At home tailgate week 1

Negan

8 minutes ago, Negan said:

Thinking about doing an artificial tailgate party week 1.

Sunday am, get my pop up tent up, some grilling, some tunes, and some cold adult beverages rolling.

Why not

As I haven't been to a live game in years, this is how I roll (minus the tent).  I usually play a few games of Super Tecmo Bowl and start with a few beers about 11 AM and listen to the pre-game show.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My family has been toying around with the idea of buying a projector for the first couple weeks while the weather is still nice. Sit outside with some friends and family, have a few drinks and grill in the fall weather. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This hasn’t been talked about much. -no, seriously! I know 20 some rows from the field will be tapped off & STH’s given credit for next year and some teams have already said ‘no fans’.  But Covid has been very well maintained in WNY to date. Seeing social media of friends & fam in the area behaving and interacting is a stark contrast to here in Florida. 

Its been proven sports can go on during a pandemic. Stay smart, stay safe WNY! We may be one of the very few teams who can judiciously put 25k+ fans in the Stadium..???

E0D9633B-B181-485C-BAFB-8F388531C604.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, teef said:

I’m going to have my neighbor blast Black Betty in the background to set the tone. 

Make sure they stumble over to your table uninvited at about 8am and yell “CAHMAAAAN I THOUGHT THERE WAS A FOOTBAAHHLL GAME TODDAYYY AYY-AYY-AYY-AYYYYY!!!”

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, teef said:

I’m going to have my neighbor blast Black Betty in the background to set the tone. 

Don't forget the warming fire inside the metal oil drum, a muddy grass field, shots of liquor at 9am, and a nice 25 MPH breeze. THEN you'll have replicated it perfectly.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This hasn’t been talked about much. -no, seriously! I know 20 some rows from the field will be tapped off & STH’s given credit for next year and some teams have already said ‘no fans’.  But Covid has been very well maintained in WNY to date. Seeing social media of friends & fam in the area behaving and interacting is a stark contrast to here in Florida. 

Its been proven sports can go on during a pandemic. Stay smart, stay safe WNY! We may be one of the very few teams who can judiciously put 25k+ fans in the Stadium..???

Yeah, I'm having a hard time computing living in fort lauderdale.

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Good point.  However, I give it approximately a 0.0% chance of fans being allowed at Bills home games at any point this year.

Hopefully soon the esteemed powers-that-be give us clear metrics for being able to open up widely-attended sporting events in NYS in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Thinking about doing an artificial tailgate party week 1.

Sunday am, get my pop up tent up, some grilling, some tunes, and some cold adult beverages rolling.

Why not

I call this Wednesday 

57 minutes ago, teef said:

African American Betty

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

African American Betty

1 hour ago, teef said:

this got a little chuckle.  

I always think of the Tom's owner lady from Tom & Jerry when i hear this song.

And there have been lots of plans in my circle of friends for tailgating when the season starts.  How else are you supposed to kick off a Superb Owl winning season?

• Like (+1) 2