John Brown with high praise for rookie WRs “Gabriel Davis playing all over the field”

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Diggs is 26. He hasn't even entered his prime yet

He's totally young for a wide receiver

He will be 27 in November, that being said he is in his prime and I think he can anchor the WR1 position for 3 to 4 seasons and still be productive for another 2 to 3 after that. But my main point was that he is someone who in 3 years might not have to much "prime" years left and might need a younger player to take the pressure off.

3 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

That isn't how it looked

From what I read thats how it came across to me... a good natured light hearted pat on the back for the rooks being prepared for camp, it’s a good sign those two youngsters are doing their best to grab the bull by the horns, as is said, they both have a steep road to get where they want to be. The writing is on the wall for all to see, Williams,  Foster, and Mckittric and the rooks competing to two spots, we shall see...

Go Bills!!!

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I look at Hodgins and I see a big tall wideout like KB that actually catches the ball

And then I go back to the film and I watch all those times Josh threw KB catchable balls that he DROPPED

I think IH has a place on this team

I am less convinced. He has a shot but I think he is likely a practice squad guy. 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:
2 hours ago, cwater10 said:

Unacceptable answer? Are you serious? Smoke is clearly demonstrating leadership here in calling out rookies for being ready and well prepared.  That IS just one way that he's helping them.  This should be obvious to all but the jaded.  Props to John Brown for showing how to lead as well...

lot of people missing the Marcel Louis-Jaques joke.

So I should take comfort in having company?  Damn..  Me 2 hours ago:  "why are Bills fans so miserable?"  Me walking my recyclables to the curb 10 minutes ago:  "Oh sh**, I think I've lost a few feet off the fastball....  I totally missed where FireChans was going there."  Well played FireChans and thanks for the gentle nudge from Warcoded.  Think I'll slide off to get ready for the big test...

person, man, woman, TV, camera.  wait....

person, woman, man, TV, camera.  cmon... one more try.  If I can do this, I'll be on Rushmore someday

person, woman, man, camera, TV...   SCORE!

Edited by cwater10
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

From what I read thats how it came across to me... a good natured light hearted pat on the back for the rooks being prepared for camp, it’s a good sign those two youngsters are doing their best to grab the bull by the horns, as is said, they both have a steep road to get where they want to be. The writing is on the wall for all to see, Williams,  Foster, and Mckittric and the rooks competing to two spots, we shall see...

Go Bills!!!

You are confused......You need to always look to say something negative.  If need be, make it up.

31 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

You are confused......You need to always look to say something negative.  If need be, make it up.

Thank you, aren’t we all, ?

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

At the end of it.  I am going to say I think Hodgins will be the Gem out of these two WRs.  And I like Davis as well, I just think there is more upside with Hodgins

The most exciting thing to me about Smoke's comments was that Davis is running the whole route tree.  Versatility, baby -- if every receiver can run every route the D can't "sit" on anything in particular based solely upon personnel.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This was supposed to be a VERY strong WR draft......dont be suprised if the bills hit on TWO WR's

With Smoke and Cole coming up to the end of their contracts soon.....this is important

This was why I was hoping that the Bills would draft two WR's this year.

Some people thought it would be a waste of draft picks. Saying why would we want two rookie receivers who would be fighting for the #5 & 6 spots?

Also, since we traded for Diggs we were already set at WR. 

Hearing Brown's comments is very encouraging. Big picture, people. GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Some people thought it would be a waste of draft picks. Saying why would we want two rookie receivers who would be fighting for the #5 & 6 spots?

Also, since we traded for Diggs we were already set at WR. 

Hearing Brown's comments is very encouraging. Big picture, people. GO BILLS!!!

In my mind we actually drafted 3 wide outs because we gave a 1st for Diggs......we really invested in WR this year which was smart.

I honestly dont expect IH to just be a throw away pick.....he may very well end up on the practice squad but I think he is going to be playing for us at some point

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I was reckoning it would happen because there were Round 2/3 type receivers available in Rounds 4-6. Extraordinarily deep receiver draft.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Good to hear. I would think both have a shot to make the roster or possibly protected on the practice squad.

I’m really hoping they both make the roster. I think there’s too good a chance of losing Hodgins (and of course Davis as well) if we try to get them on the practice squad. They still must clear waivers and even if they do they can only be protected part of each week. Although it may be unlikely, I’m hoping Beane can trade Foster, Williams or McKenzie for a late round draft pick. Green Bay needs receivers. Would they trade instead of risking them signing elsewhere?

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Just an unacceptable answer here from John Brown. He didn’t even answer the question and he had ample chance to explain what he’s helped the rookies with.

It's interesting that you think so. Particularly as Smoke's answer, unlike some others, has detail, life and clear commitment, not to mention new info. It's not just undetailed boilerplate, despite being about s subject that doesn't call into question anyone's deepest beliefs.

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's interesting that you think so. Particularly as Smoke's answer, unlike some others, has detail, life and clear commitment, not to mention new info. It's not just undetailed boilerplate, despite being about s subject that doesn't call into question anyone's deepest beliefs.

What’s interesting is your inability to recognize a joke. Well maybe not interesting. I’m sure I’ll think of a word.

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I’m really hoping they both make the roster. I think there’s too good a chance of losing Hodgins (and of course Davis as well) if we try to get them on the practice squad. They still must clear waivers and even if they do they can only be protected part of each week. Although it may be unlikely, I’m hoping Beane can trade Foster, Williams or McKenzie for a late round draft pick. Green Bay needs receivers. Would they trade instead of risking them signing elsewhere?

Good points. I’m very excited to see what both can do. The more I think about it I think They both may end up just beating out Foster and Duke, I think we keep Roberts for special teams. Foster had some magic with Josh 2 years ago but it seems we just keep waiting to find it. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Just an unacceptable answer here from John Brown. He didn’t even answer the question and he had ample chance to explain what he’s helped the rookies with.