Cowboys “plan on playing their games in front of fans” this season

RiotAct

So basically Jerry just said he will do whatever the politicians say they have to do. So the “hell yeah” crowd love him because they think he is a rebel. In reality he knows he is talking with zero control or accountability because if the governor or mayors say no he has no choice but to comply anyway. He just wants to act like he is in control .  

Why would anyone think Jerry Jones could tell his state elected officials that he will defy their mandates? He can’t. He’s just walking around like a peacock because he wants to be important. 

6 hours ago, Locomark said:

So basically Jerry just said he will do whatever the politicians say they have to do. So the “hell yeah” crowd love him because they think he is a rebel. In reality he knows he is talking with zero control or accountability because if the governor or mayors say no he has no choice but to comply anyway. He just wants to act like he is in control .  

Why would anyone think Jerry Jones could tell his state elected officials that he will defy their mandates? He can’t. He’s just walking around like a peacock because he wants to be important. 

Louie Gohmert will do the opening day coin toss? 

17 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

It blows my mind that we are a month away from the season and Washington doesnt have a name.

the rebranding exercise is massive.  will take months to get it all worked out, get merchandise produced, design , keep confidential and trademark all the logos and other visuals.  really massive , 10s of milliions of $$ to get it done properly

12 hours ago, vincec said:

He’d be lucky to get 10,000 fans a game showing up. But I guess that’s better than nothing.

if everyone wears a mask (give em out on the way in ) ,no concessions, people sit in every other row and social distance and the attendance is limited to that which the toilets can handle without them getting packed (with ushers to minimize the number of fans in them and in any section of the stadium at any time) I can see how it can work.   It is working in Europe with pro tennis and other sports albeit at a much smaller scale.   

And the fatties and sickies and old people (like me) need to have brains enough to stay home.  I can see 10,000+ people in the lower bowl of the Ralph under those conditions with little problem.

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Doc said:

I have to believe that getting fans to come out is gonna be a tough sell.  Stay safe at home and watch it just fine on TV...or pay a ton to go to the games and risk getting sick?

You’re joking right? You think 100% of Local Dallas Cowboy fans are afraid of getting sick? a third of the country thinks it is a hoax, and Texas is a red state 

• Like (+1) 2

Jones is going to do whatever the Dallas Governor and their state legislature allows.  I still think these states will cave eventually especially if things get worse and cancel all fans.

Oh, and I’m not saying they should cancel all fans, just that it’s likely and then there is Goodell potentially doing that as a league decision if owners agree.

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’re joking right? You think 100% of Local Dallas Cowboy fans are afraid of getting sick? a third of the country thinks it is a hoax, and Texas is a red state 

If given the opportunity, I would fly to Buffalo from Colorado and catch a game without a shadow of a doubt!  I have no problem sitting one row away from another fan or group; more space to spread out and cheer without feeling cramped.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

good for Jerruh. never really cared for the man but i'm glad at least one of the owners has the balls to do what's right.

At the risk of this turning into a Covid debate and having yet another thread closed because of it. Could you explain exactly what makes this “right?” As they say, “asking for a friend.”

18 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Took the nephews to see the Globetrotters a few years ago. Was severely disappointed to learn that the opponent is no longer the Generals.

Well that’s what happens when a teams record is 0-12,345,789.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

Well that’s what happens when a teams record is 0-12,345,789.

They actually beat the Globetrotters once, in 1971.

From what I read up on, Generals were a totally separate franchise from The Globetrotters, and they would field a pretty legit team. It was kinda like WWF, as in yes the ‘ending’ and some of the ‘theatrics’ were scripted, but for the most part the games were really being played in between those moments.

Washington Generals accidentally went “off script” one game in 1971 and the clock ran out while they were ahead. Whoops!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Another all mighty know-it-all that thinks his opinion is the only true one and others are all stupid idiots? We can be in disagreement with a lot of the restrictions, think Covid is NOT the apocalypse, while still thinking it IS real and NOT an hoax. One can think that since we are stuck with that damn virus for years, but for people under 60 with no co-morbidity it is not this death machine, that it might be time to come back to normal. That all the restrictions cause more issues to our society overall than the virus itself ever could. That the original goal line for restrictions was to not overload hospitals, not thinking we could get rid of it. It does not mean a different opinion is moronic and I and others think it's "an hoax".

If they can have fans back, good. If not, what Jerry wants is irrelevant. He doesn't override his State's policies. But why wouldn't he want that?

3 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

They actually beat the Globetrotters once, in 1971.

From what I read up on, Generals were a totally separate franchise from The Globetrotters, and they would field a pretty legit team. It was kinda like WWF, as in yes the ‘ending’ and some of the ‘theatrics’ were scripted, but for the most part the games were really being played in between those moments.

Washington Generals accidentally went “off script” one game in 1971 and the clock ran out while they were ahead. Whoops!

1-12,345,789 happy now?

16 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Another all mighty know-it-all that thinks his opinion is the only true one and others are all stupid idiots? We can be in disagreement with a lot of the restrictions, think Covid is NOT the apocalypse, while still thinking it IS real and NOT an hoax. One can think that since we are stuck with that damn virus for years, but for people under 60 with no co-morbidity it is not this death machine, that it might be time to come back to normal. That all the restrictions cause more issues to our society overall than the virus itself ever could. That the original goal line for restrictions was to not overload hospitals, not thinking we could get rid of it. It does not mean a different opinion is moronic and I and others think it's "an hoax".

If they can have fans back, good. If not, what Jerry wants is irrelevant. He doesn't override his State's policies. But why wouldn't he want that?

yeah the moving of the goalposts for success from "flattening the curve" of hospitalizations to stopping the virus is what gets me the most.  people need to be smart and make good safe choices, one by one.  any i think people are doing that for the most part, so I am optimistic.  Texas has totally flattened the hospitalization curve , whatever Abbott is doing is working and Jerruh is just moving with the positive trend there.  

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Ok so then you agree that if permitted it won’t be hard for Dallas to put fans in seats then ? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

On 8/14/2020 at 7:33 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok so then you agree that if permitted it won’t be hard for Dallas to put fans in seats then ? 

If permitted, probably not. My guess is a very significant number of the regulars will NOT show up... but they'll still sell their tickets so it would all balance out.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:44 PM, ProcessTruster said:

yeah the moving of the goalposts for success from "flattening the curve" of hospitalizations to stopping the virus is what gets me the most.  people need to be smart and make good safe choices, one by one.  any i think people are doing that for the most part, so I am optimistic.  Texas has totally flattened the hospitalization curve , whatever Abbott is doing is working and Jerruh is just moving with the positive trend there.  

When have we ever tried to eradicate completely a virus by shutting down? Like never. It makes zero sense. Testing, testing, and more testing is the key. As again, Covid is NOT a death machine for people under 60 with no-comorbidity, that's clear as day now. But must protect the vulnerable. It really sucks for them, but THEY should quarantine themselves, not the whole world. It should be mandatory testing for all personnel dealing with people at risks (hospitals, old folk homes, etc.) and super easy access to testing for those of us that want to see our elderly or frail family members and all. But come on, enough is enough of living in terror for this! 

When some college football teams had dozens of cases, how many of these players were truly sick? Was there even one case of a player severely stricken? I guess not as the media would have been all over it. I can only think of Von Miller who has been hit very hard. And by testing, these players have been quarantined and thus not infect people around them.

So... what's the end-of-the-world drama here? It is a serious issue, no hoax that's for sure, a  worldwide phenomena and not a local anti-Trump thing and whatnot, but those that live in fear and wants us to hole up, the NFL to end the season... wow. Get a grip. The stats are not THAT bad, at all. You see all others as dangerous threats to your health - and it won't stop for years! Fear has taken over your logical brains. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, Doc said:

I have to believe that getting fans to come out is gonna be a tough sell.  Stay safe at home and watch it just fine on TV...or pay a ton to go to the games and risk getting sick?

In Texas?  

Yeah, a real hard sell.

Anyway, the Cowboys aren't the only team expecting too have fans, are they?  The Dolphins aren't going to?  Falcons?  Browns/Bengals?

On 8/12/2020 at 4:42 PM, JohnNord said:

50% of 80,000 is around 40,000 which would be one of the largest indoor gatherings (I know they can retract the roof) in the US for quite some time 

Nice try!  

40,000 is exactly 50% of 80,000, I did the math!   You almost had me, but I remembered to carry the 0’s.  

Classic Nordo!!