McDermott contract extension

Estro

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

In the least surprising development of the past twenty years, those two jokers hate  the move.

I'm not only SHOCKED, I'm APPALLED.

In the thread back in April talking about the Timmuh article, Scott was talking about letting the football people do their thing.  Well, they have.  CB didn't comment at all though.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You are the most sensitive human being on the board.  I make a perfectly reasonable post and Instead of countering it (because I’m much smarter than you and you can’t), you try to make it personal.  

You loved the Jauron extension.  You love the Fitz extension.  You love everything thing they do.  Which is fine,  you’re Easy money.  But you have no objectivity and are constantly wrong.  

And at no point have I once said he wasn’t a good coach. Stop being a soccer mom. 

Seriously.  You're a buffoon.  Did I call McD a top 5 coach?  Compare him to BB?  Say he has nothing to improve upon?  Of course not.  But anyone who doesn't recognize that locking up McD for the long term based upon what he has done in Buffalo is a great thing is (sorry @DC Tom) an idiot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To me the change on culture and attitude coming out of OBD is real.  The players seem to want to be there.  You don`t get the leaks and whispers and other nonsense that you got under Rex and Marrone and there seems to be a plan in place that is being followed.  That is an underrated and difficult accomplishment.

For that he earned the extension.  Whether the Bills take the next step will depend on whether Allen is really the man.   That is still a question to be answered.

Edited by Billy Claude
grammar

For the handful of ardent opposition to this move...why does it matter if it was done now...or done after this coming season?  It doesn't affect the salary cap and it really doesn't matter WHEN it happens.  I guess some people literally cannot be happy.  Must be fun at parties.

What a surprise that we have the usual crowd of posters unhappy with this. Because everything the Bills do is bad. They can't shift in their chair without these posters criticizing their butt placement.

Doesn't the constant, eternal criticisms get old?

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

For the handful of ardent opposition to this move...why does it matter if it was done now...or done after this coming season?  It doesn't affect the salary cap and it really doesn't matter WHEN it happens.  I guess some people literally cannot be happy.  Must be fun at parties.

They were holding out hope for McDermott to fall on his face and lose the team so they can shout from the roof tops "I told you so!".

• Like (+1) 1

What McDermott is doing in Buffalo is similar to what Parcells did with the Giants. They were horrible in the 70's/early 80's and in Parcells first year they went 3-12-1 in 1983. They improved to 9-7 in 84 and 10-6 in 85. Everything clicked in 1986 as they went 14-2 and beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl. Hope year 4 for McDermott ends the same way it did for Parcells.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What McDermott is doing in Buffalo is similar to what Parcells did with the Giants. They were horrible in the 70's/early 80's and in Parcells first year they went 3-12-1 in 1983. They improved to 9-7 in 84 and 10-6 in 85. Everything clicked in 1986 as they went 14-2 and beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl. Hope year 4 for McDermott ends the same way it did for Parcells.

Unfortunately you must also deal with the BPLODM -- the Bill Parcells Law Of Diminishing Returns.  Whenever he goes somewhere there is an immediate uptick, some period of success, and then a falloff before he silently exits.  Also, McD's style is nothing like Parcells'.

But I see where you're going with the turnaround angle.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I hope so, too. I wish Allen was going into his 8th season as an NFL QB like Simms was, though. 

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Unfortunately you must also deal with the BPLODM -- the Bill Parcells Law Of Diminishing Returns.  Whenever he goes somewhere there is an immediate uptick, some period of success, and then a falloff before he silently exits.  Also, McD's style is nothing like Parcells'.

But I see where you're going with the turnaround angle.

True different styles but the turnaround angle is very similar.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I hope so, too. I wish Allen was going into his 8th season as an NFL QB like Simms was, though. 

Even though the Bills D is very good I also they had a player as dominant as #56 was for the Giants.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You are the most sensitive human being on the board.  I make a perfectly reasonable post and Instead of countering it (because I’m much smarter than you and you can’t), you try to make it personal.  

You loved the Jauron extension.  You love the Fitz extension.  You love everything thing they do.  Which is fine,  you’re Easy money.  But you have no objectivity and are constantly wrong.  

And at no point have I once said he wasn’t a good coach. Stop being a soccer mom. 

So because the Jauron and Fitz extensions were bad, extending McDermott is bad too? Do I have that right?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

So because the Jauron and Fitz extensions were bad, extending McDermott is bad too? Do I have that right?

He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.  He's still on the "jilted girlfriend" level with the Bills, trying desperately to prove how little he needs them or cares.  Very Trumpian, too, in how he accuses others of doing things they haven't done but says them repeatedly so they seem to be fact.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Sean Mcdermott with the remaining 2 years left on his original contract. 

If we're SB contenders this season you can give him the mega extension after the season is over 

Here's the thing: why do you care?

It's not like his salary counts against the cap, or this deal is putting the team in a horrible corner if he bombs the next two years. If it doesn't work out, they fire him and eat the salary. But if you follow the current trajectory and the team moves on to do great things,  then you don't HAVE to worry about him leaving.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, eball said:

He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.  He's still on the "jilted girlfriend" level with the Bills, trying desperately to prove how little he needs them or cares.  Very Trumpian, too, in how he accuses others of doing things they haven't done but says them repeatedly so they seem to be fact.

"I miss her so much, BRO."

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Ralph is cheap.

AND.............Terry is NOT! I love that we are acting like a big time, top flight organization. It all starts at the top, and I love what I’m seeing top to bottom......a classy, professional team doing things the right way.

GO BILLS!