George Kittle extension 5 yr/$75 mill

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

can you guess what knox's deal will look like in a few years? 25 mil per?

I can't guess until I see how he plays. He could be a star in a few years, out of the league, or anywhere in-between.

I was watching NFL Network, Michael Irvin (Not a fan) stated 15 mil Per was about right. Not top level WR money but a large enough increase from other TEs. I thought that made sense. Kelce, Ertz and maybe Waller should be extremely happy.

6 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I was watching NFL Network, Michael Irvin (Not a fan) stated 15 mil Per was about right. Not top level WR money but a large enough increase from other TEs. I thought that made sense. Kelce, Ertz and maybe Waller should be extremely happy.

Not Waller.  He signed for $8M/year through 2023.   Although he'll have to show that last year wasn't a fluke.

33 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

can you guess what knox's deal will look like in a few years? 25 mil per?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm looking forward to what Knox can do this season, and I think he is very capable of becoming a top notch TE in the league, but he needs to show that to us first.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Agreed. Not that Kittle hasn't earned it, but WOW!

Is this going to be the norm for contracts on TE's going forward?

It should be.  There are 25 WRs making at least $10,000,000.  Kelce is around the 30th-35th highest paid pass catcher.  That’s ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I’d rather have Kettle then a $20 million a year Amari Cooper 

I fully agree but Cooper played out the five years on his deal and wasn't franchise tagged (because of Dak) so he was able to fully test the free agency market. Whereas Kittle had one more year left on his rookie deal so his leverage was a bit more limited. So the comparison apples to apples to Cooper is a bit flawed because Cooper's deal was done with the maximum leverage possible. 

I don't have time to do the research now but for me to think its a good deal, I'd want to know what percentage of the cap his salary will be.

For example, when Tony Gonzales was at his peak..what percentage of the cap was his contract...or Antonio Gates in the prime of his career...vs what Kittle is going to be getting now.  If he is getting a similar percentage of the cap to those guys..then its worth it..if his cap hit is a higher percentage of the total cap...maybe not.

23 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't have time to do the research now but for me to think its a good deal, I'd want to know what percentage of the cap his salary will be.

For example, when Tony Gonzales was at his peak..what percentage of the cap was his contract...or Antonio Gates in the prime of his career...vs what Kittle is going to be getting now.  If he is getting a similar percentage of the cap to those guys..then its worth it..if his cap hit is a higher percentage of the total cap...maybe not.

You can't look at it that way.  You have to look at what percentage of the offense he is.