At home tailgate week 1

Negan

56 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I always think of the Tom's owner lady from Tom & Jerry when i hear this song.

And there have been lots of plans in my circle of friends for tailgating when the season starts.  How else are you supposed to kick off a Superb Owl winning season?

“Is you is, or is you ain’t my baba”.  My favorite Tom and Jerry episode where Tom is in love with the female cat, and sings that song, playing the base.  I haven’t thought about that in multiple decades.  Thanks for the laugh.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Negan said:

Thinking about doing an artificial tailgate party week 1.

Sunday am, get my pop up tent up, some grilling, some tunes, and some cold adult beverages rolling.

Why not

I promise you won't be the only one in WNY doing this.  I'm sure it's going to be pretty common :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Why indeed? Plant the flag and make it happen! What will be on the menu & playlist? 

Garth, Friends in Low Places!

Bocephus (Hank jr)

My own way  to Rock,  Burton C

and so it goes....

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Negan said:

Thinking about doing an artificial tailgate party week 1.

Sunday am, get my pop up tent up, some grilling, some tunes, and some cold adult beverages rolling.

Why not

Sounds like a plan just be careful on how many you invite the powers that be might not be happy if you have a bunch of fans attend i would hate to start a go fund me because you didn't wear you r mask at you r own home and had to many people there ! 

Of course after the 3rd beer you know the mask is out .

Sounds like an excellent plan. Good work!

We normally make a little fuss about the opening Sunday and rustle up some American themed food and beer. Even better this year as we're in the process of renovating the back yard to have it 75% decked and 25% paved. Making the social area larger and installing some outdoor heating.

Just need to find a way to get the game on a large tv outside.

18 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This hasn’t been talked about much. -no, seriously! I know 20 some rows from the field will be tapped off & STH’s given credit for next year and some teams have already said ‘no fans’.  But Covid has been very well maintained in WNY to date. Seeing social media of friends & fam in the area behaving and interacting is a stark contrast to here in Florida. 

Its been proven sports can go on during a pandemic. Stay smart, stay safe WNY! We may be one of the very few teams who can judiciously put 25k+ fans in the Stadium..???

E0D9633B-B181-485C-BAFB-8F388531C604.jpeg

So use Trumps logic, 1 in 66 people in the country have tested positive so fill up the stadium and only 1000 people will test positive and 30 will die. They likely vote dems anyway. 

Or stop every 66th person from entering...?

9 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

So use Trumps logic, 1 in 66 people in the country have tested positive so fill up the stadium and only 1000 people will test positive and 30 will die. They likely vote dems anyway. 

Or stop every 66th person from entering...?

Take this stupidity to PPP.  

Me, I am well on my way planning for the "at-home opener".  Having a few friends over on the deck..  I am doing wings in the fryer and ribs and armadillo eggs in the smoker.  Maybe a packer if I can get my hands on one...  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Talking of tailgating, when we were over last September we were treated to some stunningly tasting Stromboli. Something we don't have in the UK. Please can anybody recommend a simple meat Stromboli recipe please? 

I've seen a few online but wonder if anybody knows better than the world wide web.

@plenzmd1 was it you who made this taste from the gods? 

Edited by BritBill

15 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i may drive the 8 hours, tailgate at @Hammered a Lot if Orchard Park lets him open, and watch the damn game in the lot with my nephews and friends

Poloncarz came out with a tweet over the weekend I believe that stated there are now only 25 hospilizations in Erie County now for COVID.  It is beyond common sense why they are not letting fans in at the Ralph this fall.  

• Like (+1) 4

20 hours ago, elijah said:

My family has been toying around with the idea of buying a projector for the first couple weeks while the weather is still nice. Sit outside with some friends and family, have a few drinks and grill in the fall weather. 

If you get a good speaker setup/ have good space for it you can do some movies under the stars as well which is always nice!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Talking of tailgating, when we were over last September we were treated to some stunningly tasting Stromboli. Something we don't have in the UK. Please can anybody recommend a simple meat Stromboli recipe please? 

I've seen a few online but wonder if anybody knows better than the world wide web.

@plenzmd1 was it you who made this taste from the gods? 

HOT POCKETS Pepperoni Pizza Frozen Sandwiches 2 ct. Box | Frozen Food With Mozzarella Cheese 9 oz.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

Poloncarz came out with a tweet over the weekend I believe that stated there are now only 25 hospilizations in Erie County now for COVID.  It is beyond common sense why they are not letting fans in at the Ralph this fall.  

Is this carved in stone? I haven’t seen or heard of this from the Bills (or Erie Co.) but I don’t live there anymore. 

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Is this carved in stone? I haven’t seen or heard of this from the Bills (or Erie Co.) but I don’t live there anymore. 

I think it is subject to change & I could see the second half of the season Cuomo letting fans in especially if the numbers keep going down.  He did come out last month and said no fans at sporting events.  

43 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Likely to be evaluated in the next week's. My guess is they have to prove to themselves that each team can keep the players safe...real tough job.

Many of the Euro soccer leagues did it but not 60 players and huge staffs. 

TV exposure more important than fans in the stands. $$$$ from tv would be at risk with 50,000 to 70,000 in the stands if spreading virus resulted.