Ed Oliver interview - NFL put him in the drug program?

YoloinOhio

Not sure why that county can get away with that. According to Ed, he blew 0.0,  then the officer said, “yeah, but I still think you’re drunk.” He told the cop it’s late, I’m tired, I just want to go home then the officer said, “nah, you’re coming with us.” 

Honestly, he seemed very composed given the situation. I understand him being frustrated thinking no one will believe him. That Montgomery County needs to do something about this; sending someone to jail without preponderance of evidence. 

Believe Ed!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm guessing Oliver and Floyds arrest records are the same then. Cops, US Marshals, Military all try to use appropriate force for the situation they are going into or encounter. Unless Oliver has a very bad police record I don't think you can even compare them. Its weird that Oliver said if he didn't say yes sir and no sir or act respectful that things could've gone bad for him. Every time I get pulled over I keep my hands on the wheel until the cop gets to the window then listen to instructions and be respectful as possible. Its my understanding that not listing, being disrespectful, damaging or spiting on the inside of the police car will get you handcuffed and on your face. Feels kinds weird that Oliver is comparing himself to Floyd.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

That sucks for Oliver but IF he was drifting between lanes like the citizen said he was, then what do you expect.  Didn't he have an open beer can between his legs when he was pulled over?  

15 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm guessing Oliver and Floyds arrest records are the same then. Cops, US Marshals, Military all try to use appropriate force for the situation they are going into or encounter. Unless Oliver has a very bad police record I don't think you can even compare them. Its weird that Oliver said if he didn't say yes sir and no sir or act respectful that things could've gone bad for him. Every time I get pulled over I keep my hands on the wheel until the cop gets to the window then listen to instructions and be respectful and possible. Its my understanding that not listing, being disrespectful, damaging or spiting on the inside of the police car will get you handcuffed and on your face. Feels kinds weird that Oliver is comparing himself to Floyd.

Keep your hands on the wheel AND have your DL and registration in your hands.  That's what I do.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm guessing Oliver and Floyds arrest records are the same then. Cops, US Marshals, Military all try to use appropriate force for the situation they are going into or encounter. Unless Oliver has a very bad police record I don't think you can even compare them. Its weird that Oliver said if he didn't say yes sir and no sir or act respectful that things could've gone bad for him. Every time I get pulled over I keep my hands on the wheel until the cop gets to the window then listen to instructions and be respectful and possible. Its my understanding that not listing, being disrespectful, damaging or spiting on the inside of the police car will get you handcuffed and on your face. Feels kinds weird that Oliver is comparing himself to Floyd.

He feels as though he was treated unjustly by the police due to his race.  Why is that so hard to understand?  A person does not have to be murdered to be treated unfairly.  Sounds like he might have a point ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

That sucks for Oliver but IF he was drifting between lanes like the citizen said he was, then what do you expect.  Didn't he have an open beer can between his legs when he was pulled over?  

Keep your hands on the wheel AND have your DL and registration in your hands.  That's what I do.  

I wait until the officer asks me for them and tell him everything that I'm doing. The officer asks for DL and registration I say I'm going to grab my registration from the glove box and I'm going to get my DL from my pocket. Very slow moments and being very respectful has gotten me out of my speeding tickets. This is what my brother in law told my to do who was a police officer for 12 years and is now a US Marshall. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm guessing Oliver and Floyds arrest records are the same then. Cops, US Marshals, Military all try to use appropriate force for the situation they are going into or encounter. Unless Oliver has a very bad police record I don't think you can even compare them. Its weird that Oliver said if he didn't say yes sir and no sir or act respectful that things could've gone bad for him. Every time I get pulled over I keep my hands on the wheel until the cop gets to the window then listen to instructions and be respectful as possible. Its my understanding that not listing, being disrespectful, damaging or spiting on the inside of the police car will get you handcuffed and on your face. Feels kinds weird that Oliver is comparing himself to Floyd.

I hate going here, but, why does it feel weird?  IF he didn’t comply in the manner that he did, he could’ve been killed. He blew a 0.0 and knew he didn’t have drugs in his system....and the cop said he didn’t believe him and took him downtown anyway.  At that point, I know I wouldn’t continue to comply as i originally did.  Considering the cop already said he didn’t believe him, saying something the cop didn’t like could have changed the events to come drastically and inevitably turned this into a Floyd situation. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He was polite and cooperated with the police blew a 0.0 and they still took him to jail why is it crazy to think if he wasn't as cooperative it could of gone a lot worse?

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Right over your head Ktulu, he blew a 0.0, and got arrested in spite of his obvious innocence, and taken to jail, for no reason/being black while driving, that you don’t see it is truly amazing...if Ed was white he is let go on the road where he was pulled over. 

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He feels as though he was treated unjustly by the police due to his race.  Why is that so hard to understand?  A person does not have to be murdered to be treated unfairly.  Sounds like he might have a point ??‍♂️

I just watched the video again, if he feels disrespected than that's a issue he needs to get over because the cops looked like they acted just fine. He even stumbled while walking and looked like he had poor balance in the video, for an elite athlete to stumble like that while trying to walk a straight line is kinds weird. I think there was even a open beer can in the front seat too, to me it feels like he was drinking but had some strings pulled. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1