If college football season is cancelled, NFL will likely play on Saturdays, per PFT

Logic

Well, if College ball happens in the Spring, it’s almost the best of both worlds.  You get a huge infusion of the NFL in the fall if they actually have Saturday ball, and if colleges play in the Spring, then you get for those that like it College ball in the Spring.  I know some people love hockey, basketball, and baseball, but I love football.  I don’t watch much of college ball as the NFL takes up enough time in the fall.  Just trying to think of the glass half full.

Growing up in Buffalo, I’ve always been a bigger nfl fan but this really sucks.  I really love college football Saturday’s.  And even worse, it figures more nfl games will be played on Saturdays when fans are going to be allowed to go and tailgate. 

2020 is just a loud, continuous fart.

I'd love for there to be more NFL games on a Saturday. Unsurprisingly, I've never had much interest in the college game so wouldn't miss that.

I quite often watch another game between two other teams once the Bills have finished on a Sunday (if 1pm ET KO) so I'd easily get into watching other teams on Saturday night if it were to happen. 

I certainly prefer to watch a Bills night game which kicks off at 1am Sunday morning than 1am Monday morning over here. 

As usual though, one man's trash is another man's treasure. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well, if College ball happens in the Spring, it’s almost the best of both worlds.  You get a huge infusion of the NFL in the fall if they actually have Saturday ball, and if colleges play in the Spring, then you get for those that like it College ball in the Spring.  I know some people love hockey, basketball, and baseball, but I love football.  I don’t watch much of college ball as the NFL takes up enough time in the fall.  Just trying to think of the glass half full.

Having CFB in the spring would be great for the fans. It would give us our football fix while the NFL goes thru its long offseason. I wonder how it would affect NFL organizations in trying to get ready for the draft.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not really sure why that warrants a “wow?” To each his own I guess.

I live in SEC country and am an Ohio State fan so my college football experience is spent with the elite. There aren’t many/any sporting experiences that compare to a Saturday Night in Death Valley and I don’t even like LSU. The passion, crowd, and overall effort is unmatched. It’s the closest thing that the US has to European Soccer. Every game played by those teams could be the end of their chances. If you get sniped by Mississippi State, or Michigan State, or whomever, you’re cooked. There’s no margin for error. That drama makes Saturday infinitely more interesting. There’s no, “we will get them next week” after laying an egg vs. Miami. 

The Bills are my favorite team in sports. I prefer a Bills game over everything but I find the NFL just okay after that. I’m not excited about Seattle - SF on Sunday Night despite the fact that it may have playoff implications. The reality is that the loser of that game can still bounce back when it matters, in the playoffs. When LSU plays Alabama it’s winner take all for all intents and purposes. 

I am an NFL addict and most weeks during the season I will have watched at least 10 games start to finish. The condensed 40 minute versions on GamePass are perfect for my morning commute (in normal times, obviously, doubt I will be in my office much at all this fall). But I completely get what you mean about college football. It has grown on me the more I have watched. When I started watching I only picked games because they had draft prospects I was really interested in.... now I will occasionally watch a college game just because it could be a really good game between two competitive teams. I will be sad if there is no season at all on Saturdays. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Too bad it’s the worst thing for the actual players

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am an NFL addict and most weeks during the season I will have watched at least 10 games start to finish. The condensed 40 minute versions on GamePass are perfect for my morning commute (in normal times, obviously, doubt I will be in my office much at all this fall). But I completely get what you mean about college football. It has grown on me the more I have watched. When I started watching I only picked games because they had draft prospects I was really interested in.... now I will occasionally watch a college game just because it could be a really good game between two competitive teams. I will be sad if there is no season at all on Saturdays. 

College ball isn't the same without the connection to the schools and fans.  I did not care about college ball while living in WNY.  Here in Houston college ball is bigger than NFL.  I've posed the same question to many of my friends and colleagues:  Would you take 5 consecutive super bowl wins for (Texas, Saints, Cowboys, etc.) or 1 National Championship for (A&M, LSU, UT, TCU, etc.)? The answer is always the same and its one National Championship.  

Living in college football country, going to an LSU tailgate, seeing all the pageantry on a fall Saturday helps you see past the fact that every game is basically a blowout to impress Condoleeza Rice and appreciate the spectacle.  

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’ve heard from a pretty reliable source that the big 10 & pac 12 will be announcing cancellation as early as tomorrow. Take it fwiw

That’s being rumored everywhere. Dan Patrick reported it. He even said teams might leave those conferences as others are recruiting them to join forces for the season (?) 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s being rumored everywhere. Dan Patrick reported it. He even said teams might leave those conferences as others are recruiting them to join forces for the season (?) 

Heard the same thing. Mainly SEC trying to poach big 12 & ACC teams 

38 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

College ball isn't the same without the connection to the schools and fans.  I did not care about college ball while living in WNY.  Here in Houston college ball is bigger than NFL.  I've posed the same question to many of my friends and colleagues:  Would you take 5 consecutive super bowl wins for (Texas, Saints, Cowboys, etc.) or 1 National Championship for (A&M, LSU, UT, TCU, etc.)? The answer is always the same and its one National Championship.  

Living in college football country, going to an LSU tailgate, seeing all the pageantry on a fall Saturday helps you see past the fact that every game is basically a blowout to impress Condoleeza Rice and appreciate the spectacle.  

I think part of it might be that your average person can go to and be a part of the school for any given team where as only a small number of people will happen to work for NFL teams.