Hard Knocks: LA - Premiers tonight 8/11

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You know what my day needed? ***** Peterman highlights. 

Did someone summon me ? 

I’ll be watching. I watch every year. Really enjoyed the Raiders last year. Knock on wood if you’re with me. 

My first thought when I saw Hard Knocks premiere tonight was “I didn’t even know there had been a training camp.” I’ll definitely give it a shot, but with no preseason games and all the COVID precautions and uncertainty I’m not sure I’ll finish it. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

To answer my own question from the first post, I cared so much about this that I completely forgot I even made this thread and totally missed the premier last night. While sitting in front of the tv with nothing better to do. ?

Guess I'll catch it on the app tonight. But so far, the reviews here are about what I expected.

I don't know what was worse, listening to McVay's 20 watt bulb fiance or watching Anthony Lynn drop cigar ashes on the food he was grilling.  Best scene was the reaction of the Chargers' tight end when he was released!  "You've got to be f...in kidding me!"

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/11/2020 at 8:06 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

I honestly have loved Hard Knocks for so long.  Even when it isn't that good I am pretty cool with it.

I just hope this season they finally have some under dog stories about an un-drafted rookie trying to make the team, or a young veteran who is on the bubble and his career may be on the line, mixed in with the rich and successful veteran who is just trying to do his thing and get a Super Bowl ring, or a short little segment on quirky "character" type coaches.

:flirt:

I too have loved hard knocks since it’s debut.  And this year will be even more interesting IMO, seeing on the inside how teams are handling this pandemic.  

Loved the first episode.  My absolute favorite part of episode one was watching Ramsey not give into the media pushing him for a click bait quote about his contract.  Thought he was quite mature in his response.  

To me, this sheds a lot of light IMO in how media tries to shape the public perception of a player.  Ramsey has often put his foot in his mouth as a young cocky player having a lot of success.  No doubt about that.  At the end of the day, these players often start to mature and learn from these mistakes, but the media never wants that to happen and they want to keep pushing that narrative constantly.   

So major kudos for Ramsey taking a stand and not falling for it giving into the bait they were trying to ram (pun intended lol) down his throat.  Living in LA, all I’ve really heard is very high praise for him in the locker room as a teammate and a leader.  I know some people within the Rams organization too who have nothing but great things to say.  

Like Diggs...media is gonna probably try and get sound bites out of him at times because he voiced some stuff or posted some cryptic stuff while in Minnesota.  But sometimes, all that’s needed is a change of scenery for a player.  

As a hardcore Bills fan, and a Rams fan as my second team living in LA, I have given them both a clean slate on their new teams in terms of being “potential distractions” and everyone else should too IMO.  

Obviously if any of the old shenanigans start to resurface at any point, then of course it’s fair to continue to question their character again.  But I honestly don’t think either will be a problem with their respective new teams.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

On 8/11/2020 at 10:18 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Does anyone really care? Normally, I'd say no with these teams. But at this point of 2020, I'll take anything I can get.

Not really 

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You know what my day needed? ***** Peterman highlights. 

LOL    

Yolo....  Now, that was funny right there 

On 8/11/2020 at 10:45 AM, whatdrought said:

Boring QB’s, boring coaches, no real divas (except Ramsey whose just an idiot), no holdouts.

HBO must be thanking their lucky stars that they can spend 98% of each episode talking about covid. 

A Lynn said that had the Covid during filming   (ESPN) 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I too have loved hard knocks since it’s debut.  And this year will be even more interesting IMO, seeing on the inside how teams are handling this pandemic.  

Loved the first episode.  My absolute favorite part of episode one was watching Ramsey not give into the media pushing him for a click bait quote about his contract.  Thought he was quite mature in his response.  

To me, this sheds a lot of light IMO in how media tries to shape the public perception of a player.  Ramsey has often put his foot in his mouth as a young cocky player having a lot of success.  No doubt about that.  At the end of the day, these players often start to mature and learn from these mistakes, but the media never wants that to happen and they want to keep pushing that narrative constantly.   

So major kudos for Ramsey taking a stand and not falling for it giving into the bait they were trying to ram (pun intended lol) down his throat.  Living in LA, all I’ve really heard is very high praise for him in the locker room as a teammate and a leader.  I know some people within the Rams organization too who have nothing but great things to say.  

Like Diggs...media is gonna probably try and get sound bites out of him at times because he voiced some stuff or posted some cryptic stuff while in Minnesota.  But sometimes, all that’s needed is a change of scenery for a player.  

As a hardcore Bills fan, and a Rams fan as my second team living in LA, I have given them both a clean slate on their new teams in terms of being “potential distractions” and everyone else should too IMO.  

Obviously if any of the old shenanigans start to resurface at any point, then of course it’s fair to continue to question their character again.  But I honestly don’t think either will be a problem with their respective new teams.  

dawg, I upvoted you because I trust you and because when you got to talking about the episode I had to stop.  

I haven’t seen it yet! ??

✌️  Very much looking forward to it tonight.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

dawg, I upvoted you because I trust you and because when you got to talking about the episode I had to stop.  

I haven’t seen it yet! ??

✌️  Very much looking forward to it tonight.

My bad, didnt mean to include a *spoiler* ha.  

But yeah, I just love football and enjoy all the behind the scenes about the players, their lives, whats going on with the pandemic, how they are all handling it.  Based on this thread, seems others just want to see football plays only, which is fine and their preference.  But Hard Knocks for me has always been about so much more than "football" itself, and thoroughly enjoy the series and never find it boring.  

Honestly, one of my favorite parts of the overall series history is watching the coaches and how they each handle their teams.  And this year has two good ones as I very much like both HC's.  

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I thought it was kind of boring too. 

The best seasons are with the really dysfunctional teams, like the Bengals with Marvin and Chad and that random dude that would pop up out of nowhere to pull players aside and to tell them they've been cut or the Browns with Hue. Those were hilarious. 

The Browns with Hue and his giant ego vs Gregg and Todd Haley.... gold 

• Like (+1) 2

Call me a cynic but I wasn’t very impressed with Anthony Lynn. Seems like a nice guy but I didn’t see the big leader/motivator personality on episode 1. HC usually jump off the screen and he didn’t for me yet..we’ll see as the series progresses. 

Just watched it and it was really weak but I get they are basically filming guys waking around in shorts and participating in Zoom meetings.  Not their fault. 

I will keep watching as usual but I’m so sick of the Covid storyline in general.

As people have noted Anthony Lynn does not inspire me.  Thought the Bills may have made a mistake initially not keeping him as HC but now it is clear why they didn’t. 

3 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Just watched it and it was really weak but I get they are basically filming guys waking around in shorts and participating in Zoom meetings.  Not their fault. 

I will keep watching as usual but I’m so sick of the Covid storyline in general.

As people have noted Anthony Lynn does not inspire me.  Thought the Bills may have made a mistake initially not keeping him as HC but now it is clear why they didn’t. 

I'm yet to watch the first episode but I'm not as big on A Lynn as most. I'll be keen to see if that changes over the next few weeks of Hard Knocks. Also, McVay's stock has lowered since their Super Bowl loss. 

Jeff Fisher and Hue Jackson were disappointing during their stints on Hard Knocks. Where as Jon Gruden was a pleasant surprise. 

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

McVay's stock has lowered since their Super Bowl loss

Yeah, BB really undressed him in that one, but it’s difficult to say for sure whether Goff holds them back as well.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, BB really undressed him in that one, but it’s difficult to say for sure whether Goff holds them back as well.

True. Goff was horrendous in the SB and hasn't seemed to get over it. 

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

Call me a cynic but I wasn’t very impressed with Anthony Lynn. Seems like a nice guy but I didn’t see the big leader/motivator personality on episode 1. HC usually jump off the screen and he didn’t for me yet..we’ll see as the series progresses. 

3 hours ago, BritBill said:

I'm yet to watch the first episode but I'm not as big on A Lynn as most. I'll be keen to see if that changes over the next few weeks of Hard Knocks. Also, McVay's stock has lowered since their Super Bowl loss. 

Jeff Fisher and Hue Jackson were disappointing during their stints on Hard Knocks. Where as Jon Gruden was a pleasant surprise. 

While probably not the worst coach to ever be on Hard Knocks, the biggest on-screen dud that I can remember was Joe Philbin with the Dolphins.

I remember watching the first episode that season and saying "We're gonna stomp these guys twice a year", and sure enough...

Nice guy, tragic what happened with his son, but it was immediately evident he wouldnt be able to lead a room full of today's players.

I think Lynn is subdued and therefore boring on TV, but he's a little more respected by the players.

• Like (+1) 1