Ed Oliver interview - NFL put him in the drug program?

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

He us innocent.  End of THAT story. That said, I have someone very close to me that was arrested for a very embarrassing situation that I am not going to get into. After his arrest his accused crime made the news via radio, newspaper, tv and internet. Took him 2.5 years and thousands of dollars to clear his name but will never clear his reputation. We in society too quickly rush to judgement rather then let the case shape out. Just as Ed said, guilty untill proved innocent.  

Men's bathroom gloryhole?!

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Sure, you can’t consume alcohol or possess an open container while operating a vehicle.

Thanks.  Is an empty beer can considered an open container if there is absolutely no evidence that you drank it?

It must have fallen out of the bag while I was taking my bottles and cans back, officer.  I’d be willing to take a breathalyzer ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I did the same dumb crap that most people in any video do, and that is not complying with a order from the cop. 

He told me I was being detained for "failure to disperse" and I have not looked if that is an actual law or he was full of crap. 

But the main problem lies in the culture being taught to today's youth that you can do whatever you want with no reprocessing and that is just not accurate.

Reprocessing?  That sounds painful ? 

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So what's an 'open container'?

This isn’t serious right?

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thanks.  Is an empty beer can considered an open container if there is absolutely no evidence that you drank it?

It must have fallen out of the bag while I was taking my bottles and cans back, officer.  I’d be willing to take a breathalyzer ??‍♂️

An empty beer can is technically an open container. If it fell out of a bag of empty cans that you are taking for recycle then I’d imagine common sense would prevail and you won’t have any issues. 

My advice would be to avoid driving around with empty containers regardless of whether you consumed the alcohol or not.

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Perhaps I should clarify, merely having empty containers scattered throughout the car isn’t something I’m going to care too much about unless I’m conducting a DWI investigation. I will say something about it though.

In fact, I’ve only ever written the open container violation once when it wasn’t a DWI stop. In that case, the guy had just cracked open a cold beer and was trying to hide it between the door and his leg. 

That's why I always have two cheap garbage bags full of empty cans and bottles with a hole in it in back of my vehicle...

Works like a charm every time!!!:flirt:

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

@BringBackFergy care to weigh in as an attorney in NYS?

Depends if you are already impaired or intoxicated. I heard stories of guys locking the doors, shutting engine off and throwing keys outside... then chugging a pint of whiskey while the cop watches. Can’t say he was “driving while intoxicated”. Dumb.  

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Depends if you are already impaired or intoxicated. I heard stories of guys locking the doors, shutting engine off and throwing keys outside... then chugging a pint of whiskey while the cop watches. Can’t say he was “driving while intoxicated”. Dumb.  

You mind if I refer all further questioning to you? NO RETAINER

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I wait until the officer asks me for them and tell him everything that I'm doing. The officer asks for DL and registration I say I'm going to grab my registration from the glove box and I'm going to get my DL from my pocket. Very slow moments and being very respectful has gotten me out of my speeding tickets. This is what my brother in law told my to do who was a police officer for 12 years and is now a US Marshall. 

They trained you well.

10 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I did the same dumb crap that most people in any video do, and that is not complying with a order from the cop. 

He told me I was being detained for "failure to disperse" and I have not looked if that is an actual law or he was full of crap. 

But the main problem lies in the culture being taught to today's youth that you can do whatever you want with no reprocessing and that is just not accurate.

Now there are bad cops and people that abuse that power no doubt.

It's more to the point that you got arrested/detained even though you didn't think you were doing anything wrong.  Unless there was an issue where they were I don't think you were in the wrong but I'm not a lawyer.

I don't believe that most kids are being taught they can do whatever they want.  I think they are just learning because of social media that you can get away with a lot because you have proof now and they antagonize law enforcement because they think holding a camera in their face will protect them.  

I know when my kids get to the age where they can do all this stupid ***** and they think nothing will happen I'm not going to bail them out when they call me.

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I worked with a guy many years ago who was too drunk to get his key in the ignition. The keys fell to the floor, and he passed out. The cops came across him and told him how lucky he was....if the keys were IN the ignition, he’d go to jail. They were on the floor, so they gave him a ride home.

He’s apparently got his act together now, but being arrested that night would have changed his life and (very specific) career options in many ways. Life’s little twists and turns....

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What are you even talking about?

I wanted some clarity on this comment from earlier-

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It doesn’t matter what the can was used for. An open alcohol container, empty or not, is still against the law, at least in NY.

21 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This isn’t serious right?

An empty beer can is technically an open container. If it fell out of a bag of empty cans that you are taking for recycle then I’d imagine common sense would prevail and you won’t have any issues. 

My advice would be to avoid driving around with empty containers regardless of whether you consumed the alcohol or not.

So don't recycle. Got it. 

29 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Men's bathroom gloryhole?!

Wide stance...

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

How much clearer can I make it? Do you really not know what an open container of alcohol is? 

The drinking of alcoholic beverages, or the possession of an open container containing an alcoholic beverage, in a motor vehicle located upon the public highways or right-of-way public highway is prohibited. 

7 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yes. That is how police encounters work. Under any circumstance, you have to comply. If you do not, the police will use the appropriate amount of force to achieve compliance. Once force is introduced, the situation becomes unpredictable and you risk serious injury and/or death.  That is true regardless of race, and the suggestion that it is "odd" that failure to comply could result in serious injury is absurd. Does anyone really believe they can say "no" to the police? 

Yes, of course I believe that I can say no to the police. Would you let them into your house without a warrant? Would you let them search your trunk without a warrant? You have rights, and as much as they try to act like it, they aren't Kings or deities.

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So don't recycle. Got it. 

Put it in the trunk. That’s what we do if we have a bottle of wine out with dinner and don’t finish it, or take a bottle to a party to make daiquiris or after dinner drinks, etc.  Restaurants also have some kind of bag to seal up the bottles. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

The drinking of alcoholic beverages, or the possession of an open container containing an alcoholic beverage, in a motor vehicle located upon the public highways or right-of-way public highway is prohibited. 

Which part is confusing to you?