Ed Oliver interview - NFL put him in the drug program?

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wish Beane and Coach McD could take over Radio.com.  Error in middle of audio and it had no issue showing ads.  

Before Radio.com took over I used to listen to game when I was too tired from work or my feet could not handle drive.

THERE WAS PROBLEM PLAYING THE AUDIO

Check your internet connection, disable any ad blockers, and try again.

Try again

PIPELINE_ERROR_READ: FFmpegDemuxer: data source error (Error code 2)

37 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

So you feel cops should base everything off of a machine that might not be working correctly or calibrated properly? You don't think they should take into account that another driver called in saying he was driving erratically in a construction zone or the beer can between his legs or the stumbling during the sobriety test? 

Holy hell.  Others have been trying to tell you but you keep ignoring.   HE DID NOT HAVE A BEER CAN BETWEEN HIS LEGS.   It was in the side door and used for his dip spit.  Easily proven by pouring it out.

Whether the cops did the right thing or not I won't comment on as it's their judgement, but blowing a 0.00 and NOT having an open beer would change my perception.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Holy hell.  Others have been trying to tell you but you keep ignoring.   HE DID NOT HAVE A BEER CAN BETWEEN HIS LEGS.   It was in the side door and used for his dip spit.  Easily proven by pouring it out.

Whether the cops did the right thing or not I won't comment on as it's their judgement, but blowing a 0.00 and NOT having an open beer would change my perception.

Cops got their quota,

4 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

That fact doesn't change anything . . . 

The officer doesn't believe in breathalyzer data and also believe the Earth is flat. We must respect his ignorance in all aspects of life.

52 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

People can be under the influence of substances that are not alcohol...

If you are taught your whole life that the police are the enemy, you will think that the police are your enemy.

If you are taught your whole life that police are pulling you over because of the color of your skin, you will think the police are pulling you over because of the color of your skin. 

100% agree. But can't blindly give all police benefit of the doubt any longer until they reform training and qualifications.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

As i've stated before just because you blow a 0.0 doesn't mean you will not be arrested. I'm not sure if he got special treatment but when it comes to situations like this I always get that gut feeling that he did.

For most of us, you blow 0.0 and they should let you go.   Especially if he was polite and cooperative. 

According to reports, the open beer can was apparently used as a spittoon filled with Tobacco chew juice (allegedly left in the car by his friend).   It would have been simple to explain that.  The video of him walking during the sobriety tests to me showed no red flags, although i m not trained to make that call, I saw nothing obviously wrong with him.

Special treatment - Unless you think that special treatment is being held in jail, being subjected to a blood test, and long delays getting results, I see this as the opposite of special treatment.  

7 minutes ago, Jobot said:

The officer doesn't believe in breathalyzer data and also believe the Earth is flat. We must respect his ignorance in all aspects of life.

100% agree. But can't blindly give all police benefit of the doubt any longer until they reform training and qualifications.

I can get behind this. The answer is always in the middle.  On the one hand, cops need to exercise wayyyyy more restraint. On the other hand, people interacting with cops have to understand they don't get to disregard a police officer's orders. 

21 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Don't invite suspicion or trouble by driving around with empty alcohol containers in your vehicle. I don't care if he was peeing into it, when a cop sees a beer can in a vehicle there are red flags. The situation was safe for Oliver and confirmed safe for the public, this situation was handled perfectly in my opinion and I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

For most of us, you blow 0.0 and they should let you go.   Especially if he was polite and cooperative. 

I’ve had people blow 0.00, act polite and cooperative but still be under the influence of a controlled substance. 

According to reports, the open beer can was apparently used as a spittoon filled with Tobacco chew juice (allegedly left in the car by his friend).   It would have been simple to explain that. 

It doesn’t matter what the can was used for. An open alcohol container, empty or not, is still against the law, at least in NY.

The video of him walking during the sobriety tests to me showed no red flags, although i m not trained to make that call, I saw nothing obviously wrong with him.

Well, you said yourself, you’re not trained and don’t know what to look for. Just from watching the video I saw at least 2 clues. That’s not to say I agree with the decision to arrest Ed. I wasn’t there and obviously wasn’t part of the investigation. 

Special treatment - Unless you think that special treatment is being held in jail, being subjected to a blood test, and long delays getting results, I see this as the opposite of special treatment.

Seems like he was treated the same way anyone else would’ve been treated under similar circumstances. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Right over my head? Another person called the cops to say that a truck was speeding and driving erratic in a construction zone. The open beer between his legs along with the field sobriety test is what got him arrested. Just because you blow a 0.0 doesn't mean you can't be arrested for DUI. I have been involved with DUI's with 10 of my white friends who all got handcuffed and arrested, only one got off because he refused to blow and his dad was the mayor of west Chicago and by the way he was Mexican if that has anything to do with it. 

Your anecdotal stories are not proofs. 

You were involved in ten DUI’s ? no offense but I’m not taking any DUI advice from you, nuttin but luv dude,

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I’ve had people blow 0.00, act polite and cooperative but still be under the influence of a controlled substance. 

It doesn’t matter what the can was used for. An open alcohol container, empty or not, is still against the law, at least in NY.

Well, you said yourself, you’re not trained and don’t know what to look for. Just from watching the video I saw at least 2 clues. That’s not to say I agree with the decision to arrest Ed. I wasn’t there and obviously wasn’t part of the investigation. 

Seems like he was treated the same way anyone else would’ve been treated under similar circumstances. 

Sounds like you are in law enforcement so I will defer to you -.  Oliver clearly did not get special treatment. 

I am just happy Oliver was clean on all testing.  Good for him. 

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Really? I found this for NY on the google, which is similar to Texas-

The drinking of alcoholic beverages, or the possession of an open container containing an alcoholic beverage, in a motor vehicle located upon the public highways or right-of-way public highway is prohibited. 

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Really, then how are you supposed to take the cans back to the store?

@BringBackFergy    This looks like a job for William Mattar

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Does this happen to white drivers as well?  

Happened to me as a kid at least 4 or 6 times. This BS race baiting division crap needs to stop. I blew a 0.0 when I got brought to the station and I was at the time making poor choices and I got lucky. It happens and I was in the wrong. 

Accountability is about decisions choices and actions not skin color. 

So sick of hearing these spoiled rotten athletes talk about could have been them and how unfair the US while they make more money in one year then most in their lifetime. Shut up and play the game and be grateful to the country that gave you this opportunity. 

Edited by Sharky7337

23 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Sounds like you are in law enforcement so I will defer to you -.  Oliver clearly did not get special treatment. 

I am just happy Oliver was clean on all testing.  Good for him. 

No, I wouldn’t say he got special treatment. 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Not to be pulled over.  Going 20 mph over the speed limit and weaving through traffic is going with the flow in Houston.

Weaving thru traffic is one thing.  Unable to maintain your lane I.e. drifting is totally different.

5 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Happened to me as a kid at least 4 or 6 times. This BS race baiting division crap needs to stop. I blew a 0.0 when I got brought to the station and I was at the time making poor choices and I got lucky. It happens and I was in the wrong. 

Accountability is about decisions choices and actions not skin color. 

So you don’t believe that there are instances of black people being treated unfairly purely because of their race?

Racism is a thing.  It’s not everything, but it’s real and it’s heavily embedded in our criminal justice system.  You don’t like facts?

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So you don’t believe that there are instances of black people being treated unfairly purely because of their race?

Racism is a thing.  It’s not everything, but it’s real and it’s heavily embedded in our criminal justice system.  You don’t like facts?

Show me a fact that supports this. Just because one group commits more crime and gets arrested for it doesn't mean it's racism.

Show me a law that directly targets a specific group of people passed since 1980.

Get your garbage politics out of here. 

Are there people who are racist? Absolutely.

Are their isolated incidents? Sure there are. 

Is the whole country out to get people of certain groups? Your out of your mind.

This country is so racist our last president was black!

Edited by Sharky7337