Duke back. CB King released.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised, especially with how they used him in the playoff game at Houston. The coaches see something worthwhile.

He was the only guy on the roster supposedly capable of making contested catches, and then he really let the team down in Houston. 

“Why Johnny Ringo.  Looks like somebody walked all over you’re grave.  Play for Blood right, amd it’s ok, legal.  I was just kidding.  I wasn’t.  Say when”.  That’s myself, my cousin, and one of my best friends top of the list guys movies.  

You tell Belicheck, I’m comin, and hells comin with me!  You tell em. We see a Patriots sash, we kill it.  (Ok mods, before sensored, just a couple of lines from Tombstone.  No violence encouraged here.)

1 minute ago, eball said:

He was the only guy on the roster supposedly capable of making contested catches, and then he really let the team down in Houston. 

I think the uncontested catch not made by Brown with the totally unnecessary bunny hop was an easier play not made.  Both effectively cost them 4 pts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

This may be overstated a bit. I suspect that day 3 was all about BPA. It's especially likely that Hodgins was BPA at that moment, as was Fromm two picks before. 

It's only weird if you judge his abilities based on one play.

I didn't follow him in the CFL but I saw all 19 of his NFL targets and I can safely say the guy is a borderline reserve/practice squad player

If you are playing Duke Williams you have issues at wideout which was our case last season. This year it's a much improved group with no need to thin the roster with marginal guys.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, eball said:

If we're going back to that Houston game and that play then lets discuss the points lost when we had a TD or saftey on the second half KO.

17 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

If we're going back to that Houston game and that play then lets discuss the points lost when we had a TD or saftey on the second half KO.

Another sports board I read had that come up the other day. Consensus from non bills fans was we got screwed on that one. 

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think the uncontested catch not made by Brown with the totally unnecessary bunny hop was an easier play not made.  Both effectively cost them 4 pts.

That was a bigger mistake and much easier play than Duke’s. Although Duke’s was an a automatic TD and Brown’s was a probable eventual TD. 

51 minutes ago, eball said:

Right, but that was one game. Playoff game or not, one game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m done with Duke, personally. I certainly bought in on the big WR who squandered early opportunities then led the CFL in catches & yards. Mostly, I suppose, because it was a glaring need. But Sean seeing serious liabilities in his route running, crippling drops at inopportune times and no noticeable improvement coupled with fantastic upgrades at the position, make him expendable. jmo.

Man that was super harsh on D'haquille. He was the only guy getting consistent separation in the playoff game when the rubber hit the road. There was a reason Allen threw to him 10 times in the game and just 4 times each to Brown and Beasley. Young JA would like to retrya  couple of those throws back if he can. And the no-catch before halftime was not a - Knox type gimme drop - it was tough.

I still think if the Bills keep 7 WR, Duke makes the team - Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, Roberts & Duke with Hodges and Foster going to the PS. I wouldnt be surprised if the Bills flipped one of the WRs for a draft pick in the next couple of weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

Duke played better at the end of last season.  Obviously, the Bills think he can still be a factor in the back end of the receiver competition.  At the same time Kkeem King must not have been too impressive in practice.

Nothing against Duke, I like his story and his work ethic, but he didn't always make the most of his opportunities on the field last season.

If the camp competition between Duke and Hodgins is close at all, I'd rather have Hodgins on the team and bet on his potential. While his long speed isn't great (similar to Duke's I'd guess), Hodgins' agility drills at the combine were top of the class and his hands were considered the best by a lot of draft guys as well. 

• Like (+1) 1