Duke back. CB King released.

5 hours ago, eball said:

I may be in the minority, but I think McKenzie is underrated by many.  Sure hands, quick as a rabbit, and knows the offense.  He's much more dependable than Duke, for example.  If you put him in as the 4th WR and start doing things with motion you can put a lot of speed out there and pressure the defense.  Just my $.02...

I think the value of McK is his versatility. They've played him all over the field at WR, including all the gadget plays. They've used him as a RB, as a kick returner, and even put him in at CB in a pinch. I think his issue this season, and why I think he's vulnerable, is if you take away the gadget plays, he's really not a great WR. Diggs did all those gadget plays in Minnesota, and he did them better. I wouldn't be surprised if they put McK protected on the PS, in case Diggs goes down, so they wouldn't have to limit Daboll's playbook. He does love those gadgets.

Edited by Rocky Landing

On 8/9/2020 at 9:02 PM, GoBills808 said:

4 catches on 10 targets for 49 yards is stepping up big time?

He was the 3rd leading receiver, only one yard less than Smoke on the same number of catches.  Considering he was inactive most of the season, yes, I do call that stepping up big time.  

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 8/9/2020 at 11:49 AM, Chandler#81 said:

I’m done with Duke, personally. I certainly bought in on the big WR who squandered early opportunities then led the CFL in catches & yards. Mostly, I suppose, because it was a glaring need. But Sean seeing serious liabilities in his route running, crippling drops at inopportune times and no noticeable improvement coupled with fantastic upgrades at the position, make him expendable. jmo.

Bills are deep at wr so 3 or 4 guys could compete for a roster spot. To me you're dismissing Duke after a rookie season that would have been judged more positively if he was a 3rd or 4th round pick. He got big game experience and developed a trust with JA. He had some drops, but so did Knox, along with a bunch of crucial whiffs on blocks. To me Roberts and Mackenzie are redundant and one should leave, preferably Roberts. I see Duke as the 6th guy, wi

46 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Bills are deep at wr so 3 or 4 guys could compete for a roster spot. To me you're dismissing Duke after a rookie season that would have been judged more positively if he was a 3rd or 4th round pick. He got big game experience and developed a trust with JA. He had some drops, but so did Knox, along with a bunch of crucial whiffs on blocks. To me Roberts and Mackenzie are redundant and one should leave, preferably Roberts. I see Duke as the 6th guy, wi

He wasn’t a rookie last year. 

31 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

He wasn’t a rookie last year. 

I understand your perception of Duke-- if he was decent, why wasn't he active more? Why did it take so long to get onto an NFL field? But, an equally accurate perception sees a guy who had a serious crash in his senior year of college that knocked him out of the draft, then UDFA on the Rams PS, then a year as an average player in the CFL, followed by a year in which he led the CFL in receptions, followed by PS for the Bills, followed by a promotion to the 53, but mostly inactive, followed by activation, followed by being a go-to guy in the playoffs. Throughout that, he showed real playmaking ability with a large catch-radius, and a knack for contested catches (one apparently unforgivable drop notwithstanding). That reads like an upward trajectory to me, so I don't think he should be so easily dismissed.