Hard Knocks: LA - Premiers tonight 8/11

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll be watching. Not to be negative but I think it will be boring. Wouldn’t miss it though. Tuhrod is a seasoned hard knocks vet by now 

Boring QB’s, boring coaches, no real divas (except Ramsey whose just an idiot), no holdouts.

HBO must be thanking their lucky stars that they can spend 98% of each episode talking about covid. 

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I stan for any football docu series.  But I have completely forgot training camps are going on.

side note, Last Chance U was disappointing.  The team and coach were too nice.  I miss The white guy from Compton and brawls.

I liked Last Chance U. Thought that was a bit more real JUCO than the other two places. Nice note to end on. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Boring QB’s, boring coaches, no real divas (except Ramsey whose just an idiot), no holdouts.

HBO must be thanking their lucky stars that they can spend 98% of each episode talking about covid. 

I just watched 2004 Florida State vs Virginia on ESPN last night, so my standards are pretty low right now. :D

• Haha (+1) 2

I honestly have loved Hard Knocks for so long.  Even when it isn't that good I am pretty cool with it.

I just hope this season they finally have some under dog stories about an un-drafted rookie trying to make the team, or a young veteran who is on the bubble and his career may be on the line, mixed in with the rich and successful veteran who is just trying to do his thing and get a Super Bowl ring, or a short little segment on quirky "character" type coaches.

:flirt:

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I honestly have loved Hard Knocks for so long.  Even when it isn't that good I am pretty cool with it.

I just hope this season they finally have some under dog stories about an un-drafted rookie trying to make the team, or a young veteran who is on the bubble and his career may be on the line, mixed in with the rich and successful veteran who is just trying to do his thing and get a Super Bowl ring, or a short little segment on quirky "character" type coaches.

:flirt:

Same. I watch every year. Seeing the way these billion-dollar organizations are run, and the inside conversations between coaches or coaches and GM, etc, will never stop being interesting to me.

I'm actually hoping they are able to find those same old tired storylines to get a bit of normalcy. If it's 60 min of how different players are dealing with COVID, I'm out.

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Just start re-watching sports movies on repeat. 

We are Marshall

Radio

Draft Day

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I don't know if I should lead with "Win just one for the Gipper", or "Hey Hanrahan, she's a d***!"

Start with the best:

12054123_693x924.jpg

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I didn’t know it premiers tonight. Thanks for sharing! 

I’ll definitely be watching. I watch every season of hard knocks. I look forward to it every year.

Ive been watching “all or nothing” recently on amazon. That’s another good series.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Just start re-watching sports movies on repeat. 

We are Marshall

Radio

Draft Day

Drought, don’t forget Remember the Titans for the 100th time, The Express, Brian’s Song, Little Giants, and that Christian one.  I don’t even remember the name, but it was fun to watch a long time ago.  Then there is always the Longest Yard (the real one not the farse by  Adam Sandler although admittedly saw that one too) and the iconic Replacements.

Honestly, I almost never watch Hard Knocks as I find reality shows if you can call it that as boring.  Give me a good Chicago PD, Blue Bloods, or Ray Donavan any day.  Have fun guys as you can probably keep this thread open and update each week.

I live in Los Angeles. I've tried to make one of these teams my "second team," but to no avail. But, I still enjoy this show, and I'll be interested also to see into the new SoFi stadium that has been destroying the 405 pass for the last couple years. It'll also be interesting to see the Covid-19 protocols at work.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll be watching. Not to be negative but I think it will be boring. Wouldn’t miss it though. Tuhrod is a seasoned hard knocks vet by now 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Joey Bosa, Cooper Kupp enough said...:wub: