Cowboys “plan on playing their games in front of fans” this season

RiotAct

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/12/cowboys-plan-to-play-all-their-games-in-front-of-fans/

Jones said the team will adhere to any local or state protocols regarding attendance and they don’t have a number of fans in mind at this point, but he said he thinks the size of the stadium and the number of suites make them capable of having people on hand while maintaining social distancing.

As of now, the state of Texas allows 50 percent capacity for sporting events. ...

good for Jerruh. never really cared for the man but i'm glad at least one of the owners has the balls to do what's right.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

holy ***** they don't?  it shouldn't, but that bothers me.

“World All-Stars”, if I remember correctly. Blah.

Also discovered there’s multiple Globetrotters teams that tour different regions instead of just the one real squad, and it definitely showed. So many bricks.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

It blows my mind that we are a month away from the season and Washington doesnt have a name.

I read an article that interviewed companies and groups involved with re-naming processes and the biggest take from this was don't rush into anything,  and that these types of processes typically take close to a year to decide on a name.  And if you do decide much faster than that, you probably didn't do a very good job of thinking through it carefully was what I got out of this article.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

It blows my mind that we are a month away from the season and Washington doesnt have a name.

So if for this year you saw a score that said Dallas XX  & Washington XX you would that upset ???

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

“World All-Stars”, if I remember correctly. Blah.

Also discovered there’s multiple Globetrotters teams that tour different regions instead of just the one real squad, and it definitely showed. So many bricks.

That is awful.

Meadowlark Lemon and Curly Neal are probably rolling over in their graves.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I have to believe that getting fans to come out is gonna be a tough sell.  Stay safe at home and watch it just fine on TV...or pay a ton to go to the games and risk getting sick?

He’d be lucky to get 10,000 fans a game showing up. But I guess that’s better than nothing.

Edited by vincec

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I have to believe that getting fans to come out is gonna be a tough sell.  Stay safe at home and watch it just fine on TV...or pay a ton to go to the games and risk getting sick?

you are forgetting about the ones that would pay double to attend just to prove a point.

There was an African American referee who announced a few years back, when the last time the race sensitivity thing came up with Wash,  who stated that throughout his career he had never used the pejorative on his microphone when announcing a call.  He had always said "The Washington Football Team".  Bad with names but built guy, made the gym quite a bit. 

There was also a writer a decade back who referred to the WFT as "The Potomac River Basin Indigenous Persons.". 

23 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

There was an African American referee who announced a few years back, when the last time the race sensitivity thing came up with Wash,  who stated that throughout his career he had never used the pejorative on his microphone when announcing a call.  He had always said "The Washington Football Team".  Bad with names but built guy, made the gym quite a bit. 

There was also a writer a decade back who referred to the WFT as "The Potomac River Basin Indigenous Persons.". 

Jerome Boger?

1 hour ago, vincec said:

He’d be lucky to get 10,000 fans a game showing up. But I guess that’s better than nothing.

It’s Texas... he’ll get however many fans state guidelines allow. 

fwiw, I would absolutely rock a mask and go to a game - especially in open aired stadiums. 

• Like (+1) 2