Random Bills Games Since 1960

T&C

I remember seeing the Rich lit up for this one... lived in Bennington at the time on top of the knoll, and as a side note could also see the slag being dropped in the lake... a fiery red/orange.

Was in my second year of High school when this one was played. Got a good retro game to post? Lets have it.

Man on the wire game here:

Pt.2

Edited by T&C
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Best football game I ever saw was the Monday night season opener in 1974.

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I was at that game with all its twists and turns.  I think Blanda missed a 50+ yard FG to end the game???

Does anyone in the world have a video of the 1st Monday Night game at Rich Stadium vs. the Chiefs???  OJ went over 1000 yards in 1/2 a season!!

4 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

I watched that whole Giants game.  Really fun to hear Frank, Alex and Howard.  But why would you post that particular game?!?! That sucked.

Can't win them all... 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills beating Tom Landry and America's team in Buffalo while going 2-14. This game alone proves any given Sunday is the reality in the NFL.

This game was one of the highlights for me.

The 1984 Bills were the worst team in Bills history as their talent level was among the worst in NFL history.

Just go back and look at how awful that Bills roster was.

But handing Dallas one of their biggest embarrassments was certainly sweet. 

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills beating Tom Landry and America's team in Buffalo while going 2-14. This game alone proves any given Sunday is the reality in the NFL.

The Bills won lots of these type games from 2005-2013, also known as the "Dark Ages." Agreed.

Some nerve racking moments in the 4th quarter but Bill Simpson with one of the biggest INT's in Bills history. I was there and it was my first great Bills memory. The game shouldn't have been as a close as it was but an exciting win just the same.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t have the video, but a great memory for me was the Bills beating the Jets in 1988 to clinch the Bills AFCE.  I came back from Oswego (my alma mater) with 7 college/fraternity buddies for the game.  A half dozen of my St. Francis HS buddies (Came home from their colleges) joined us for the weekend.  We tore it up needless to say and caught up with Gamma guys from Oswego at PJ Bottoms (not sure if that’s still around) and embarrassingly now had a Road House monster brawl with the whole UB Rugby team.  No one was really hurt, and had to wake up game day with a bunch of black eyed and bruised buddies telling stories.  My dad was so excited as he made breakfast for 15 college guys, and was at the lots drinking Labatts by 8:30 am (that’s after getting home around 4:30 am).  

So we ended up in the end zone by the runway on one side and the Gamma guys were in the other side.  Ok, I’ve painted the blurry picture.  Watching that game after so many years from 82-87 of a losing team, and big old Freddy Smerlas jumping up with that huge mitt blocking that field goal was a memory to remember.  If you guys remember, that was one of the games where we stormed the field, I was one of the first down there and slapping the shoulder pads of those Lineman monsters.  I was the third guy on the goal post for all of 7 seconds as someone tried to climb on me to get on the post.  We all ended up getting trampled in that melee on the ground after.  It was fun and scary all at the same time.

Now a great blurry memory, and glad I grew up.  I guess you’re allowed to be young and dumb as long as you learned from it.

Appreciate the thread.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, T&C said:

I remember seeing the Rich lit up for this one... lived in Bennington at the time on top of the knoll, and as a side note could also see the slag being dropped in the lake... a fiery red/orange.

Was in my second year of High school when this one was played. Got a good retro game to post? Lets have it.

Man on the wire game here:

Pt.2

Game was blacked out in WNY...had to listen on radio.  The 1975 team started out 4-0 and looked like a SB contender, only to lose to a lackluster Giants team on MNF.  This game led to a downward spiral with the Bills finishing a pedestrian 8-6 and out of the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Rod Kush game in 1980, comeback road win vaulted the Bills to 5-0, and I can remember where I was watching this.  Kush had a monster game, taking over for the injured Jeff Nixon and starring on special teams.  Unfortunately, he hurt his knee late and I believe he was out the rest of the year.

Here's a random one that I always enjoyed.  In hindsight, it probably wasn't as impressive as it seemed at the time (Culpepper proved to be down right terrible when he didn't have Carter or Moss to throw to).  And yes, it was during the drought years.  But Miami was a popular pick to make a wildcard run that year while no one was picking Buffalo to do anything.  Dolphins were heavy favorites in this game, in Miami, and Buffalo goes into Miami and pretty much out plays them all game.  To add on as a cherry on top for me personally, I remember I was in a sports bar as the only Bills fan while there were a few Dolphins fans a few seats down.  Had my head held high after that one.

Edited by Talley56

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

Some nerve racking moments in the 4th quarter but Bill Simpson with one of the biggest INT's in Bills history. I was there and it was my first great Bills memory. The game shouldn't have been as a close as it was but an exciting win just the same.

The game where I became a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills last playoff win and Don Schula's last game...1995 wild card game. Marino was pissed off the whole game, on the seat of his pants or standing up. This is a condensed version of the game so it won't take up a whole afternoon, think it runs just 21 minutes. Enjoy.