kareem Hunt - Devin Singletary comparison from CBSsports.

This was a nice piece of comparison between Devin and kareem by cbssports

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-bills-running-back-devin-singletary-will-have-a-kareem-hunt-type-breakout-on-the-field-in-2020/

Interesting notes: "He became just the 11th first-year ball carrier over the past decade to eclipse 750 yards on the ground at more than 5.0 yards per carry."

"forced 36 missed tackles on his 151 attempts for Buffalo a season ago, good for a rate of 23.8%. Hunt forced 61 missed tackles on 272 rookie-season carries with the Chiefs, which equates to a rate of 22.4%"

Worth a quick read.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

This was a nice piece of comparison between Devin and kareem by cbssports

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-bills-running-back-devin-singletary-will-have-a-kareem-hunt-type-breakout-on-the-field-in-2020/

Interesting notes: "He became just the 11th first-year ball carrier over the past decade to eclipse 750 yards on the ground at more than 5.0 yards per carry."

"forced 36 missed tackles on his 151 attempts for Buffalo a season ago, good for a rate of 23.8%. Hunt forced 61 missed tackles on 272 rookie-season carries with the Chiefs, which equates to a rate of 22.4%"

Worth a quick read.

I love how they knew that they had to mention the Kareem Hunt type breakout will be ON the field and not off:lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

I see their point, but the Motor's running style with his dead stop jump cuts is nothing anyone else is doing at that level.

Not just effective, the most fun guy to watch run the ball in the whole league if you prefer the Barry Sanders style over the power guys like Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry etc.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Da webster guy said:

I see their point, but the Motor's running style with his dead stop jump cuts is nothing anyone else is doing at that level.

Not just effective, the most fun guy to watch run the ball in the whole league if you prefer the Barry Sanders style over the power guys like Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry etc.

His running mate can do very much the same, but is considered a power back by many who didn’t watch him.   Zach Moss is gonna wow the fans.  A guy that physically imposing shouldn’t be able to move the way he does.   One of the most exciting and severely underrated elements of the Buffalo Bills this year will be the ground game in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Barry Sanders was the best RB I ever saw .. playing for a horrible team ... poor guys talents were wasted. His moves were dirty.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, DFT said:

His running mate can do very much the same, but is considered a power back by many who didn’t watch him.   Zach Moss is gonna wow the fans.  A guy that physically imposing shouldn’t be able to move the way he does.   One of the most exciting and severely underrated elements of the Buffalo Bills this year will be the ground game in my opinion.

I really think both backs will have an excellent season as long as Daboll doesn't abandon the run like he did for stretches last year.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Barry Sanders was the best RB I ever saw .. playing for a horrible team ... poor guys talents were wasted. His moves were dirty.

Yup.  Would have easily been the leading rusher forever in NFL history if he had continued playing.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

yup Lions had the two greatest physical talents ever at their respective offensive positions (RB and WR) and wasted both

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting viewpoint from Sal a few weeks ago.  He said that Motor was close to breaking longer runs.  He was one player away in some cases.  If he’s right it’s great news because the knock on him was that he didn’t have the speed to bust a long run

I dont see the Singletary and Hunt comparison. 

If anything Moss is like Hunt as both are big physical backs who are also excellent at catching the ball. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1

I like Singletary, but I need to see him score.  Yards per carry is nice, but it’s not nearly as important if all your carries are between the twenties where yards are cheap.  Hunt had 11 TDs as a rookie.  He fumbled on his first career carry and then had around 600 touches without fumbling again.  If motor can hold onto the ball and find the endzone, he’s going to be a good one.

Also just saw that he had 41 targets in the passing game but only 5 catches for first downs.  Seems oddly low.

9 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Some of his moves should have been illegal.

37 minutes ago, Billl said:

I like Singletary, but I need to see him score.  Yards per carry is nice, but it’s not nearly as important if all your carries are between the twenties where yards are cheap.  Hunt had 11 TDs as a rookie.  He fumbled on his first career carry and then had around 600 touches without fumbling again.  If motor can hold onto the ball and find the endzone, he’s going to be a good one.

Also just saw that he had 41 targets in the passing game but only 5 catches for first downs.  Seems oddly low.

Seems like we get very conservative in the redzone. We call less passes and (don’t have data to back up) I think we used gore more because he fumbled less. The Coaches seem very scared of turnovers in redzone. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DFT said:

Truth.  

When healthy, Moss will make some people miss and he can run at a good pace too.   He’s not just a run into people guy.  I don’t know why people only mention his physicality.  Actually, Moss Kind of reminds me of Frank Gore w/the 49ers and Mark Ingram.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I really think both backs will have an excellent season as long as Daboll doesn't abandon the run like he did for stretches last year.

Honestly I think this year you can use the pass and play action to set up the run for some opponents and for others you run it down their throats. We should have the talent to do both now. Before it was always run first and every opponent knew it. Our play action should be killer this year! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Honestly I think this year you can use the pass and play action to set up the run for some opponents and for others you run it down their throats. We should have the talent to do both now. Before it was always run first and every opponent knew it. Our play action should be killer this year! 

It’s so Billsy that this year is probably the best year talent wise since the 90s and the season might be handicapped. So excited this year for the team. Play action is going to be so fun. Can’t wait. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s so Billsy that this year is probably the best year talent wise since the 90s and the season might be handicapped. So excited this year for the team. Play action is going to be so fun. Can’t wait. 

In general I don’t believe in Billsy, Bills bad luck, jinxed, etc. You make your own luck. Our management sucked for decades and therefore so did our team. Now we have a good team and we will make our own good luck. What happened 30 years ago doesn’t affect players that weren’t even born then, it’s just in our heads not theirs. They just know we win in Buffalo. So let’s get them in the mindset that we not only get to the playoffs but we contend for the Super Bowl every year. This year we can contend for a Super Bowl. It’s a reality once again and that is exciting! 

11 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

And he had sub 4.4 homerun breakaway speed. Unfortunately Devin does not have that 

Edited by DBilz2500

2 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

And he had sub 4.4 homerun breakaway speed. Unfortunately Devin does not have that 

I remember Conlan or Biscuit saying one time that they hated playing against him as they were worried they would pull a muscle trying to recover from his moves