Ed Oliver interview - NFL put him in the drug program?

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So you don’t believe that there are instances of black people being treated unfairly purely because of their race?

Racism is a thing.  It’s not everything, but it’s real and it’s heavily embedded in our criminal justice system.  You don’t like facts?

Absolute fire. I think "heavily" is an exaggeration, but still, its a great way of framing the issue.  

21 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Happened to me as a kid at least 4 or 6 times. This BS race baiting division crap needs to stop. I blew a 0.0 when I got brought to the station and I was at the time making poor choices and I got lucky. It happens and I was in the wrong. 

Accountability is about decisions choices and actions not skin color. 

So sick of hearing these spoiled rotten athletes talk about could have been them and how unfair the US while they make more money in one year then most in their lifetime. Shut up and play the game and be grateful to the country that gave you this opportunity. 

so you spent the night in jail?

The criminal justice system regularly arrests and charges a larger percentage of minorities and they receive harsher sentences than their white counterparts do for similar infractions. For black men, it isn’t a matter of if they will be arrested, but rather a matter of when will they be arrested. “Standing on the corner while black”, “driving while black”, “having a picnic while black” have all led to arrests. 

Brock Turner did three months. 

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Absolute fire. I think "heavily" is an exaggeration, but still, its a great way of framing the issue.  

Ya a lot of fire there a lot of real evidence to support this.  More like smoke.

1 minute ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

The criminal justice system regularly arrests and charges a larger percentage of minorities and they receive harsher sentences than their white counterparts do for similar infractions. For black men, it isn’t a matter of if they will be arrested, but rather a matter of when will they be arrested. “Standing on the corner while black”, “driving while black”, “having a picnic while black” have all led to arrests. 

Brock Turner did three months. 

You don't get arrested if you do not commit crimes.

That is what you all seem to forget.

Again give me a fact this is anecdotal garbage.

3 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Ya a lot of fire there a lot of real evidence to support this.  More like smoke.

We are literally in a thread about Ed Oliver getting arrested for not committing a crime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/un-report-on-racial-disparities/

Read this. A report. Sourced. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

We are literally in a thread about Ed Oliver getting arrested for not committing a crime.

Having an open container and not passing field sobreitary is not hacing a picnic. 

3 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

A report from a biased source. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It’s not illegal to have an empty can of beer in your car in Texas.

You do realize that they can pull you over for suspicion of a crime right regardless if you have committed one? 

I have been pulled over for being white in a black neighborhood in rochester before. Does that mean the cops are racist? Or that when they see a white kid driving down conkey that maybe he's looking for something he shouldn't be? 

Having an open container and not passing field sobreitary is not hacing a picnic. 

A report from a biased source. 

So you choose to be ignorant to the racial bias.

A small highlight summarized:  One in four drug arrests are black men.  However, drug use is proportional across all races. 

Small point. Fact. Not biased. Rejecting this fact is choosing ignorance. 

Just now, Sharky7337 said:

You do realize that they can pull you over for suspicion of a crime right regardless if you have committed one? 

I have been pulled over for being white in a black neighborhood in rochester before. Does that mean the cops are racist? Or that when they see a white kid driving down conkey that maybe he's looking for something he shouldn't be? 

I’m sorry that you, much like Ed Oliver, were unlawfully detained.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m sorry that you, much like Ed Oliver, were unlawfully detained.

I'm not. Statistics are on the cops side of why they did it. And I understand that. Majority of the time, they are probably right.

I also was detained on my 27th birthday for not leaving the front of a bar while waiting for my friends. I had not caused any problems or started any fights. They were trying to clear the bar out on Monroe Ave. Cop told me to move. I explained it was my bday and I was waiting for my friends to come out so I could have a ride. He tole me again. I said what are you gonna do arrest me? Well he did. I sat in the car for 2 hours.

Guess what I'm white. It happens to everyone. If I wasn't a smart ass prob wouldn't have happened. 

Edited by Sharky7337

4 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

So you choose to be ignorant to the racial bias.

A small highlight summarized:  One in four drug arrests are black men.  However, drug use is proportional across all races. 

Small point. Fact. Not biased. Rejecting this fact is choosing ignorance. 

I'd like to see a rebuttal of this well documented fact from those that do not believe there's systemic racism.

@Sharky7337  ?

5 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'd like to see a rebuttal of this well documented fact from those that do not believe there's systemic racism.

@Sharky7337  ?

Drug arrests are generally those with a substantial enough amount to authorize arrest. So can there not be more drug dealers in economically bad neighborhoods? How is that racism? 

Again if you do not commit a crime you cannot be sentenced.

Everyone knew in rochester all the crack houses were on smith Street. Smith Street was in a ethnically black neighborhood. Does that mean its racism they happen to be there to be easily caught?

I'll tell you what does correlate. The fatherless rate on families is directly correlations to he chances of socio economic problems leading to crime and arrest.

Is it one groups fault another is not raising their kids in un broken homes?

Edited by Sharky7337

Drug arrests are generally those with a substantial enough amount to authorize arrest. So can there not be more drug dealers in economically bad neighborhoods? How is that racism? 

Ask for facts and then respond with your own made up BS???   

2 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

You do understand that there are white drug dealers too, correct?  You also understand that there are white people who reside in “economically bad neighborhoods,” right?

Drug related crimes and poverty are not just a black thing, dude.  You are doing a great job demonstrating your ignorance.