Ok All You Flat Earth Idiots: Refute This, I Dare Ya!

K-9

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Hadn’t seen this since I was a kid watching this episode of Cosmos with Carl Sagan. Every flat earther needs to see this. 

Used to see Dr Sagan tooling onto campus from the Triphammer/Thurston/Wait area (North Campus) if I was walking to an 8:00 AM class when I was a student at Cornell.  He even waved a couple of times as I am sure he did with any faces that looked familiar to him.  He did not hang out with the students in general.  A few Greek houses drew his ire because he was not into into blaring stereos in his neighborhood.  One scheduled a mia culpa Saturday BBQ with  him invited but he declined.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Hadn’t seen this since I was a kid watching this episode of Cosmos with Carl Sagan. Every flat earther needs to see this. 

PLEASE post this on the Chiefs board! Sammy will be on IR in no time! He can’t handle the truth! 

• Haha (+1) 3

The other thing that this shows is that Columbus was an idiot. He thought he could find a shortcut to India by traveling west, but he grossly underestimated the circumference of the Earth, which was well known for more than a thousand years prior. A trip to the library would have told him that the distance was too far. By the time they reached North America, they were nearly out of provisions and the crew was threatening mutiny. If there hadn't been a "new world," they'd have died.

Columbus wasn't a great explorer - he was a lucky, incompetent navigator.

21 hours ago, K-9 said:

If your irrefutable proof is "Carl Sagan told me on a TV Show", then I will need further convincing.  I'm open to all rational arguments.

Edited by {::'KayCeeS::}