saving grace is that initial sound vibes outa seattle indicate they intend to also deploy adams near the los where he really shines

Wink Martindale, Dean Pees, Bill Belichick?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

yoo-hoo old timer. those are not active DCs anymore no? FYI - Rex Ryan adds himself to that list as well.

Belichick is an active coach and Martindale is an active DC, Pees just retired this off-season I believe so has been active the whole time Gregg was supposedly establishing himself as the guru

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Belichick is an active coach and Martindale is an active DC, Pees just retired this off-season I believe so has been active the whole time Gregg was supposedly establishing himself as the guru

my bad. just saw pees and belichik before rushing to,post. did not see martindale.