Toilet Paper and Paper Towel Questions

Irv

On 8/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, Irv said:

1.  If you see the toilet paper or paper towel roll getting dangerously low, do you use less just so you don't need to swap out a new roll?

2. Toilet paper/paper towel - pull from over the top or under the bottom...or doesn't matter? 

1.  My usage does not change. I swap out the roll.  I do this if it’s even close to running out as I do not want to be inconvenienced later (paper towels) and because I assume my teenagers would rather have crap on their asses rather than take 30 seconds to put on a new roll.

2. Over.  I’m not a monster.  That’s for TP, obviously.  For paper towels I have a stand holder that’s awesome.  I think it was recommended by America’s Test Kitchen.  Makes one handed tear offs easy.  

I never skimp on TP use, I always check the roll before I drop trow. ?

It’s like wings and blue cheese, Over the top, it’s what civilized people do ?

On 8/15/2020 at 6:09 PM, Nanker said:

Worst TP I ever encountered was in a hotel in Berlin. It was like the core roll but just thinner. 
Approximately 120 grit. :censored: ?

At SUNY Albany, in the mid 70s, the toilet paper was so bad, I swear it read Carborundum Coarse on the back.

On a related note, one summer during college I worked in a paper factory in Niagara Falls (Nitec, back then). I was lucky to work on the TP/Tissue paper machines. My buddy had a much tougher job working on the coated paper machines.

• Like (+1) 1