If college football season is cancelled, NFL will likely play on Saturdays, per PFT

Logic

Who's ready for Saturday triple-headers and the NFL being on four days a week?!

There are going to be some mighty unhappy wives, methinks...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/08/if-college-football-season-doesnt-happen-nfl-likely-will-play-on-saturdays/

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL likely will move games from Sundays to Saturday, if college football doesn’t proceed this season. It’s unclear whether the games would be broadcast, streamed, or distributed on a pay-per-view basis, but the league likely would backfill the vacant Saturday windows with NFL content.

The easiest approach would be to treat each Saturday like the late-season tripleheader the league staged in 2019, with a game at 1:00 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 8:15 p.m. ET. That would trim the Sunday slate by three games each week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Who's ready for Saturday triple-headers and the NFL being on four days a week?!

There are going to be some mighty unhappy wives, methinks...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/08/if-college-football-season-doesnt-happen-nfl-likely-will-play-on-saturdays/

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL likely will move games from Sundays to Saturday, if college football doesn’t proceed this season. It’s unclear whether the games would be broadcast, streamed, or distributed on a pay-per-view basis, but the league likely would backfill the vacant Saturday windows with NFL content.

The easiest approach would be to treat each Saturday like the late-season tripleheader the league staged in 2019, with a game at 1:00 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 8:15 p.m. ET. That would trim the Sunday slate by three games each week.

I would love Saturday NFL as it would allow me to function on Monday mornings.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I’m an NFL football addict so NFL filling in Saturdays if college football doesn’t happen would be great.   I generally watch UB, Stanford and Notre  Dame, when available, and some Games of the Year so I might watch more with the NFL.

College Football is my favorite sport so it’s disappointing for me. I’ll watch college teams that I don’t care about way more often than NFL teams that I don’t care about. The games just mean more. With that being said, if the power 5 end up cancelling the NFL should definitely backfill those slots. There’s no reason to not have football all day Saturday.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So wait does this mean it'd be on both Saturday and Sunday?

That's how I read it.

They're not saying the NFL would be played on Saturday INSTEAD of Sunday, but rather IN ADDITION TO Sunday. 

I see it like PFT does: A triple-header at 1, 4:15, and 8:30 on Saturday. The usual slate of games (minus three) on Sunday, Sunday night, and Monday night.

It would just mean less games being played on Sunday. On the other hand, more people would likely get to watch more games, and there would be more "national spotlight" windows.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

That's how I read it.

They're not saying the NFL would be played on Saturday INSTEAD of Sunday, but rather IN ADDITION TO Sunday. 

I see it like PFT does: A triple-header at 1, 4:15, and 8:30 on Saturday. The usual slate of games (minus three) on Sunday, Sunday night, and Monday night.

It would just mean less games being played on Sunday. On the other hand, more people would likely get to watch more games, and there would be more "national spotlight" windows.

Makes sense that's what I hope it is though it would be ironic that the year the Bills finally get some national exposure everyone gets more at the same time.