John Brown with high praise for rookie WRs “Gabriel Davis playing all over the field”

YoloinOhio

Very excited about both of our rookie WRs and the unique skill sets they bring to our offense (Davis' size and vertical ability, Hodgins' size/agility/hands on down-and-distance routes). Loved the picks at the time and love them even more now. 

Our WR room being an actual strength of the team for the first time in over a decade should be a lot of fun. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, eball said:

Odd take.  I doubt seriously John Brown feels he needs to give any veteran WRs a "wakeup call."

Maybe jest wasn't the right word, (but was easier to spell)  over exaggeration may be a better term is what I think he was saying.  You hear it al lthe time in sports life, coaches, bosses, etc talking up people and takes above the level it really is  warranted.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Sooooo at the risk of being that overdramatic fan that reads too far into everything: those vets that don't know the playbook are Foster and Duke, right? 

Or good natured joking about himself and beasley that’ll be taken too seriously 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Just an unacceptable answer here from John Brown. He didn’t even answer the question and he had ample chance to explain what he’s helped the rookies with.

Sounds like more like the truth, what is wrong with it if he hasn't helped them at all? I mean is he supposed to lie?

Edited by matter2003

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Maybe jest wasn't the right word, (but was easier to spell)  over exaggeration may be a better term is what I think he was saying.  You hear it al lthe time in sports life, coaches, bosses, etc talking up people and takes above the level it really is  warranted.

This would make sense if Brown was talking up a rookie who plays a different position -- like, "wow, that AJ Epenesa looks like a beast and seems to be picking things up really quick."  The rooks Brown is praising could potentially take his job.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, I just saw your post and it was curious to me.  Great for us as fans if what he's saying is accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

This would make sense if Brown was talking up a rookie who plays a different position -- like, "wow, that AJ Epenesa looks like a beast and seems to be picking things up really quick."  The rooks Brown is praising could potentially take his job.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, I just saw your post and it was curious to me.  Great for us as fans if what he's saying is accurate.

I always give the young guns a heaping helping of praise if they are for real working. Often more than deserved but like to make folks feel good and not an ounce of insecurity in my own value 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Brown has a reputation about being all about the team. Josh tells a story about how he was apologizing for missing him on a throw and Smoke told him to look at the scoreboard and as long as we're winning he's happy. I believe he's happy that the rooks are stepping up and he's going to encourage them to keep it up. Gore did similar things with Motor last year. 

• Like (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I always give the young guns a heaping helping of praise if they are for real working. Often more than deserved but like to make folks feel good and not an ounce of insecurity in my own value 

You're right, it absolutely shows that Brown is not insecure.  I admire that sort of leadership as well.

• Like (+1) 2