Bills benefit if schedule is changed...

Mij yllek

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That would suck. I hate the division format now. The schedule should be random 16 teams every year and top 6 by record make the playoffs. At worst it should be 3 division games and 13 others but still determine playoff teams by record not if they won't their division 

You're giving me a hard time?  This is the dumbest post I've seen on TBD since I joined. 

8 hours ago, Irv said:

I think that idea sounds nice but what if you randomly draw the top 16 teams in the league a couple years in a row and end up getting killed?   The NFL wants parity otherwise they would not have the worst team go first in the draft.  

A couple more thoughts:

1. I don’t like the fact that some teams are going to have fans and others like Buffalo are not.  It’s unfair advantage.
  2. Don't get too twisted up about this season.  It will be cancelled no later than week 2

I'd be fine with a set rotation of opponents. Im just tired of playing Jets,Dolphins, and Pats twice a year.  And it makes no sense to have a 9-7 or worsedivision winner make the playoffs over a 10-6 team that misses out on the wildcard and adding insult to injury host a playoff game. 

I'm not worried about this year.  The season will be canceled at some point.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:46 AM, eball said:

You play who’s in front of you.  I don’t concern myself with schedule strength projections and whatnot...we all know the NFL is “any given Sunday” and if you don’t prepare for the opponent in front of you you’ll get your asses kicked.  I guarantee you that’s how McDermott sees it too.

Copy that!

On 8/14/2020 at 4:15 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

This is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about. If something like this happened and it just so happened to end in our first championship. You’d better believe most football fans would consider this an asterisk year. 

If we won it all, I wouldn't care that its a so called asterisk year.  Frankly, I think it's going to end up being one unless, like a miracle, covid  just disappears ?.   It could be a nice tune up for the year after, with no asterisk involved.