Hard Knocks: LA - Premiers tonight 8/11

I just watched. Here are my takes:

• Tyrod needs a haircut...I’ll never wish for anyone to fail but he’s just not a starting QB in the NFL
  • McVay seems like he’s too young to lead a team...but has a cool dog
  • A Lynn seems like boring TV but like he can lead men...the first Zoom call and the players reaction seemed to display that
  • Justin Herbert DESPERATELY needs a haircut
  • Covid response was interesting for about 30 seconds...and they felt the need to make it 15 minutes 
  • I’m not really high on the two teams for one show...seems as though it will minimize storylines 
  • Touched on social justice issues nicely
  • Andrew Vollert (tight end) needs help with handling rejection...he’s a child, not a professional 

I always like Hard Knocks but this version is definitively an outlier. I will keep watching, though. Thanks for starting the thread. 

I watched the first episode last night and based on that my original view of A Lynn might have been harsh.

When he was cutting the aggressive TE I thought he was getting ready for some fisticuffs. The way he stood up and looked the lad in the eye all the way through was good. 

Also, what is it about Sean McVay which gets on my nerves? I know he’s one of the younger coaches but it does come across like he’s trying to hard to be down with the kidz. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/11/2020 at 10:48 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

I just watched 2004 Florida State vs Virginia on ESPN last night, so my standards are pretty low right now. :D

I was watching NBA 2K games and cornhole tournaments on ESPN a few months ago.  We've come a long way.

• Haha (+1) 1

One of the best parts about Hard Knocks is the teams preparing for a preseason game and then actually seeing the game and the  associated behind the scenes stuff like the halftime time speech. 

This season will be very challenged to make it interesting with the lack of games.

Donald is a monster.   I wish he was a Bill. 

• Like (+1) 1