Toilet Paper and Paper Towel Questions

Irv

1.  If you see the toilet paper or paper towel roll getting dangerously low, do you use less just so you don't need to swap out a new roll?

2. Toilet paper/paper towel - pull from over the top or under the bottom...or doesn't matter? 

1. I trudge down the basement for two rolls from the paper towel stash. I then replace the almost used up roll, and place that almost used up roll with a little left on it plus the second big roll into the laundry room.  I figure I save one trip downstairs that way. I'd store the big packs of paper towels in the laundry room if I had the space, but alas, I do not. 

2. Under

Note: I'd fall over dead if Hubby replaced paper towels or toilet paper. I've seen him use napkins when there were no paper towels handy. Thankfully, he will get out a fresh toilet paper roll instead of using Kleenex, but he will leave it on the sink counter top instead of attaching it to the roll-holder.  I have no idea why attaching a toilet paper roll to the holder or why grabbing a roll of paper towels when he is down the basement is so difficult for him. ?‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

1. I trudge down the basement for two rolls from the paper towel stash. I then replace the almost used up roll, and place that almost used up roll with a little left on it plus the second big roll into the laundry room.  I figure I save one trip downstairs that way. I'd store the big packs of paper towels in the laundry room if I had the space, but alas, I do not. 

2. Under

Note: I'd fall over dead if Hubby replaced paper towels or toilet paper. I've seen him use napkins when there were no paper towels handy. Thankfully, he will get out a fresh toilet paper roll instead of using Kleenex, but he will leave it on the sink counter top instead of attaching it to the roll-holder.  I have no idea why attaching a toilet paper roll to the holder or why grabbing a roll of paper towels when he is down the basement is so difficult for him. ?‍♂️

I think the problem here may be that you are enabling this behavior? Take away the napkins next time and see what happens? :)

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I think the problem here may be that you are enabling this behavior? Take away the napkins next time and see what happens? :)

I shudder to think what he would use on a spill or dog puke if paper towels and napkins were unavailable. The rags are allllllllllllllll the way over there (like a whopping 20 feet away in the laundry room).  :censored:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Toilet paper: Over, always over. I'm not an animal, after all. ? Speaking of which, I know people with cats who have said that if they have it under, the cat sees it as fair game for play time. Thankfully, we have a dog.

Paper towels: Standing up, on a stand. We don't have an overhead mount.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought this was a new run on toilet paper thread.  I am relieved.

I do restock if looking low.  Try to check before setting up shop, but sometimes forget.  Paper towels?  Not as important, unless wings are for dinner.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

2. Under

I keep my PT/TP above the washer and dryer, which are adjacent to the kitchen.  I will also take a nearly empty roll and swap it out for a full one, saving the nearly empty one.

My paper towel holder is vertical.   I position the roll to pull from the right.

TP has to go over.

Toliet paper

Replace and put the almost finished roll on the back of the toilet for cleanup duty (and sometime to clean up doody).

In my current bathroom (and most bathrooms) over. In some bathrooms under works better though, in my experience.

Paper towels

Use them to the last towel. But get new roll ready nearby. Change them as soon as they are done.

I use a vertical dispenser, so no over/under issues.

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

2. Under

I have no idea why.  When I use up the toilet paper, I get another roll, and set it on its side, ontop of the old roll. It's as if I shut my brain off before the last step.

...every time my girlfriend is over, I walk into the bathroom and find that the roll is on the holder, as it should be.

This may be a strange guy/girl phenomenon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

You hate to lose a good shirt that way.......and there is NO WAY it will flush! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Irv said:

If you’re going number 2 right before you shower?   Wipe or not?  

Of course.

But I don't typically use a wet wipe to finish if I'm going right into the shower. 

BTW, seriously looking at getting a bidet.

Edited by The Dean

On 8/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, Irv said:

1.  If you see the toilet paper or paper towel roll getting dangerously low, do you use less just so you don't need to swap out a new roll?

2. Toilet paper/paper towel - pull from over the top or under the bottom...or doesn't matter? 

Neither. I take off the dangerously low roll   off toilet paper then put a new one on.   

It's over.

Then finish the dangerously low one.

The paper towel one is horizontal. I take off the dangerously low one and replace with a new.  Then finish that one. It too is over.