Hurry if You Want to Book a Blockbuster Pizza Night

Otherwise entitled, a 90's idea of a great party. We've shoveled some grief Blockbuster's way for passing up on buying Netflix for 50M, but I have to give it to them, Blockbuster's sole remaining brick/mortar store is doing what it can to tap into what is now a nostalgia type market only. Who's signing up? :D

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/craving-90s-last-remaining-blockbuster-video-store-hosting-sleepover/JLR4IPZD2JFCDG74BD2DBKSEGY/

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Otherwise entitled, a 90's idea of a great party. We've shoveled some grief Blockbuster's way for passing up on buying Netflix for 50M, but I have to give it to them, Blockbuster's sole remaining brick/mortar store is doing what it can to tap into what is now a nostalgia type market only. Who's signing up? :D

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/craving-90s-last-remaining-blockbuster-video-store-hosting-sleepover/JLR4IPZD2JFCDG74BD2DBKSEGY/

The one is Oregon?    Yeah, they have been doing gitchy stuff for s while to keep customers coming into the building  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The one is Oregon?    Yeah, they have been doing gitchy stuff for s while to keep customers coming into the building  

Can't blame them for trying--now they're basically a tourist destination and embracing that. 

https://apnews.com/e543db5476c749038435279edf2fd60f

• Like (+1) 1

My daughter has become a proud thrifty. I commend her for that. Im more of if you have the cash, do what feels good, type of guy. She is always so happy to show me her Goodwill goods. She showed up an hour ago so proud of the four DVDS she got for a dollar 25 each...

Wait for it...

We havent had an operating DVD Player for five years.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Didn't read this in the article but heard that they only rent to "locals."  If that's true, tourists need not apply.

I guess that’s ok so long as the locals are enough to keep you going—plus in this day and time it’d be hard to get tourists to come out anyway. But a pretty cool gimmick anyhow imho!

On 8/12/2020 at 8:50 PM, BUFFALOKIE said:

My daughter has become a proud thrifty. I commend her for that. Im more of if you have the cash, do what feels good, type of guy. She is always so happy to show me her Goodwill goods. She showed up an hour ago so proud of the four DVDS she got for a dollar 25 each...

Wait for it...

We havent had an operating DVD Player for five years.

That's a hoarder in training. Seeing bargains on stuff you don't really need and buying it anyways because "one of these days..."

• Haha (+1) 1