Bills benefit if schedule is changed...

Mij yllek

Yep. Any schedule change to cancel out of conference or to prioritise division games helps us. Critically we are also helped by having our easier stretch early. Cos I think there is a chance they abandon the regular season before the end and just take the standings as they are. 

• Like (+1) 1

You play who’s in front of you.  I don’t concern myself with schedule strength projections and whatnot...we all know the NFL is “any given Sunday” and if you don’t prepare for the opponent in front of you you’ll get your asses kicked.  I guarantee you that’s how McDermott sees it too.

• Like (+1) 7

Not sure what difference the anyone thinks any of this would make. They don’t drive to road games, no matter where you play them (except intracity in NY and LA). So you’ll always be on a chartered plane. You’ll always stay in a hotel. You’ll always take a bus to and from the stadium. The only way to have a real Covid risk aversion strategy is to quarantine the entire league in one area and play all of the games inside that ‘bubble’....which is totally impractical for a league with as many teams and as large of rosters as the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t see the benefit to have 12 games as the owners and players want the $.  From a football standpoint, I want them to play these games as we will be battle hardened come playoff time.  I’d rather go 10-6 and Go deep in the playoffs, 8-4 and lose in the playoffs early.  I’m not saying either will happen, just making the case whoever we face in the playoffs, we will be better off if we’ve already faced the Seahawks, 49ers, and Cardinals (I expect them to be better).  I’m not confident the Rams will be improved this year.

Is almost a moot point though as I expect a full season, or not that anyone wants to hear it, but if games are cancelled it will be so bad with positive tests or illnesses they cancel the season.  I don’t think that will happen, but anything is possible.  With all of the precautions the NFL is taking I seriously doubt they cancel.

10 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Actually hope this doesn't happen but if it does we would really benefit (with no NFC WEST)!  Go Bills!!

No way !!!   I want to see how we stock up against teams like the 49’ers and the Chiefs  only way to get respect is to beat the BEST !! 

Goooo Bills !!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RiotAct said:

even the Cardinals aren’t going to be too bad this season.  I think Kyler might be the real deal .

You definitely don't want to be chasing him all over the field he is like a waterbug ;)

Well, I want the 16 games, but I expect now since the only conferences I know are playing as of today is the ACC and SEC.  I think the Big 12 haven’t made a final decision, but I could be wrong.  Given that, we could have the NFL five days a week.  Given the cabin fever a lot of us have it probably would be a nice distraction.  I suspect even us hardcore NFL fans if that happens will be over the NFL by mid February.

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That would suck. I hate the division format now. The schedule should be random 16 teams every year and top 6 by record make the playoffs. At worst it should be 3 division games and 13 others but still determine playoff teams by record not if they won't their division 

I think that idea sounds nice but what if you randomly draw the top 16 teams in the league a couple years in a row and end up getting killed?   The NFL wants parity otherwise they would not have the worst team go first in the draft.  

A couple more thoughts:

1. I don’t like the fact that some teams are going to have fans and others like Buffalo are not.  It’s unfair advantage.
  2. Don't get too twisted up about this season.  It will be cancelled no later than week 2

Edited by Irv

On 8/13/2020 at 6:40 AM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You know, this makes perfect sense and all, but this is supposed to be "our year."  Maybe not to go all the way, but to see what this team really is. The year JA takes that next step, etc. I'd sort of prefer the tougher competition. 

Yea- I’m sure the pats hated beating up on us and having home field in the playoffs for 20 years. 

just go win. 

39 minutes ago, Irv said:

I think that idea sounds nice but what if you randomly draw the top 16 teams in the league a couple years in a row and end up getting killed?   The NFL wants parity otherwise they would not have the worst team go first in the draft.  

A couple more thoughts:

1. I don’t like the fact that some teams are going to have fans and others like Buffalo are not.  It’s unfair advantage.
  2. Don't get too twisted up about this season.  It will be cancelled no later than week 2

I disagree with quite literally all of your points.  

• Like (+1) 2