HELP !

TSNBDSC

11 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I just choose the share option on YouTube,  then copy link. If you paste it here it embeds.

Interesting Duke... have never used the share option, I just copy and paste and it embeds itself automatically.

Young people don't realize what an effect they had on music in 1964.

On the week of April 4th, 1964, they had the TOP FIVE hits on the Billboard chart and 12 in the top 100.

Here are the songs they had in the top 100 that week

1: ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ 

2: ‘Twist And Shout’ 

3: ‘She Loves You’ 

4: ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’ 

5: ‘Please Please Me’ 

31: ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ 

41: ‘From Me To You’ 

46: ‘Do You Want To Know A Secret’ 

58: ‘All My Loving’ 

65: ‘You Can’t Do That’ 

68: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’ 

79: ‘Thank You Girl’ 

No one has ever done that before or since.

Edited by Wacka
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Wacka said:

On age week of April 4th, 1964, they had the TOP FIVE hits on the Billboard chart and 12 in the top 100.

My sister and her friends saw the Beatles and the Stones in the same week. I remember them practicing for the Beatles running up and down the road in front of our house screaming at the top of their lungs. The most exercise she’s ever gotten in her life! 

She says they couldn’t hear a thing at the concert outside of the girls screaming. 

Just found some old best,R’s records cleaning my attic. Actually found about 200 (+/-) records total, and an old technics turntable. Found some old EPI100 speakers too but it sounds like they need a new woofer (not worth it).

Anyone here into home audio?

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Just found some old best,R’s records cleaning my attic. Actually found about 200 (+/-) records total, and an old technics turntable. Found some old EPI100 speakers too but it sounds like they need a new woofer (not worth it).

I dabble.

How old are the speakers? You sure the cones aren’t just dry rotted? I had a nice set of 1980’s-ish JBL‘s re-coned and they sound good as new.

47 minutes ago, Wacka said:

On age week of April 4th, 1964, they had the TOP FIVE hits on the Billboard chart and 12 in the top 100.

3 & 4 could've easily been 1 & 2 as well...

31, 41, 46, 58 should have been much higher

27 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I dabble.

How old are the speakers? You sure the cones aren’t just dry rotted? I had a nice set of 1980’s-ish JBL‘s re-coned and they sound good as new.

They’re from the 1970’s.

https://www.humanspeakers.com/e/epi100.htm

Im not sure if it’s the woofer. I just didn’t think the woofer on the one speaker sounded right. Could be a capacitor that dried out or something else. I actually found the original replacement woofers for it for $25. I may do it just for fun (if that’s what it ends up being. 

Found 2 sets actually. I can only attach one pic in this post. It won’t let me attach the other picture no matter how small I make it. I tried to post it in a seperate post but couldn’t do that either. So anyway, the other one is the EPI 100 I posted the link to. The one below is a “Criterion 4x”. I think it was the house brand of an old electronics store called Lafayette’s.

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-Catalogs/Consumer/Lafayette-1976-Catalog.pdf

0100FDD8-0F72-4ED9-9C2B-652729493A63.jpeg

Edited by BillsFan4

I guess my dad was actually going to buy the JBL 100’s instead of those EPI 100’s but he wanted a sealed speaker (or at least that’s the story I was told...).

Doh! Those JBL 100’s were JBL’s most popular speaker EVER. So popular they recently brought them back. List price: $2000. Each. ($4000/pair)

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-47vZ8Hc3cEu/p_109L100BLK/JBL-L100-Classic-Black-Grille.html

The originals are still selling for like $1500+. 

Found an old Marantz 4 channel amp too (in the original box!). Then noticed some of the records are “quadraphonic”. I guess 4 channel music was a thing for a minute? 

Hey @4_kidd_4 do you have any home audio gear? If so what do you have (speakers and receiver/amp specifically). I’m speaker shopping at the moment.

Edited by BillsFan4

9 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

3 & 4 could've easily been 1 & 2 as well...

31, 41, 46, 58 should have been much higher

3&4  were #1 hits in March.

That was the rankings for the one week! Some were heading down and some were heading up. They had about an EIGHTH of the songs on the Top 100 that one week.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, The Poojer said:

just so ahead of their time and so damned good.  Music holds up as well today as it did back then

The music holds up well.  When my grandson is in the car,

we only listen to the Beatles channel on XM.

Back in the day I was more of a Dave Clark Five fan

10 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

If you want to sell anything listed above, I'm your huckleberry.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

If you want to sell anything listed above, I'm your huckleberry.

Ok I’ll let you know. If I do I’ll give you first dibs. But I’m not sure if I’m going to sell any of it (the good stuff anyway...lol).

• Like (+1) 1

As a youngster (8 or 9) sharing a bedroom with my older brother, I spent a lot of time listening to the Red and Blue albums.  I distinctly remember, "Help!" being one of the songs that really sucked me in.  Great, great stuff.